Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New TNT sticker?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 10:13 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes I understand that you are saying they both had a 100 shot.However TNTs 100 shot uses more Nitrous and fuel(Orfice Size) Thats why the jetting is not as dead on as NXs.You can also not compare these two systems with out them being on the exact same car and using the exact same jetting(orfice sizes).
Dave
Old 10-13-2005, 06:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mike c.
JDM99Z-your going to buy a nx kit just because t.n.t will not send you a sticker?? ****,i've seen how much power my buds nx kit put down on the dyno next to my t.n.t kit (same day,same dyno)i'm glad i got the t.n.t kit.
No I'm not buying a NX kit because I didnt get a sticker. I'm planning on getting a direct port kit. Worded that wrong sorry.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

DAVE-he sprayed a 100 shot and so did i. i made some more power and a lot more tq. i have no idea on jet size vs jet size,just my 100 shot put his to shame.

pull his jets and put them in your car or put yours in his. You will see it isn't a difference in the systems just the jetting.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Yes I understand that you are saying they both had a 100 shot.However TNTs 100 shot uses more Nitrous and fuel(Orfice Size) Thats why the jetting is not as dead on as NXs.You can also not compare these two systems with out them being on the exact same car and using the exact same jetting(orfice sizes).
Dave

I disagree.. From some of the earlier threads I wouldent claim your numbers to be "dead on" there Dave.. Also think about it, you claim to have this "High flow" sol, and a "High flow" 45deg bottle valve and use "High flow" Y fittings instead of our "restrictive" T fittings with your jetting set @1050psi.. Yet you argue that we use way more nitrous @900psi with a 90deg bottle valve and use "restrictive" T fittings.. So all of this power comes from an .002 jet size difference on the nitrous?? Am I hearing this correctly??

Last edited by David@TNT; 10-13-2005 at 10:58 AM.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Different cars = diff results. We all know the exact same set up on 2 diff ls1's can make completely different numbers.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Zymosis
Different cars = diff results. We all know the exact same set up on 2 diff ls1's can make completely different numbers.
I definately agree with that but in the "Nitrous Special" thread below, this statment was made by Nitro Daves Nitrous Outlet "They will both hit exactly the same.They will also make exactly the same power with the same jetting in place.".. The fact is they will not make the same power with the same jetting period.. Even Ricky will agree with me that the nozzle design has a large role in the nitrous/fuel delivery which determines the ultimate hp/tq numbers.. So with 2 diff designs, they will not make the exact same power even with exactly same jetting..

Last edited by David@TNT; 10-13-2005 at 10:58 AM.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:10 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes I agree!!!!! We Disagree!!!!!

I just want to say one thing.

Your 150 shot jetting for a F1 is 46 Nitrous 25 fuel.. NXs jetting for there dual nozzle kits is 41 Nitrous 22 fuel.

Enough said..
Not worth my time.
Dave
Old 10-13-2005, 11:54 AM
TECH Veteran

if this is going to be discussion on kit differences...lets keep it factual and above the belt

I personally dont pay much attn to manufacturers ratings as long as I am close. I like to slap it on the dyno...make sure i am close...then make changes get the ACTUAL HP and Af right where I want it. I then label each set of jets and put them in my little tackle box that is marked on the outside.

The engine doesnt really care or know if the nitrous kit manufacturer is making any extra hp from XX jets. It just uses what inputted to the engine to output power at the wheels.

I used to use the most OVER RATED kit on the market in the NOS 5177 kit. Everyone seems to make about 70 hp on thier "100 shot". Does that mean I was loosing power but the engine was taking the abuse of a 100 shot??? Of course not. I just increased the jet sizes until I reached the desired HP level and then marked those jets for what they really where. And I sprayed dual stages through that slightly modded NOS 5177 kit all the way up to a 300 shot (actual RWHP).

All of these kits will make all the power you will EVER need with minimal changes! Every single last one of them! So IMO basing your purchase on whos labeled 100 shot makes the most power is not the best way to do it. After all..if you are making a 125 hp at the tires on a specific shot...your spraying a 125 shot plain and simple as far as the motor is concerned.
I personally feel the purchase should be based on quality, customer service after purchase, upgradability, value...in that order.

We have many good kits out there to choose from.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 383LQ4SS
if this is going to be discussion on kit differences...lets keep it factual and above the belt

I personally dont pay much attn to manufacturers ratings as long as I am close. I like to slap it on the dyno...make sure i am close...then make changes get the ACTUAL HP and Af right where I want it. I then label each set of jets and put them in my little tackle box that is marked on the outside.

The engine doesnt really care or know if the nitrous kit manufacturer is making any extra hp from XX jets. It just uses what inputted to the engine to output power at the wheels.

I used to use the most OVER RATED kit on the market in the NOS 5177 kit. Everyone seems to make about 70 hp on thier "100 shot". Does that mean I was loosing power but the engine was taking the abuse of a 100 shot??? Of course not. I just increased the jet sizes until I reached the desired HP level and then marked those jets for what they really where. And I sprayed dual stages through that slightly modded NOS 5177 kit all the way up to a 300 shot (actual RWHP).

All of these kits will make all the power you will EVER need with minimal changes! Every single last one of them! So IMO basing your purchase on whos labeled 100 shot makes the most power is not the best way to do it. After all..if you are making a 125 hp at the tires on a specific shot...your spraying a 125 shot plain and simple as far as the motor is concerned.
I personally feel the purchase should be based on quality, customer service after purchase, upgradability, value...in that order.

We have many good kits out there to choose from.

Good points made here! Now put the powerglide in the car, jet up the nitrous and put that car WELL into the 8's already!
Old 10-13-2005, 03:32 PM
TECH Veteran

lol...I know Mike I know....you guys are going to kill me...but I am installing a new SPEC stage 5 right this second. I am giving it one more try first.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:13 PM
On The Tree

DAVE-he sprayed a 100 shot and so did i. i made some more power and a lot more tq. i have no idea on jet size vs jet size,just my 100 shot put his to shame.
do you realize how funny that statement sounds?

if i jet for 100hp i want to see 100hp. i like the NX jetting. why call it a 100 shot when its actually a 125-150? personally i'd be pissed off if i paid the $$ for a TNT kit and the jets arent even close to being accurate.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well sparky my buds 100 nx only got him 76hp and my t.n.t got me just over 100 on a stang dyno and i got way more tq too.i was at 950psi and he was at 1000-1,050 your statement sounds pretty funny. i paid for a 100 shot and just got over it, my bud paid for a 100 shot and did'nt get close,point made.you talk jet size,who cares,i paid for hp and that is what i want. i love your statement a 100 shot is 125 or 150 I WISH IT WAS A 150,hell that would make a 150 a 300 shot right?