Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clever ways to hide nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 10:42 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go dry way easy to hide and no one will know.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:44 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just do like Darrell Alderman and hide it in your oilpan.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:51 AM
12 Second Club

My nitrous system isn't technically hidden, but most casual looker totally overlook it.

I have my noids installed on a bracket where the EGR used to be and peeled the stickers off them.

I've wire loomed all the nitrous lines, and electrical connections. The relays are placed on the driver fender well.

My dead giveaways are the two nozzles going into the MAF bracket, the red/blue end connections on the lines, the purge tube, FPSS, and the nitro controller.

The FPSS will be hidden once I finish my fuel rail covers.

If I wanted to finish hiding the system, I would just hit the red/blue line ends with a little sand paper. Paint over the writing on the nitrous controller, reroute my purge tube, and then figure out a new maf end, or switch to a TB plate.

People see the noids where the EGR used to be and never question it.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:37 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its a shame someone doesnt make a nozzle that looks like a sensor. That way you could run the lines together with the throttle body sensors, air sensors and what not. It would appear to just be another sensor in the MAF or throttle body! Talk about hidden!!......
Old 09-23-2005, 05:41 PM
11 Second Club

I just covered my nitrious lines and electrical wires with loom and I made a little box to cover the solenoids and to protect the 'noids from the radiator's HEAT. It looks really stealth and only the guys that are looking for it can really tell I have it.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:04 PM
TECH Resident

You could always go the route of our direct efi nozzle setup where the nozzle goes into the injector port and the injector then fits into the nozzle.. a little less noticeable then something ported into your intake

you can see it here

http://www.nitrousdirect.com/wetnitrouskits.html

about 30% down the page under the title
Direct Port E.F.I. Nitrous Kit for Fuel Injected LS1/LT1 and GM Trucks

Last edited by NitrousDirect; 09-23-2005 at 06:13 PM.
Old 09-24-2005, 06:47 PM
Staging Lane

i'm in the same situation with my DAD so what i did was buy a NOS wet kit and put the solenoids under the black plastic in fornt of the air lid and ran hard lines (brake line) up through a hole i cut in the bottom of air lid and bent them and ran them all the way through the the intake behind the MAF sensor. THen i just put a T fiiting in my fuel line under the car so there was no line comming off the fuel rail. the only way you could see anything was if you layed on your back and looked up under the front end in front of the radiator. Also made an ash tray switch panel with quick connects so i could disconnect the switch before my dad drove it.
Old 09-24-2005, 08:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine was completely in the Loom and shot in the MAF back side. Ran main bottle in Spare and 5# backup under sub

Quick Reply: Clever ways to hide nitrous