Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Refilling Bottle with a NX Remote Opener HOW?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 01:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Refilling Bottle with a NX Remote Opener HOW?

Eventually I will need to refill my bottle. Have the newer NX Black remote opener and I DIDN"T install it on so I have no idea how it is attached or how you are supposed to remove it, If you NEED TO Remove it, and how easy it is to do both?

Do I 100% need to take off the remote opener to refill the bottle? It seems the remote opener is really close to that big silver nut on 45 degree stem on the bottle, so it looks liek you might need to remove it to get that nut off, which is where I assume they attach the fillign station hose to your bottle?

I read somewhere in LS1 Tech search on this topic that the bottle has to be Open to put on the Remote Opener, so how do you do that without the nitrous comming out?

In this post from 2003 They said there was a "CAP" that comes with the bottle that plugged into the hole of the bottle's so you can open it without the Nitrou sescaping while you hook everything back up.

I don't think the place saved this cap for me???

I am sure it is easy, but again since I had it installed I didn't have the chance to mess with it myself so I have no idea.

Thanks
Old 10-21-2005, 02:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I read the instructions, looks liek I do remove the bottle opener. I just hope it goes back on and it doesn't mess anythin gup taking it on and off all the time. It is working so good now.

I don't think I have that cap so I might have to call Dave
Old 10-21-2005, 05:40 AM
11 Second Club

Yeah, taking it off and on is a real pain in the *** especially since you have to get it just right to work properly again. I've made up new words cussing at it, so I know.

The only other thing you could do (which isn't very practical), is haul around a 12v battery to open and close it where you get it filled.

What cap do you mean? All you really need is the handle to slip over the stem. You don't even need to bolt it down. Fact is, you really don't even need the handle. You could just put a wrench on the stem if you needed to.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks Trooper. The CAp I was talkign about was like a plastic cap that I THOUGHT you had to put in an opening on the bottle when you filled it so gas wouldn't escape.. This is incorrect.

So it sounds like a pain in the ***, which is what I was afraid of. Why is it so hard to get the Opener Back on??????

It works like a champ currently. Oh well. I will have to look at it as I still can't picture in my mind exactly what I need to remove to get The Bottle Filled.

Do I want MY bottle opened or closed before I remove the NX opener. I read the Lavle/**** for the bottle needs to be OPENED when you put BACK ON the remote Bottle opener. That si why I said is there a cap that keeps the nitrous from escaping when you open the bottle up to put on the Opner.

What are the exact steps in order to remove the opener for a refill

And to Put it back on?

What makes it so hard to put back on??
Old 10-21-2005, 10:57 AM
FormerVendor

A very simple fix to this situation is the portable battery solution. All it takes is a cordless drill battery, two wires, and a couple of crimp-on connectors. The battery is pretty small and will supply the 12v that is needed to operate the opener. Once the bottle is open and you're done filling it you just reverse the contact points of the wires and will run the opener in the opposite direction (closes the bottle). This is what we use when people come in to get bottles filled with the opener still attached.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

How feasable would it be to source a simple ball valve you can put on the -4AN outlet of the bottle? It would make that really easy and end the fumbling around with battery, wires, and switch. Some refill places won't fill my bottle with the remote opener on there.

Quick Reply: Refilling Bottle with a NX Remote Opener HOW?