Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX remote openers whats the difference?????

Old 10-02-2005, 08:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default NX remote openers whats the difference?????

is there a difference in the openers there is a black one and a purple one ???? is it just the color or are they for different applications???
i dont want to buy the wrong one
Old 10-02-2005, 09:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe some one knows for sure but I think they just decided to change colors.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:30 AM
11 Second Club

The black ones are the newer ones, but what changes were made, if any, I don't know. They both work with all NX applications.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

I bought the one from DynoTune. This is a MUCH better unit than the NX opener. Stronger and much easier to use!

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idcategory=33

JMHO
Old 10-02-2005, 09:40 AM
11 Second Club

Beware of the fact that it doesn't fit with all bottles and if you have your bottle pressure and/or heat transducer mounted directly to your NX bottle, it will not fit. I found this out the hard way.

As far as "stronger" is concerned, the actual motors are identical, so I don't know how this is possible.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Steve

It fit my 10lb NX bottle perfectly. As far as stronger, it is bllet aluminum. Has a handle to get it in and out of the car easier.

My buddy and I both have openers. He has the NX. We filled our bottles together the other day.

He said he could kick himself in the butt for buying a NX opener.. Mine is MUCH easier to work with. One **** takes the unit off. Takes seconds. No hose clamp to mess with.

Try it, you will definately like it!!

Old 10-02-2005, 09:53 AM
TECH Resident

Might want to check out the solenoid style bottle openers as well

Remote Nitrous Bottle Opener
Old 10-02-2005, 11:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ok I need to get 1 or 2 openers and want to know what makes it not to work on some bottles? is it just the bottle valve that makes a difference? and if so what whould work with a TNT bottle and a high flow NOS valve? I will change valves if I have to to beable to run a good opener.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:40 AM
TECH Resident

Well the valve type openers are very specific to location on the valve and roating the handle/stem

The solenoid style will work on any type of valve/bottle you could have
Old 10-02-2005, 11:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've heard the solenoid type bottle valves were prone to freezing up and some impede nitrous flow causing nitrous supply surging, is this true ?
Old 10-02-2005, 11:56 AM
Launching!

got my nx opener and I LOVE it. Specially when on the freeway and one of those STI pulls on side of me. the look on there face when i hit it, is priceless!!!
Old 10-02-2005, 01:21 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by fastbasser

We filled our bottles together the other day.

"Not that there's anything wrong with that."
Old 10-02-2005, 04:01 PM
TECH Resident

No it's not true. But Your opener does have the be rated for the HP you're spraying
Old 10-02-2005, 05:09 PM
11 Second Club

Steve

It fit my 10lb NX bottle perfectly. As far as stronger, it is bllet aluminum. Has a handle to get it in and out of the car easier.

My buddy and I both have openers. He has the NX. We filled our bottles together the other day.

He said he could kick himself in the butt for buying a NX opener.. Mine is MUCH easier to work with. One **** takes the unit off. Takes seconds. No hose clamp to mess with.

Try it, you will definately like it!!

My mistake was that I DID try it.

Maybe my NX bottle has a different (newer?) bottle valve, but the DynoTune I have absolutely would not work with my bottle. The first problem I ran into was that the ring that the handle is attached to was way too thick to fit under my pressure gauge and transducer. I had a machinist friend of mine put it on a milling machine and he thinned the mounting ring up enough in the appropriate places so that I could fit it around the bottom of the valve and tighten it up. When I finally got that accomplished, I found that the vertical piece (the one that the **** screws into) positioned the motor too high for the bottle valve and the stem gear ended up being about an 1/8" shy of meshing with the motor gears. Basically I wasted a lot of time, effort, and money on the DynoTune opener and, of course, since we machined it trying to get it to work with my bottle, I didn't bother trying to return it.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:16 PM

XTROOPER thanks for that info i was leaning towards that opener but if it doesnt fit the NX bottles correctly i will have to look at other options

now i am confused on which opener to go with
Old 10-02-2005, 06:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

I first had the NX opener and it kept getting stuck open and closed. so I bought the dynotune opener and love it. not only does the handle make it MUCH easier to carry around but the opener works much better and hasn't stuck at all. I had the trouble with the pressure sensor also but I messed with it for a bit and got it to work. as far as I know there is no difference in dynotune and NX bottles so the dynotune opener should work for u. u won't be dissapointed.

don't get all pissed at me if I'm wrong about the bottles, I think dean or rick need to step in on this to prove one side or the other.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:15 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by thechef
XTROOPER thanks for that info i was leaning towards that opener but if it doesnt fit the NX bottles correctly i will have to look at other options

now i am confused on which opener to go with
Actually, the DynoTune is an awesome-looking piece and the machining is excellent on it. It just didn't work for me. Believe me, I'd have loved to have gotten it to work. If you're interested in it, I'd suggest you go ahead and order it and see what happens. If it won't work and you don't decide to mill it beforehand , I'm sure you could return it for a refund if it didn't work out.

Screamin_Z's "as far as I know" statement are like "famous last words." The fact is, the DynoTune opener didn't come close to working with my NX bottle and bottle valve. I agree that the handle is a great feature and it was one of the things that attracted the DynoTune version to me, but this idea that it "works better" I really don't understand. I have thoroughly examined both motors and can assure you that they both use the exact same motor. They are identical in every way and obviously come from the same source.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:58 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Thanks guys for the good words!

XTrooper - Which style valve do you have? Does it have the dual ports? If you had an issue we wish you would let us know - suppliers come out with new style valves and since we design everything in house we can satisfy most requirements. If we do not know we cannot help.

Screamin_Z,
You are correct - The Dynotune we feel does work better - it is due to the design - not the motor. The motors as far as I know - I do not have an NX one are the same. The reason ours works better is in the way the motor interfaces to the gear. Our motor to gear interface results in more momentum before the opener opens or closes. This helps eliminate most of those stuck conditions when it seems the opener is not strong enough.

Dean
Old 10-02-2005, 07:02 PM
10 Second Club

I have to agree with Xtrooper here...try it if it works great. Either way let everyone know. I'm certain w/o asking that an NX opener has failed...that a Dyno Tune opener has failed...that a NOS opener has failed. I think people are trying to help out here. We tend to like and brag about what we own.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Steve

For those who have NX openers, instead of taking it off when you need to fill the bottle just get another end for the wire connector, a length of wire and you can open & close it from any 12v battery.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NX remote openers whats the difference?????