Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Propane information

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 04:51 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert56@NitrousDirect
I will look again tonight, I have my notes stashed somewhere. if ya don't see it soon, give me a reminder.
Robert
Heres a reminder
Old 02-13-2007, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A pressurised fuel tank of any kind is a no no in nhra.I was a tech inspector at one time.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jakesz28
Heres a reminder
I haven't forgot.
Robert
Old 05-11-2007, 12:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Looking forward to the jet chart when it's posted.

Thanks Robert!
Old 05-12-2007, 05:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

I did/have forgotten. I'll look for it.
Robert
Old 05-12-2007, 08:13 PM
Staging Lane

Guys There Is No Given Chart For Running This Set Up. You Will Need To Be On A Dyno Or Make Sure That You Have A Wide Band On Board And Monitor Your A/f. Use The Standard H.p. Jetting Chart That Your System Came With. For Example, If You Want A 100 Shot You Will Run What Ever The 100 Shot Pill Is For Your Kit, If You Want A 75 Shot Then You Will Run What Ever The Jet Size That Your Kit Calls For. Then Make Sure That You Use The Same Size Jet On The Fuel Side That You Just Used On The Nitrous Side. This Will Not Be Your Jetting Set Up. You Will Be Riiiiiiiiiiich. Go Run The Car And See How Rich You Actually Are. Now You Will Need To Start Going Down On The Fuel Side Until You Get The Right A/f. Make Sure That The Pressure Is Always The Same In Both Bottles While Testing. I Usually Run The Propane Up To 180psi(no More Then That) And The N20@1000 And That's It. I dont recommend running more then 150 shot with this set up. And You Can Make Checks Payable To...........lol. I hope this help.

Last edited by 97C5VETTE; 05-12-2007 at 08:20 PM.
The following users liked this post:
B.G.GRUFF (04-28-2024)
Old 09-08-2007, 01:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 97C5VETTE
Guys There Is No Given Chart For Running This Set Up. You Will Need To Be On A Dyno Or Make Sure That You Have A Wide Band On Board And Monitor Your A/f. Use The Standard H.p. Jetting Chart That Your System Came With. For Example, If You Want A 100 Shot You Will Run What Ever The 100 Shot Pill Is For Your Kit, If You Want A 75 Shot Then You Will Run What Ever The Jet Size That Your Kit Calls For. Then Make Sure That You Use The Same Size Jet On The Fuel Side That You Just Used On The Nitrous Side. This Will Not Be Your Jetting Set Up. You Will Be Riiiiiiiiiiich. Go Run The Car And See How Rich You Actually Are. Now You Will Need To Start Going Down On The Fuel Side Until You Get The Right A/f. Make Sure That The Pressure Is Always The Same In Both Bottles While Testing. I Usually Run The Propane Up To 180psi(no More Then That) And The N20@1000 And That's It. I dont recommend running more then 150 shot with this set up. And You Can Make Checks Payable To...........lol. I hope this help.
There is a known working jet chart that will give the results claimed if ya follow my recs. meaning nos heater, 160 psi, upright bottle, jetting as perscribed. Now of course you can do the trial and error method that you have used. But then again you could use the trial and error method for a conventional n2o kit, but why when the basic jetting has been worked out. propane like a conventional kit will have some variations in a/f, but I assure you that the jetting table I will post again is a safe starting point. the biggest disadvantage of propane is the fact the zooming in a desired a/f is very difficult and prob the main reason is has never caught on to much (normally runs a little rich as it can vary and you don't want to go lean). A certain size propane jet can be used for a wide range of hp levels, and thus the reason it's hard to dial in an exact a/f, so staying rich is best.
Robert

Last edited by Robert56; 03-17-2008 at 07:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Propane information