Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to get 3/16" metal purge pipe? how do you bend it?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 10:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I did my purge with 3/16" brake line but stainless is better because it will not oxidize. Picture below.
Attached Thumbnails Where to get 3/16" metal purge pipe? how do you bend it?-install-1.jpg   Where to get 3/16" metal purge pipe? how do you bend it?-install-2.jpg  
Old 11-27-2005, 12:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks somuch for all of the cool umique repies. Terry thanks for that link I still can not vicualize what teh heat shrink lines look like, but i might cal lthem since it is so checp and get some.

Thanks again
Old 11-27-2005, 01:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2001 Red Coupe Bandit
Thanks somuch for all of the cool umique repies. Terry thanks for that link I still can not vicualize what teh heat shrink lines look like, but i might cal lthem since it is so checp and get some.

Thanks again
Heat shrink tubing is a thin round tube that comes in different sizes. It is mainly used to put over electrical wiring connections instead of electrical tape as an insulator. You take a piece just big enough to fit over what ever you are putting it on and when you heat it with a heat gun it shrinks and forms a tight fit over the thing you put it on. It shrinks pretty good but if you use a size that is too big it will not shrink down small enough to get tight.

It will serve no purpose on the purge line except to change the color. The tubing I am talking about is kind of a milky white color. I am going to use black where the line will show so it blends in and looks more factory. I thought red might be your choice.

Stop by any auto or hardware store if you want to see what it looks like. They will have a limited selection (usually black) and usually only in pieces about 4-6 inches long.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Terry I was confused. Now I get it. You would put that heat shrink over an existing line to change the color of it.

Mine is basically hiddens, so not as important to me, but a cool idea and my tip does show when it sticks out from the windshield base.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:03 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We keep the standard hard line in stock in longer lenths.
Dave

Quick Reply: Where to get 3/16" metal purge pipe? how do you bend it?