Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project 99 Ss

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 06:45 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here are a few new pics of a few mark up products.

Dave
Old 10-17-2005, 06:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice!
Old 10-17-2005, 06:59 PM
TECH Regular

lemme kno when u guys start selling the rear seat tunnel brace bottle mount......
Old 10-17-2005, 07:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NXJeremy
(although I have had to play dodge the hood a couple of times with other people's cars, haha)
Not to mention the bright yellow flash when the sun goes down - KAPOW
Old 10-17-2005, 07:25 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by greekss
lemme kno when u guys start selling the rear seat tunnel brace bottle mount......
+1 also ould it be made in any other fitnished/materials
Old 10-17-2005, 08:56 PM
10 Second Club

Okay - i've discected this thread...what the heck are Dave and Robert talking about. We have a nice high rise intake with the throttle body on top vs in the front. What is so interesting here aside from cool looks...get technical here... i'm in the sponge mode.

PS - hold the impertainent remarks...i'm trying to learn something.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:02 PM
9 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Yes we will be doing a set up for the LT1 also.Let me know if you are interested.
Dave
I can use a intake like that for our other shop car with lt4 heads.let me know
Old 10-17-2005, 09:07 PM
9 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

[QUOTE=Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet]Here are a few new pics of a few mark up products.

[URL=http://imageshack.us]

I need a dual bottle bracket for my T/A. I'll call you tomorrow, also I'll send my t/body tomorrow so you can fab me the micro switch bracket.

Last edited by ls1CANTU; 10-17-2005 at 09:24 PM.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Nice stuff Dave.
Robert
Old 10-17-2005, 09:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Macon
Okay - i've discected this thread...what the heck are Dave and Robert talking about. We have a nice high rise intake with the throttle body on top vs in the front. What is so interesting here aside from cool looks...get technical here... i'm in the sponge mode.

PS - hold the impertainent remarks...i'm trying to learn something.
Ok, maybe I can bore some wet users to death.

Plenum 1. Space considered as fully occupied by matter: opposed to vacuum. 2. An enclosed body of gas under greater pressure than the pressure outside. From "The Reader's Digest Great Encyclopedic Dictionary".

This is the area right underneath the carburator on Dave's manifold. The mix, a/f, is distributated to each clyinder through it's respective runner. On this design the plenum is above the runners. No puddling problems, and distribution is much better compared to the lsx platform, because of a more central distribution location (lsx comes in front).

Because of hoodlines, GM engineers had to design a manifold to fit under low hoods. This resulted in a plenum underneath the runners, and the runners are overly long. Air goes down, up and over, you can picture the air flow like the catch can on your compressor. It was also designed to flow air only and not a mix of air/fuel. Because of this design, puddling can take place. Gm has put out bullitens on h2o puddling, fuel can/does the same. Now when having a nitrous back fire on the lsx manifold it really has no where to go easly and trys to find the path of least resistance, thus the plastic manifold exploding. If puddling has occurred this is fuel for the fire/explosion as liquid gas will not burn untill it becomes vapor. Actually this manifold works very well for what they were desined for, dry intake.

I am sure I missed some points but this is the jist of it. I think Dave is on the right track with this set-up.
Robert
Old 10-17-2005, 11:16 PM
FormerVendor

Ok of course Robert and I have two different theorys of fuel puddling. I feel that with the currect tune up and a good nozzle desighn fuel puddling is BS.And also no Intake was ever desighned to flow fuel.Thats why they are always test flowed with air. But that does not mean they can not flow fuel. However Im not looking to get into one of those never ending arguements. For you guys that want to know more on this discussion just do a search there are plenty good discussions on it.LOL Now Robert and I do aggree on this being a great way to set up a intake and nitrous.
Dave
Old 10-17-2005, 11:29 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Yeah well Im alittle slow sometimes.LOL
Dave
Obviously not when it comes to selling MAF Kits from Project Carz knowing a bruddah in Hawaii would like one
Old 10-17-2005, 11:35 PM
Restricted User

Dave, I like the switch panel inside the coin holder of the center console, matter-o-**** I am working on mine now, just using smaller switches, with status L.E.D.s.. Only issue is I wanted to mount my LM-1 in the center console, where I had previously, so might have to go back to deleting the center two vents and running the switches there. Nice bottle bracket also.
Now, get the new noids on there and snap some pics, although it looks good now, it will look way better later.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:49 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by CAT3
Dave, I like the switch panel inside the coin holder of the center console, matter-o-**** I am working on mine now, just using smaller switches, with status L.E.D.s.. Only issue is I wanted to mount my LM-1 in the center console, where I had previously, so might have to go back to deleting the center two vents and running the switches there. Nice bottle bracket also.
Now, get the new noids on there and snap some pics, although it looks good now, it will look way better later.
So who said this intake set up would have the new solenoids for everyone to see at the upcomming race
Dave
Old 10-18-2005, 07:31 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robert56
Ok, maybe I can bore some wet users to death.

Plenum 1. Space considered as fully occupied by matter: opposed to vacuum. 2. An enclosed body of gas under greater pressure than the pressure outside. From "The Reader's Digest Great Encyclopedic Dictionary".

This is the area right underneath the carburator on Dave's manifold. The mix, a/f, is distributated to each clyinder through it's respective runner. On this design the plenum is above the runners. No puddling problems, and distribution is much better compared to the lsx platform, because of a more central distribution location (lsx comes in front).

Because of hoodlines, GM engineers had to design a manifold to fit under low hoods. This resulted in a plenum underneath the runners, and the runners are overly long. Air goes down, up and over, you can picture the air flow like the catch can on your compressor. It was also designed to flow air only and not a mix of air/fuel. Because of this design, puddling can take place. Gm has put out bullitens on h2o puddling, fuel can/does the same. Now when having a nitrous back fire on the lsx manifold it really has no where to go easly and trys to find the path of least resistance, thus the plastic manifold exploding. If puddling has occurred this is fuel for the fire/explosion as liquid gas will not burn untill it becomes vapor. Actually this manifold works very well for what they were desined for, dry intake.

I am sure I missed some points but this is the jist of it. I think Dave is on the right track with this set-up.
Robert
Ok of course Robert and I have two different theorys of fuel puddling. I feel that with the currect tune up and a good nozzle desighn fuel puddling is BS.And also no Intake was ever desighned to flow fuel.Thats why they are always test flowed with air. But that does not mean they can not flow fuel. However Im not looking to get into one of those never ending arguements. For you guys that want to know more on this discussion just do a search there are plenty good discussions on it.LOL Now Robert and I do aggree on this being a great way to set up a intake and nitrous.
Dave
Thanks - so i'll search on puddling for what it's worth to me. Definately looks like a good intake if puddling is your fear...it just looks like and efficient design in general where the length of time for a/f to reach the individual cyls is more precise...less around elbow to get to *** going on...I appreciate the inputs - no major discussion is needed on my account!!!
Old 10-18-2005, 11:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Ok, let's say that puddling in a myth, even though GM admits this and the largest Nitrous company in the world say's it happens (on lsx manifolds).
This is what can happen without puddling on a wet hit (won't happen on dry period)?

A lot of speculation on what caused this, however, the fact remains it does/can happen. Whether it was, user error or product failure?

Nitrous Gone Bad
Robert
Old 10-18-2005, 12:13 PM
FormerVendor

OK Robert. That video is not a case of fuel puddling.Its the case of a guy not using a window switch.You pay the price when you do not do it right.
Dave
Old 10-18-2005, 12:37 PM
FormerVendor

I love this topic (fuel puddling)!!!! haha, not really.

Robert- For the sake of argument let's say that puddling "can" occur in the LSx style manifold, and that it "can" cause backfires (I don't follow this line of thinking but that's not the point). I am curious what your thoughts are on the cause of nitrous backfires on carb style intakes such as the one on Dave's car if puddling is not an issue in that style of intake? Again, I am not trying to beat the dead horse but I do think that Robert has a lot of knowledge and experience with nitrous systems and I just wondering what his thoughts are on this question.

Dave- The parts look great, keep them coming. And it looks like I'll be going to San Antonio, wanting to ride the bike down but that'll depend on the weather.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

First I challenge anyone to find where I have ever said that puddling causes backfires (ignition source at wrong time causes backfires). There are many things that can cause a nitrous backfire, timing, cam overlap, hot spot etc. The point I am trying to make is manifold explosions happen on lsx type manifolds and not on conventional manifolds. My belief is that the additional fuel from puddling adds to an allready less than ideal condition for back fires ie: plastic manifold, no readly escape for backfire (that's why after market plastic lsx manifolds have burst panels). I am not trying to prove anyone right or wrong, just a general discussion for those who maybe have not been part of round one. I do not have a problem with wet kits and they are safer than ever.

I am glad that we will soon have an alternative to the lsx style manifold. How would a dual plane manifold work for this? Maybe not as good as an single plane type considering higher RPM use? I ask because generally they have a lower profile.

NX Jeremy, I took my bike out for a long cruise yesterday, man was that a blast. I get more people yelling cool and thumbs up on my bike compared to the vette? When are you going to get your pics post on the n2o install?

Robert
Old 10-18-2005, 01:30 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robert56
I do not have a problem with wet kits and they are safer than ever.
Are you sure you don't? LOL. The "they are safer than ever" is referring to nozzel designs? Because how else are they different? The manifolds ie, LS6 and FAST are essentially the same, and that's not part of the wet system per se. Other than the nozzels they are what they've always been...or not?