Dave
Old 11-16-2005, 09:45 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks guys
Old 11-16-2005, 09:55 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good Dave, I bet it feels good to finally be back in the seat again.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:34 PM
10 Second Club

any more results with this intake?

EDIT: sorry, read back and saw Dave does not have further testing plans... maybe someone who has bought it can chime in

Last edited by 383ss; 12-02-2005 at 01:47 PM.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:22 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Ok Guys Here it is..
We started with this.
Then we took the intake and plumbed spray bars into it.We set it up so that the aftermarket fuel rails were bolted down with all the connections and hoses to hook directly to your stock fuel line.Then we added NXs New 90MM throttle body. This unit Simply bolts down NO machining, NO chasing parts,No cutting up your car,Everthing you have will simply just hook up.

HERE are some pics of the finished unit. I still need to hook up a few lines in these pictures. As soon as I figure out how to use this new camera I will post more pics.

These units are all custom Built when ordered.Here are the only options we will offer..

Complete-1,895.50
W/O throttle body-1520.50
You can buy the elbow alone for 375.00
You can have the unit custom Anodized any color for a 100.00

Thank you guys for all the patience and interest you have put forward to this build so far.

We are now selling these units.
Dave
I've got probably a dumb question... I would be getting the kit without the TB for 1520, i've already got a TPIS 90. the elbow alone is only $375. what does the other $1165 get me? I'm trying to figure the price difference of this vs a 90* type elbow that would require a cowl hood.

also what are the pics above of?
what is the width and heigth at the back of the elbow? I would just like to know the cross sectional area.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Anyone try this on a big cube motor yet?
Old 12-23-2005, 01:38 AM
FormerVendor

Hey guys... New info...
Edelbrock is finnaly releasing the intake with rails.This will change our pricing on the intake a good bit.You will see the price droping on it.
Thanks
Dave
Old 12-23-2005, 10:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
We do not have any plans of further testing...

The intake is for one purpose. To give the guys that are going to these setups a easy way to do it with out hacking up there car and investing many hours in product ftment and gathering.
Dave
Hey Dave, just curious cuz I still haven't even gotten a 90/90 setup yet, would you recommend this intake setup for my car:

374 cubes
246/257 .632/.645 112+4 Futral hydraulic cam
TEA stg 2.5 5.3 liter heads (flow 316+)
300+ dual stage nitrous setup

Also, what exactly are spray bars, how does it work? When I have the money I was gonna upgrade from my stock ls6 with stock ported throttle body to a fast 90 and nw 90 tb with a direct port and leave my tnt wet kit so I could dual stage it, but if this would be a better choice and those spray bars are comparable too a direct port and could be dual staged, i'd jump all over this when the time comes to upgrade!
Old 12-25-2005, 10:27 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i don't know about that set up. you are adding weight and major heat soak issues. i see no difference in that next the regular aluminum intakes from holley and others that have been ported to hell and still lost major power with heat soak and gained little if any cold
Old 12-26-2005, 09:11 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BLUEBALLS ZZ
i don't know about that set up. you are adding weight and major heat soak issues. i see no difference in that next the regular aluminum intakes from holley and others that have been ported to hell and still lost major power with heat soak and gained little if any cold
are you kidding?

this intake flows aroun 380, the LSX90 flows around 280. weight is a few pounds this is no comparison between this and a holley
Old 12-26-2005, 04:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 383ss
are you kidding?

this intake flows aroun 380, the LSX90 flows around 280. weight is a few pounds this is no comparison between this and a holley
a few pounds hope your mommy got you a helmet for christmas because you must bump your head a lot good thing i have no idea what i am talking about.. cause if i did, it would suck for ya huh

Last edited by BLUEBALLS ZZ; 12-26-2005 at 04:35 PM.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:52 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

a few pounds hope your mommy got you a helmet for christmas because you must bump your head a lot good thing i have no idea what i am talking about.. cause if i did, it would suck for ya huh

well how much more do u think the carb style weighs?
Old 12-27-2005, 08:45 AM
10 Second Club

ya, it is a good thing you have no idea what you are talking about aluminum is really heavy isn't it

so an intake that flows 380cfm is going to be outperformed by one that flows 280? cause of the weight and heatsoak??

if you think this and a holley are the same thing you have no clue
Old 12-27-2005, 09:03 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

I think Daves intake performed very well and the whole heat soak does not come into play at WIDE open Throttle. Not enough time for the air to get hot... I have not weighed this aluminim intake but I promise its liter than the old carb intakes of old. The thing is nothing but runners and plenium.... Again not sure the weight difference, but Daves numbers show a pretty good pull...
Ricky
Old 12-27-2005, 05:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 383ss
ya, it is a good thing you have no idea what you are talking about aluminum is really heavy isn't it

so an intake that flows 380cfm is going to be outperformed by one that flows 280? cause of the weight and heatsoak??

if you think this and a holley are the same thing you have no clue
put it on your pig and show me different i always wanted to buy something that has no base line to go from not trying to dump on nitrous Dave's ideal., but you have a 90 degree turn and are collecting heat before you make that 90 degree turn into the intake itself off the outside of the intake. i would rather see a compassion on a hot engine dyno 90/90 and then a hot engine with a carb dyno with that intake. you add a good 10 to 15 lbs on the front also. face it. aluminum is old school ****. they are now making composite intakes!!! hello. news flash. and believe it or not. MSD is making them. shocker there.? they are moving into intakes and redesigning intake components. . so, i still don't know what i am talking about huh.. right... so. since the intake 90/90 only flows 280. who ported yours?

Last edited by BLUEBALLS ZZ; 12-27-2005 at 05:43 PM.
Old 12-27-2005, 07:09 PM
Banned

so. since the intake 90/90 only flows 280. who ported yours?
That's per runner man. And there is no way a max effort street/strip motor is going to be the same between this manifold and a FAST. try spinning that 402 to 7400 with a fast intake and see if it can out power this manifold . Go back to bench racing.

Nate
Old 12-27-2005, 10:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Nate_Taufer
That's per runner man. And there is no way a max effort street/strip motor is going to be the same between this manifold and a FAST. try spinning that 402 to 7400 with a fast intake and see if it can out power this manifold . Go back to bench racing.

Nate
i know thats per runner MAN. surprise you know what it is. do you know what velocity means in a runner? so you are telling me that you can't port a fast 90 more then that? please answer that and how is this bench racing. explain it to me. funny thing is. high rise manifolds are for high rpm because of thier high volume and long runners. and that is old school i want before and after results and that bench racing? OMG hey got this thing called the tornado. it will give you 10 percent more power and use 10 percent less gas. give me a 1,000 and i will let you have it
Old 12-27-2005, 10:29 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
Hey Dave, just curious cuz I still haven't even gotten a 90/90 setup yet, would you recommend this intake setup for my car:

374 cubes
246/257 .632/.645 112+4 Futral hydraulic cam
TEA stg 2.5 5.3 liter heads (flow 316+)
300+ dual stage nitrous setup

Also, what exactly are spray bars, how does it work? When I have the money I was gonna upgrade from my stock ls6 with stock ported throttle body to a fast 90 and nw 90 tb with a direct port and leave my tnt wet kit so I could dual stage it, but if this would be a better choice and those spray bars are comparable too a direct port and could be dual staged, i'd jump all over this when the time comes to upgrade!
Im not real sure where you will fall in here. What kind of RPMs are you thinking this motor is going to twist.If you are not going to be twisting around 7400 the Fast may be a better set. This unit will be great for a big stroker with really good flowing heads twisting the higher RPMs.

THe spray bars are something we install. This basically a plate system with out the plate.The spray bars are just plumbed ionto the intake.This saves hood and cowl clearence issues.
Thanks
Dave
Old 12-27-2005, 10:37 PM
FormerVendor

Blueballs ZZ.

This set up is not intended for your normal everyday street car. Heat soak is not a problem.The air travels through the intake plenum to fast. As stated many times through out this intire post.This intake will flow more at Higher RPMs.This set up is for a stroker motor that is turning high RPMs with really good high flowing equipment. Our elbow does not do a Direct 90 degree turn.It is curved to flow correctly.
We built this set up because many of our customers were having issues trying to go to this set up.They were having to machine parts,trim hoods,trim cowls and hours of searching for parts.We simply built this set up with those guys in mind... Just to make it easeir for them.We do not imply that our setup is any better than the one you can build yourself with countless number of hours of seraching for parts and machining them to fit correctly. We have no intentions of spending any more time or money up in testing this product. It is simply here for the guys that need it.
Thanks
Dave
Old 12-27-2005, 11:00 PM
10 Second Club

put it on your pig and show me different i always wanted to buy something that has no base line to go from not trying to dump on nitrous Dave's ideal., but you have a 90 degree turn and are collecting heat before you make that 90 degree turn into the intake itself off the outside of the intake. i would rather see a compassion on a hot engine dyno 90/90 and then a hot engine with a carb dyno with that intake. you add a good 10 to 15 lbs on the front also. face it. aluminum is old school ****. they are now making composite intakes!!! hello. news flash. and believe it or not. MSD is making them. shocker there.? they are moving into intakes and redesigning intake components. . so, i still don't know what i am talking about huh.. right... so. since the intake 90/90 only flows 280. who ported yours?

show me a single plane EFI carb style composite intake.

waiting....

do you know how much HP it would take to offset a 10lb increase in weight? about ONE

and what the hell are you talking about with no baseline?? anyone can do a back to back comparision with a single plane intake vs a fast 90/90. and yes a fast 90 becomes very restrictive around 280cfm. you can't 'port' it much at all either. you may get 5-10cfm more out of it.

and no, you obvioulsy don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Quick Reply: Nitrous Outlet LS1 Intake System..