Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Outlet LS1 Intake System..

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 04:46 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I am curious as to the n/a results on the setup.. as I have been considering a 90/90 setup, but would much rather go this route, as I know that when I eventually do build a big motor, this will work out better in the long run.

When someone gets this on their car ( preferrably a h/c 346 ) please post up the n/a dyno results, preferrably over a ls6 w/ ported tb. Thanks.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:04 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Yes you can use any 90mm throttle body.
Dave,

Do you know if this will work in a C5 with say a Nick Williams TB? Have you tried fitting one in a 'Vette yet? I'm not concerned about hood clearance as I have a high-domed hood.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Brandon
Few questions for you, thats should probably answer some other's questions (and mine).

Looks nice, but where do the nitrous and fuel lines run into the intake?

And one more for now, why use the rubber feed from the hardline to the AN fittings, why not use a Russel hardline to AN fitting?
The nitrous and fuel lines are setup directly under the aluminum upper intake, I'm sure dave will let everyone know more details on this.

I agree with your thought about just going straight from Hardline to AN, I think that would actually look and function better.

Those New NX solenoids Look SWEET!!!!
Old 11-03-2005, 10:12 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandon
Few questions for you, thats should probably answer some other's questions (and mine).

Looks nice, but where do the nitrous and fuel lines run into the intake?

What if I already have fuel rails, and mounts that came with them?

Can I use your mounts for the fuel rails, and use my fuel rails? Or are your fuel rails drilled in a different location, than those rails offered by other companies (Nate, Speed Inc, etc)?

Do you weld bungs to the intake for the fuel rail mounts, or how are those setup?

What nitrous solenoids are with the kit?
Can it be bought without the bung for the evap?

And one more for now, why use the rubber feed from the hardline to the AN fittings, why not use a Russel hardline to AN fitting?

Just trying to get a bunch of answers for those of us that have been waiting for this.
1.The Nitrous and Fuel lines will hook up to the installed spraybars in the inake.Basically you will have one line going to the back of the intake and one in the front.

2.If you already have fuel rails you can keep them and subtract a 100.00. They may not fit with out the brackets and spacers that come with ours. If the customer does not order this unit with the fuel rails they will have to make theres fit.

3.The intake already has a place to bolt down the fuel rail brackets.

4. This set up that is for sale is just the intake set up with spray bars plumbed in. The nitrous system will be a additional purchase.

I guess you are reffering to the fittings and braided hose that we are ubsing for the fuel feed from the stock line. We found this just to be more universal so that the customer does not have any fitment issues.If the customer would rather have hard line we can set them up with the needed parts to do so.

Thanks
Dave
Old 11-03-2005, 10:32 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Nice stuff Dave.. And those solenoids WOW. LOL Anyway the quetion of a hard line. The AN stuff really works well in this spot, the hard line stuff has a problem with coming loose, or just not sealing as easy... And you will never get a piece of tubing to bend that tight without a special high doller tool. Beside the an stuff just looks cool to me.. And those solenoids are just BAMMMMMMMMM.
But I am a little bias. lol
Ricky
Old 11-03-2005, 10:35 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Nate_Taufer
At 28" of vacuum the individual runners will each flow 380+ cfm on the GMPP. I would imagine the Edelbrock unit to out flow the GMPP.

This isn't really meant for a daily driven street car. With such short runners it will definitely move the power band up meaning less tq more top end screamer.

If you are running big cubes (400+) or really high rpm (7500+) or solid roller setup this would work awesome. Otherwise the gains N/A wouldn't really be worth it on a street driven 346.

It is a nice unit though for its intended usage.
Nate

NATE said it best right here.
This intake is not for the average Joe. This is for the guys making serious HP with a higher Reving motor. The NA/ and Nitrous gains will be determained by the combonation of the motor it is sitting on.
If you call Edelbrock they do not have flow numbers on there intakes. So I do not have flow numbers on this intake. However Common sense tells me that this is a higher flowing intake and will be perfect for Mid to high range RPMs.

We will see this weekend how this intake performs on a stock cubed LS1 with a TREX cam and home ported set of LS6 heads with stock valves.WE will be on the dyno hopefully saturday.
Dave
Old 11-03-2005, 10:38 AM
FormerVendor

[QUOTE=strokedls1]I would like to see more pics of the fuel and nitrous system, and what specifically is included with the nitrous side. Are you just selling the intake with spray bars, or are we talking a complete kit minus accessories like heater, blowdown and what not. Do you have any flow data on the intake?[/QUOT

This set up is the intake with spray bars,fuel rails,brackets,spacers,hoses,fittings,elbow,and throttle body. The nitrous system will be a addintional purchase.
Thanks
Dave
Old 11-03-2005, 10:43 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice!
Old 11-03-2005, 10:48 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by XTrooper
Dave,

Do you know if this will work in a C5 with say a Nick Williams TB? Have you tried fitting one in a 'Vette yet? I'm not concerned about hood clearance as I have a high-domed hood.
Steve. I do not see any reason why it would not since hood clearence would deffintly not be a issue.
Dave
Old 11-03-2005, 11:10 AM
Restricted User

Very nice piece...I want one just to sleep with at night.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

VERY nice Dave... not sure if it's right for me yet, but it'll be in mind for sure.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:59 AM
FormerVendor

Looks very good Dave, especially those solenoids, haha. I'm ready to see some performance numbers already! So quit getting answering the phones and watching the boards and go finish up the car! JFWY, gotta pay the bills right.

I am very interested in seeing how it performes on a 346 cube motor. It would be nice to see it also tested on a larger motor like a 408 or bigger.

Again, very nice product Dave.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:30 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice Dave!
Old 11-03-2005, 01:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks for the info Dave. Much appreciated, helps me out.

As far as the hardline to an fitting, I ment to word it where there would be a braided line thrown in the mix. Example... http://tinypic.com/el4fmg.jpg
Old 11-03-2005, 02:02 PM
FormerVendor

I have seen another pic like this but I have no idea whos car it is or what part they used.I need a better picture. I will try to find the one I have to share with you.
Dave
Old 11-03-2005, 02:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

That would be my car dave
Send me a pm.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:20 PM
FormerVendor

Ok pm sent.LOL
Dave
Old 11-03-2005, 02:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Back at ya.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:48 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Dave, what kind of $ is that setup going for, say with no plumbing in it, just the intake, the elbow and the TB?
Old 11-03-2005, 03:55 PM
FormerVendor

We do not offer the set up with out the spray bar.Its uintergrated in the build.
Dave

Quick Reply: Nitrous Outlet LS1 Intake System..