Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

N20 Noid stuck open on me at the track today :(

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 01:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SSDriver, I hope you got something out of this. I think rebuilding your current noid is an ok solution. Noids should be taken apart anually and checked/cleaned/rebuilt for safety, and this is for all brands. Now, changing over to the new style NX noids is certainly an option, I have been thinking about it because they are very trick and I like my stuff on display.

Nx Jeremy, you better not be stealing my beers.

terry s, well put and I can't disagree with your input.

Dave, yes NX is quality one and very innovative. My opinion though is like the corvette vs F-body concerning part pricing. Vettes have the vette tax and the same part is allways more when it's going to the vette. NX commands a certain price, just by the fact it's NX. Some just can't swing the cost, so other options are out there. Yes, your opinions are based on real world knowledge/experiance and that is why we all listen, however, sometimes there is a slightly different view from others. This is why I sometimes go over the same thing again and again, if we look at the post counts we'll see many new guys over the last weeks/months. Guys are being sent to this site from others to get the real nitrous advice, because we are the premier tech site and will take the time to give real info.

Now on more thing on the Powershot noids, I currently posse 6 of them. I have never had a problem, however, every spring I pull them apart and clean them up if needed. I believe there are two things that contribute to the idea that the Powershot noids are less than. One, this kit has been around awhile and often users have a second hand kit (I have bought 2 this way) and thus probably never serviced. Two, contanmnate based issues, like NX, NOS supplys a small screened fitting that is less than ideal for filtering, upgradeing to a inline filter should be done on all kits. Powershots are a low amp draw noid, so contaminates can be an issue compared to the harder hitting higher amp noids.

We all have made a calculated risk in chosing n2o, so we can minimize problems by using safety items and quality products, and setting the system up correctly.
Robert

Last edited by Robert56; 11-21-2005 at 01:12 PM.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:22 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Robert I have also noticed that the site keeps growing. I send customers to teh site all the time also. The reason why is guys like you and many others that are more than willing to help a guy out when they need it most.
Dave
Old 11-21-2005, 01:23 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well put Robert. If you want that beer you better hurry, haha. Hell, I'll buy the drinks if I can ever find the time to get away for a while, lol.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:24 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
I can tell you PERSONALLY that the failure rate of NXs solenoids are NOTHING compared to NOSs.
Out of curiousity, is that figured based on how many NOS solenoids fail per year compared to NX, or a ratio of failed solenoids per manufacturer sold every year?
Old 11-21-2005, 05:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

wow thanks guys for all of the input. I called and left a message for Dave today to buy some rebuilding kit's and possibly upgrade my system as well. I definitly need an inline filter(wish I had one). I'm thinking of replacing my poly lines with hard lines(if possible) and try and see if I can get a set of the NX N20/fuel rail combo that dave has used on some of his custom intakes(very slick).
Old 11-21-2005, 09:49 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Dave, I'm one of those guys that get on the board. I was a member of this board before I had any authority of the NOS brand. I'm just a camaro enthusiast just like about everyone else on this board. Obviously NOS is not a sponsor on this board so I keep most all of my comments on a personal level and not a business level. I do try to offer customer advise and or support without being partial to the brand. i assume this is acceptable. This keeps the moderators happy I hope. I have great respect for you and the support you give on this board. I sure don't have time enough to do it. But I'm also not selling to the end consumer as NOS doesn't sell direct. We do have several vendors on this board but they have many other brands to push as well. At the end of the day we're just people trying to make a living at something we enjoy. I'd buy you a beer as well. Gonna be at PRI?

Robert56, We appreciate the support and the kind words. No company is perfect in their business or in their product. We work everyday to make changes in our businesses that will benefit the end consumer like yourself. I agree with the powershot solenoids being durable. Nitrous filters and periodically checking and replacing worn parts will prevent issues such as this one. I would say that 90% of solenoid failures are dirt or debri related.

SSdriver, I can merely speculate about the root cause of the failure as I don't have the parts in hand. I will say that this isn't the first time it as happened and other nitrous companies have had similar failures. If you want to send me the solenoids I will personally see that they get taken care of. Shoot me a PM and I'll send you my contact information. I don't think you can go wrong with the new NX solenoids either but this might get you buy till you can afford to purchase them.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:35 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

RED91Z,
Thank you for visiting us. You got to be a good guy because your car is hugger orange.LOL

I know there are alot of people that watch this site. Many major companys have employes that are enthusiast. Thats why they got in the buisness. I would love to sit down at PRI with you but this year as much as I wanted to I will not be making it. I had everyplan to but we have been short staffed and have not hit the slow spell we expected to.Of course Im not complaining.LOL

You will see me and Robert but heads but agree in many cases. Everyone has there opinion. I personally like debating with Robert because he is a stand up guy and can dish it back to me just as fast as I can dish it out.LOL

If there is anything I can ever do for you let me know.For some reason I already knew you were one of the NOS employes>LOL
Dave