Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zex Kit in stock motor. need info

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 01:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zex Kit in stock motor. need info

My friend has a 99 Z28 hardtop. It has around 40K very very well cared for miles, and wasnt modded till around 10K miles ago. whats the biggest shot he will be able to run? He was thinking of a 100 or 125 shot. Is that too much?

I listed the kit he wants to buy and the extras he plans to get with it, is he leaveing anything out?? Since its a manual he wants to make sure its done 100% right. He dosnt own a PC and i told him about this site, so he asked if id post this for him to get some opionions, since many of you guys prolly have juice and know a thing or two. Oh and should he reset the ECU back to default or leave in the Hypertech program, he currently has it set on the premium 93 setting i belive. He is also geting a new clutch very soon, deciding which one to go with. prolly gona get a Mcleod twin disk or Spec stage 3. Any suggestions on that?

The only mods so far are:

Skip Shift Elm
Pro 5.0 Shifter
MTI Airbox w K/N
Long Tube Headers
TSP X-Pipe w/bullets
O2 Sims ( i think )
Hypertech PP

and for suspension:

Strange 12B rear with 3:73s
Sphon Driveshaft
Sphon rear sway bar
Sphon Adj. Torque Arm
Sphon LCA Relocation Brackets
Sphon LCA Adj. Spherical Rod Ended
Sphon Panhard Bar Adj. Spherical Rod Ended

He wants to put the Zex LS1 wetkit http://www.zex.com/Products/NitrousOxide/WetLS1.asp with all the extras such as

Zex Sparkplugs
better fule pump
RPM window switch
Fuel Pressure Safety Switch
Bottle Pressure Guage
Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) Switch
Automatic Bottle Heater
Purge kit
Old 09-23-2005, 09:14 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Zex kit is rated at the fly wheel.So the 125 shot should give him about a 100 to the ground.If he wants to go higher I suggest upgrading the intank fuel pump to a walboro pump.I suggest looking into the ZeX tunner kit for the accessories.It will have all the accessories in one.He needs to remove the performance side of the hypertech.It advances timing.Let me know if I can help.We carry ZEX products.
Dave