Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speedtek W1 Cam?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 05:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speedtek W1 Cam?

I posted this in the internal engine section but didn't get any reponse. I thought maybe it might be suitable for the nitrous section.

I am building a 200 shot direct port nitrous over the winter months and would like to install a cam that would work well with the nitrous but also be a good NA cam. I've read that this cam builds serious cylinder pressure on the juice but can't find any info on it running NA. The specs are 578i 589e lift 227i 234e @50 duration on a 116lsa. I like the fact that it's on a 116lsa as I don't want a cam that thumps and is real lopey. I would rather have a decent size cam that is idles relatively smooth has a wide powerband and can put me near 400rwhp with the mods in sig and stock heads. I believe this would be a great nitrous cam but was wondering how it would be as a daily driver in an M6 car.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That cam still has a lot of lope to it. I know a couple of people that had that cam and it still sounds big even with the 116 lsa. I'm not sure how the cam did NA since they both had spray though.