Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Torn on next mod

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 12:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Torn on next mod

Well my mods have been put off for far too long now.. I am more than ready for my next one.. just torn between which to do first.. 150 shot of N2O.. or a converter.. I would have to upgrade the fuel pump for the N2O.. and I would have to add a cooler for the converter.. Dont get me wrong, I will end up with both before summer rolls back around.. I have no intentions of making a 1/4 mile monster as I have no track in a resonable distance.. we do have a 1/8 mile track about an hour away that I go to once in a blue moon.. 99% of my cars abuse happens on the street.. My intentions are to add LT's, ory, Nitto DR's, 3000ish converter, 150 shot, a "decent" size cam (unsure), and a couple suspension mods.. At that point I will just replace stuff as it breaks.. (tranny, rear).. I have read that N2O is good with a "tight" setup.. so if I get a converter is gonna be a tighter one I guess.. but which one should I look at getting first.. I know the majority of you all might say nitrous since you all probably have it, but just think about my goals and answer honestly.. both is going to cost around the same amount.. im just torn

Car: 98 T/A A4 2:73's

Mods: Lid, K&N, Magnaflow c/b, 160* stat, !cats!, !egr!, !air!, free mods including throttle stop, descreened maf, f.r.a.m., also a little tuning done, the guy said this is what he did..

I turned off your rear O2s, EGR, and AIR. Set the fans for 160 t-stat. Turned off Tq Management and firmed up the shifts. I also turned off COT (cat overtemp) since you are not running cats. I also leaned out your WOT fueling 2% which should be safe without knowing what the actual A/F ratio is with a wide band.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:51 PM
11 Second Club

3500 or bigger converter and 3.73 gears, then N2O. That's my recommendation.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:56 PM
On The Tree

I'd go straight to sprayin. I have 3.23's though but I have had a blast.