Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous vendor Jihad

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 03:06 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think part of the guidelines should be if someone comes in and asks a stupid question answered in the FAQ- Spam Away-
Especially where to mount bottles, whats the difference between wet and dry, what size shot can i run on a stock LS1...
You get the idea-
Old 12-06-2005, 03:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you could draw up some rules...for instance:

1).if someone inquires about a specific product..the first company/vender to acknowledge the thread should have 1st rights as far as possible sale and/or tech support. we wouldnt have this competition if another vender jumped in on the thread to try and lure away a possible sale for the original vender.

2). let cold fusion deal with cold fusion and NX deal with NX..(just using those 2 companies as a general example)...there should be no reason why a opposing vender jump in on another's thread unless you want to try and steal someones business or come up with theres own reason why their product is better and/or the other is junk.

im sure there can be more added...these are the 2 most common things i come across when i read through these threads and i hate it. to me, when i read this, steers me away from the company that does these things to try and drum up bussiness..not good for customer relations in my opinion.

this is just my 2 cents for i am merely a pion in this whole nitrous family...just stating basically what i hate seein and wish it would change. goodluck.!!

Last edited by TNTramair; 12-06-2005 at 04:06 PM.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:25 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Macon
Uncertain why...but it seems like it's all out war around here. Sometimes support is becoming secondary to sales.
This is great stuff - but what is it about Nitrous that makes us so damn passionate? Passionate to the point where we (apparently) want to kick *** over it. And you know what I mean...maybe it's time for some introspection? But even when someone rough's up my favorite vendor, I feel like coming to his rescue. Why? iT'S JUST NITROUS!!
Old 12-06-2005, 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i agree with TNTramair

if someone is expressing interest in a CFN kit or part, a CFN vendor or employee should respond to the question only (other than other board members) - all other vendors/companies should stay way the **** away unless the original poster expresses interest in a competitor's part and wants more info on the product...then the vendors/employees of that product can chime in on their product only and do not draw direct comparisons with the competition's product

i think that would be a good start
Old 12-06-2005, 05:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by iamsickofitall
i agree with TNTramair

if someone is expressing interest in a CFN kit or part, a CFN vendor or employee should respond to the question only (other than other board members) - all other vendors/companies should stay way the **** away unless the original poster expresses interest in a competitor's part and wants more info on the product...then the vendors/employees of that product can chime in on their product only and do not draw direct comparisons with the competition's product

i think that would be a good start

Cant really do that. What if the original poster doesnt want to buy the kit from the "first guy who responds". According to that logic the poster will be stuck with whatever the first guy that responds sells. The original poster is also looking for input from regular members as well. How would that be regulated? if the first guy to jump in was ND and a regular member chimed in and said he has had good luck with NX how would that fit in.

Say the original poster specifically asks for advice on a Cold Fusion product....if all the other vendors follow rule #1...then they will not be replying about a CF product since it is not thier own. That thread should remainn CF oriented.

Again...if its a general open question about kits....and every vendor replies and follows rule #1...they will still be safe.

Too much protocol there.

Keep it simple
If a poster asks about kits and everyone follows rule #1 and states what good qualities THIER kit has to offer....everything will be fine.

Last edited by 383LQ4SS; 12-06-2005 at 05:47 PM.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:06 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 383LQ4SS
Cant really do that. What if the original poster doesnt want to buy the kit from the "first guy who responds". According to that logic the poster will be stuck with whatever the first guy that responds sells. The original poster is also looking for input from regular members as well. How would that be regulated? if the first guy to jump in was ND and a regular member chimed in and said he has had good luck with NX how would that fit in.

Say the original poster specifically asks for advice on a Cold Fusion product....if all the other vendors follow rule #1...then they will not be replying about a CF product since it is not thier own. That thread should remainn CF oriented.

Again...if its a general open question about kits....and every vendor replies and follows rule #1...they will still be safe.

Too much protocol there.

Keep it simple
If a poster asks about kits and everyone follows rule #1 and states what good qualities THIER kit has to offer....everything will be fine.
generally what i was tryin to say is, if theres interest in a certain product than there should be no reason for an opposing vender to try and lure them to their own product with remarks such as: "this product has a better quality" "you get what you pay for" etc etc. it gets really old and i cant see how that helps the inquiring party. i hope some conclusion is made.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:02 AM
FormerVendor

I don't think there should be any rules imposed on the vendors. Making sales and customer service is what keeps these guys in business. They pay to be a vendor on here which gives them the right to push for sales and to take care of their customers and potential customers on here. When you start placing rules/guidelines on what they can say or how they go about getting sales, then you are messing with their livelihood. Not to mention that there is a thing called "free enterprise", which is what America's economy is based on.

With that being said, I do agree that people need to act like mature adults instead of bickering like children. However, when the vendors start acting the way some of them have lately I think they are shooting themselves in the foot when it comes to sales. For that reason I don't see the need for rules/guidelines for the vendors, they will hang themselves if they continue to act up.

Big Mike - We don't need to start comparing turbos now. I'm pretty sure Ricky has everyone covered with that 105mm monster hair dryer of his, haha.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:35 PM
Teching In

Nice Jeremy; I belive we should all take a college course on short posts. It's hard to focus on some of the short stories, when your having sex. Lets Roll
Old 12-08-2005, 02:34 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by NXJeremy
I don't think there should be any rules imposed on the vendors.
I get what your saying Jeremy...
but we are not imposing rules on the vendors. I wrote down some basic items and the vendors all agreed to the list that was sent out. They could "do thier own thing" if they really wanted to....or could have rejected it....still can.

But I believe its in everyones best interest to have a set of basic codes and courtesies to shoot for. If three out of the four vendors abides and is courteous....and the fourth is a backstabbing SOB....it wil be more apparent this way and much easier to deal with.

On the flip side...if 3 out of 4 do whatever they want.....and post in each others threads and put down each others product (much like politicians do in an election) then those vendors will spend a good portion of each day argueing and reading and replying to posts to defend thier own products. That would pretty much suck for all involved.

So if everyone stays on the path and follows the golden rule #1.....it will be easy for the two moderators to spot trouble posts and do thier job. If it was a free for all with no codes or rules....then it will be up to the vendors to refute and rebutt what they felt to be misinformation and bad selling practices and negative campaigning...again thats doesnt sound too appealing and takes up valuable time.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:12 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 383LQ4SS
I get what your saying Jeremy...
but we are not imposing rules on the vendors. I wrote down some basic items and the vendors all agreed to the list that was sent out. They could "do thier own thing" if they really wanted to....or could have rejected it....still can.

But I believe its in everyones best interest to have a set of basic codes and courtesies to shoot for. If three out of the four vendors abides and is courteous....and the fourth is a backstabbing SOB....it wil be more apparent this way and much easier to deal with.

On the flip side...if 3 out of 4 do whatever they want.....and post in each others threads and put down each others product (much like politicians do in an election) then those vendors will spend a good portion of each day argueing and reading and replying to posts to defend thier own products. That would pretty much suck for all involved.

So if everyone stays on the path and follows the golden rule #1.....it will be easy for the two moderators to spot trouble posts and do thier job. If it was a free for all with no codes or rules....then it will be up to the vendors to refute and rebutt what they felt to be misinformation and bad selling practices and negative campaigning...again thats doesnt sound too appealing and takes up valuable time.
well put!!! its common courtesy.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:47 PM
FormerVendor

383LQ4SS - I understand your point, and I agree with the thought process behind making the "guidelines" and sending them to the vendors. I think we are both trying to get to the same point, but taking different routes to get there. My point I was trying to get across earlier was that we are all adults and the vendors should conduct themselves in a professional/courtious manner. If they would invoke a bit of self control when it comes to going at it with other vendors, then there wouldn't be a problem for the most part. Plus, it would be easy to spot the vendors that are not going along with the whole self control thing and causing problems. They would basically hang themselves in regards to sales on here, consiquently weeding out the shady/negative/unprofessional vendors on here.

Like I said. I'm with ya'. We're just taking different routes to reach the same point.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Its all good
Old 12-10-2005, 09:05 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NXJeremy
With that being said, I do agree that people need to act like mature adults instead of bickering like children. However, when the vendors start acting the way some of them have lately I think they are shooting themselves in the foot when it comes to sales. For that reason I don't see the need for rules/guidelines for the vendors, they will hang themselves if they continue to act up.

Quite possibly the best advice in this thread. We are after all (for the most part) adults and we should act as such. I think that consumers can tell who is acting like an idiot and who is professional. In the end they will buy from the professional individual instead of the internet bafoon. At least thats how how I look at it. Call me crazy.......
Old 12-10-2005, 10:05 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TPY2KWS6
Quite possibly the best advice in this thread. We are after all (for the most part) adults and we should act as such. I think that consumers can tell who is acting like an idiot and who is professional. In the end they will buy from the professional individual instead of the internet bafoon. At least thats how how I look at it. Call me crazy.......
Well it's interesting how my (the) thread has turned into a thread on how we should all act. I'd agree. I'll point out that threads are read and interpreted. Quite often responses are pretty harsh, mean, belittling etc. I know that if someone responds to my comments like that I may fire back...I know the Good Book says turn the other cheek...not to get religious or political...it's so easy to simply fire back. I'll probably never change...been doing life a long time...48 years. Anyway...common courtesy I agree is best. I'd suggest ignoring the bs. At the end of the day...it's the tech stuff we really care about, right!!