Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX remote openers whats the difference?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know they are the exact SAME motor and all but like dean said...it does work better because DynoTune has a wider "base" for the motor to grasp...that makes it easier for the motor to open and close. it's kinda like if u had a **** to open a valve that was the diamiter of a pencil with 1000psi of pressure behind it, wouldn't that be a lil hard? That's like the NX, DynoTunes is like having the same valve with a **** the diamiter of a baseball, u can get a better grip and put more tq into ur turn. I have NEVER had any issue with my DynoTune opener. I tried 2 NX openers...same thing. Even tho they are the SAME motor the DynoTune is very quiet, the NX was noisy as hell.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:54 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok Guys.I personally have installed many NX openers.Yes in some circumstances the clutch may need adjusted.It depends on the bottle valve.Im sure the Dyno tunes is the same.The NX opener fits firm and tite and works great.It also does not take up much room.I personally do not recommend the solenoid style openers.
Dave
Old 10-03-2005, 05:30 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DynotuneN2O
XTrooper - Which style valve do you have? Does it have the dual ports?

If you had an issue we wish you would let us know

Dean
1. Single port.

2. I wish I had too!

No big deal. At least I got a spare motor out of the deal.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:12 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Ok several openers on the market today. And there are 3 bottle types, and at least 2 vavle types.

On the bottles types, There are at least 3 neck sizes. Small, Med, and Large at the area just were the valve thread into the bottle.

On the vavles I know of 2 diameters. Sherwood uses a bit larger top then does the seadux ( i know mis spelled).

Right now all short NX style openers, purple or black, fit all Seadux valve, either NX, ZEX, nos.
If you have the larger diameter top you would need the ZEX opener.

The Dyno stuff is pretty cool, with that ****... And fits several sytles like nos NX Dyno tune.

The point is these openers use the same type of motor, with clutch combo.. The biggest problem is setting the clutch too tight. It takes very little pressure to close and open a bottle.

Just make sure whom evers you buy give all the details, MFG of bottle, bottle neck size, and valve style. Then you will be happy with your selection.

I will point out that the ZEX opener is the only open on the market that fits both valves, and 2 of the bottle neck sizes...

Ricky
Old 10-03-2005, 10:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
I personally do not recommend the solenoid style openers.
Dave
why ?......
Old 10-03-2005, 01:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by oange ss
why ?......
Yah Why? I've used the NX solenoid opener for years and never had a problem.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:29 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SILLY QUESTION....why doesnt anyone make a decent opener for the TNT bottles????
i dont want to modify a NX opener and i dont want a solenoid style opener.
anyone clarify this for me???
Old 10-04-2005, 10:46 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by TNTramair
SILLY QUESTION....why doesnt anyone make a decent opener for the TNT bottles????
The NX one does not need much work to fit.However the Zex one will fit right on.Works great to.
Dave
Old 10-04-2005, 11:32 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by oange ss
why ?......
Ok,
This is my personal opinion.

First the old style NOS openers. I have personaly helped many customers that were having leaking problems after a while or the solenoid was not opening all the way restricting flow.

The new style openers offered by Edelbrock and some other comapanys are in my opinion better than the NOS style. However they are not a true bottle opener. You still have to walk to the back of the car and turn the bottle valve on and off.It is not good to leave constant pressure on a valve over a long period of time.If for some reason you got trash in your system from a bad bootle fill and it got in the line causing your nitrous solenoid to hang open then the solenoid opener valve leaked when you go to start your car.BOOM..(the odds are low but still possible) With putting the solenoid in line you are creating a flow restriction.ANYTIME you change direction of flow for any reason with nitrous becomes a restriction.. Also ANYTIME you change diameter sizes you introduce phase change within that given area, hense the flow restriction...
Im not saying these units will not work.Because they do. Im just saying they are not as good as the bottle valve openers.

Last.The bottle valve openers.These units are true remote bottle openers.There is no reason to get out of your car and walk to the back at all.The opener actually goes on the bottle valve and not inline.There are three companys that I know of that offer them. Nitrous Express,Zex, and DynoTune.

For the record.Im not bashing any of the styles above.They will all work.I just personaly prefer the actual real bottle openers beacuse there is no way one of them can create a problem....
Dave
Old 10-04-2005, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by TNTramair
ZEX will work with the TNT stuff.
Ricky
Old 10-04-2005, 11:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Terry S,

I will pass that on. Not a bad idea. He has his own filling station.

Old 10-04-2005, 01:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
ZEX will work with the TNT stuff.
Ricky
thanx guys!
Old 10-04-2005, 06:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have the NX opener and once I adjusted the clutch to my bottle I have not had an issue. I looked at the Dyno tune opener and REALLY like it. The idea of the quick release compared to the hose clamp is a deal maker for me, but I already have the NX. I keep hoping to have problems with the NX to upgrade to the DT model, but it hasn't happened yet.
I hate it when a company makes a good product. I hate it too when I see a better product but can't justify getting it when the one I have works well.

I think either opener is a good choice, but the DT design is a step ahead of the NX. Just my opinion, and I love NX stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-05-2005, 02:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Ok,
This is my personal opinion.

First the old style NOS openers. I have personaly helped many customers that were having leaking problems after a while or the solenoid was not opening all the way restricting flow.

The new style openers offered by Edelbrock and some other comapanys are in my opinion better than the NOS style. However they are not a true bottle opener. You still have to walk to the back of the car and turn the bottle valve on and off.It is not good to leave constant pressure on a valve over a long period of time.If for some reason you got trash in your system from a bad bootle fill and it got in the line causing your nitrous solenoid to hang open then the solenoid opener valve leaked when you go to start your car.BOOM..(the odds are low but still possible) With putting the solenoid in line you are creating a flow restriction.ANYTIME you change direction of flow for any reason with nitrous becomes a restriction.. Also ANYTIME you change diameter sizes you introduce phase change within that given area, hense the flow restriction...
Im not saying these units will not work.Because they do. Im just saying they are not as good as the bottle valve openers.

Last.The bottle valve openers.These units are true remote bottle openers.There is no reason to get out of your car and walk to the back at all.The opener actually goes on the bottle valve and not inline.There are three companys that I know of that offer them. Nitrous Express,Zex, and DynoTune.

For the record.Im not bashing any of the styles above.They will all work.I just personaly prefer the actual real bottle openers beacuse there is no way one of them can create a problem....
Dave

Thanks Dave, I knew you would have a logical explianation for your opinion. I've used my solenoid opener for a couple of years with no problems, but I only spray about 20 times a year. I leave the bottle valve open all the time and so far have not had any leaks. My concren with the other type of opener was that with the motor, gears and mechanical operation it seemed like there was more to go wrong. I'll take a closer look at them for my next system.
Bill
Old 11-11-2005, 02:40 AM
Staging Lane

Default Im Hijacking this thread

This post has got me wondering if the dynotune remote bottle opener is gonna work for the nx 10lb bottle I have. The bottle has two unused(for now) ports, blowoff port and the main. Heres a pic:

Id like to use the unsed ports for the nx pressure transducer and the nx pressure gauge. Will the Dynotune remote bottle opener work with my application? I hope it does cause this is one of the last pieces I need to complete my nitrous install, well this and a WO2.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:43 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

We actually are working on adding all the Nitrous bottles to the opener portfolio.
I dont know if the opener will work on the NX valve, we have all the parts on order to make all the correct brackets for all the Bottles! Stay tuned....
www.dynotunenitrous.com
Cheers

Dan
Old 11-11-2005, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by frknlo
This post has got me wondering if the dynotune remote bottle opener is gonna work for the nx 10lb bottle I have. The bottle has two unused(for now) ports, blowoff port and the main. Heres a pic:

Id like to use the unsed ports for the nx pressure transducer and the nx pressure gauge. Will the Dynotune remote bottle opener work with my application? I hope it does cause this is one of the last pieces I need to complete my nitrous install, well this and a WO2.
Tell you what you buy the DT unit and if it does not fit the currect NX valve, I will modify the unit for you for free, or set you up with the older valve.
Ricky
Old 11-11-2005, 10:38 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
Tell you what you buy the DT unit and if it does not fit the currect NX valve, I will modify the unit for you for free, or set you up with the older valve.
Ricky
That sounds great, Thanks for the offer! I guess it wont hurt to order the DT opener now. or maybe I should wait a bit so theres no money wasted in shipping parts back and forth. hmmm...I wonder how long we must stay tuned?
Old 11-12-2005, 10:06 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by frknlo
That sounds great, Thanks for the offer! I guess it wont hurt to order the DT opener now. or maybe I should wait a bit so theres no money wasted in shipping parts back and forth. hmmm...I wonder how long we must stay tuned?
We have the valves on order when they come in we will be able to give a date!

Dean
Old 11-23-2005, 04:21 PM
11 Second Club

Any word yet on when the valves are coming in?

Quick Reply: NX remote openers whats the difference?????