Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered my NX kit today

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 05:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordered my NX kit today

Hello all I am new to nitrous and to here. Anyways I ordered my NX kit through Nitro Dave's today. I ordered the NX-20921-15, Genx2 upgrade, a window switch with 1st, 2nd, or 3rd gear lockout, remote bottle opener, and switches.

I am going to put this in my 06 300C, I plan to run a 100 shot, at this time and see how that goes. I can not find alot of info about nitrous and the 300C. Does the above sound good or am I missing anything? I also ordered new plugs so I got that covered.

Thanks and this is a great place I was hung up about finding a supercharger, till I started re-searching and stumbled upon this site.

Thanks all
Old 09-23-2005, 05:32 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Justin,
Thanks you very much for the call today.When you find out about the traction controll stuff on that car please let me know.Welcome to LS1 tech.This is the best nitrous furom on the internet.No matter what car you have.
Thanks for your support.
Dave
Old 09-23-2005, 05:52 PM
Staging Lane

Thank you for the welcome Dave, and it was a pleasure doing business with you.

Thanks

Justin
Old 09-23-2005, 06:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What TractionControl? I think you need to TURN TC OFF! I have a Vette so I can turn it off or hold the button down and go into competative mode, TRACTION OFF, ACTIVE HANDLING ON.

I was told if you have on traction control it coul dpotentially cause an issue with the nitrous becuase it pulls fuel to compensate
Old 09-23-2005, 06:32 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2001 Red Coupe Bandit
What TractionControl? I think you need to TURN TC OFF! I have a Vette so I can turn it off or hold the button down and go into competative mode, TRACTION OFF, ACTIVE HANDLING ON.

I was told if you have on traction control it coul dpotentially cause an issue with the nitrous becuase it pulls fuel to compensate
I might be misinformed and if I am I am sure someone will correct me, but the ESP on the car is turned off or on with the push button however, the system is never "totally" off meaning you can spin the wheels however at some point the car will take over I am not sure at what point that is though. With it off if i nail it I can spin the tires, however with it on it just de-accelerates to make the wheels not spin.

I turned it off one day and was messing around at work and hit a corner to fast slid the car sideways and the ESP kicked in. slowing me down. Turned it on took the same corner and as soon as it sensed the wheels slipping it did it's thing.

I guess the question lays in the fact the ESP is never totally off, unless you pull the number 17 fuse, or get a mod done, so if it is never totally off will there be a problem?

Thanks

Justin
Old 09-23-2005, 06:44 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You most deffintly needed it turned all the way off in order to spray.
Dave
Old 09-23-2005, 07:12 PM
Staging Lane

Thank you Dave I will just pull the fuse then, easy problem to solve.

Thanks for your help again

Justin