Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous vendor Jihad

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 09:26 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nitrous vendor Jihad

Uncertain why...but it seems like it's all out war around here. Sometimes support is becoming secondary to sales.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally I don't think vendors should be allowed to post in a tech section due to obvious conflict of interest.
Nothing wrong with customer support, but not tech.
JMO
Old 12-06-2005, 09:38 AM
TECH Resident

Not at all, that's people drawing their own conclusions and creating drama where there is none.

Nothing has changed, it's business as usual.

Dave and I get along fine, just get a little hot under the collar sometimes but that's life.

So there is no war or problem, we have added more and more support here to help out. There's only so much one or 2 people even can do in responding to the massive nitrous interest and questions here. We want to see most if not all questions get answered and customers and non customers alike get the help they need. I'm sure dave, and dean feel the same way as well.

Last edited by NitrousDirect; 12-06-2005 at 09:54 AM.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

I look at it this way -- *all* of the nitrous companies here are working to innovate and bring better/new products to market. Each time one makes an advancement, they build on what they've collectively achieved in the past. The competition is good for all. The end result? All of these vendors are making good money selling us products, and we're getting increasingly better equipment. If it wasn't for guys like these, we'd still be using the goofy pieced together kits of the 60's and 70's ..
Old 12-06-2005, 10:05 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree that competition is good. However I know what you are talking about. I became a member of this board and chosse to help out tech wise because I enjoy it. There has been no shortage of tech help to the members here. I personally make sure that almost everypost gets quality and correct tech information. I have became fustrated with this section and some of the methods of trying to achieve sells from some others. It carrys onto other boards as well. I look and the same crap is starting up.. I am tired of getting attached...I am tired of all the arguing back as well. I catch myself getting wraped up in it and becoming just as negative as the other. Then I end up waisting my valuable day being non productive.

So from this point on. I have asked my closest friiends to slap me in the back of the head if I start getting caught up in some of the negative crap in this section. I will no longer take some of the stuff on these boards so personal. If I have a point to be proven it will be done technically with detailed pictures and facts.

I personally would suggest to the people looking for factual tech help and advice to do your homework very well. A second opinion may be needed..

I would like to think everyone that has shown us support over the years here on this site. We will still continue to offer only the best quality products,customer service,and tech help available. The rest we will simply ignore.. I am personally sorry for the arguements I have been apart of.......

Thank You very much and Merry Christmas.
Dave
Old 12-06-2005, 11:19 AM
TECH Veteran

I am coming up with a basic code of conduct that will be PMed to the nitrous sponsors. Its not to be a **** mod or anything...just to give the sponsors a guide to shoot for. Much of the friction comes when one vendor will do certian things to promote thier item that another vendor will not do. So if everyone is on the same page hopefully there will be less friction

We want all the vendors here to make money and share in the slice of pie. But no vendors should feel harrased.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:19 AM
TECH Resident

I think it's a great idea
Old 12-06-2005, 11:32 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 383LQ4SS
I am coming up with a basic code of conduct that will be PMed to the nitrous sponsors. Its not to be a **** mod or anything...just to give the sponsors a guide to shoot for. Much of the friction comes when one vendor will do certian things to promote thier item that another vendor will not do. So if everyone is on the same page hopefully there will be less friction

We want all the vendors here to make money and share in the slice of pie. But no vendors should feel harrased.
Maybe consider a "Vendor Signature Model" too. I chose to view sigs...some sigs get so big (not just vendors either). I know there is a 500 chr limit...but the jpegs get awkward. As well when there are several links in a sig...well it gets awkward.
remember Winners win...whiners whine...wineos live under bridges eventually
Old 12-06-2005, 12:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 383LQ4SS

I think we should get everyone that has a prob with someone to sign up at the next amature UFC fight and let em go at it, thats my .02 LOL David@TNT
Old 12-06-2005, 12:32 PM
TECH Veteran

This nitrous guy is better than that nitrous guy, my product is better than his, my customer service is better than theirs, my dick is bigger than yours.......

Just go turbo and be done with all the bullshit!
Old 12-06-2005, 12:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Great...now we have turbo vendors in the nitrous section
Old 12-06-2005, 12:53 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Yea My turbo is bigger than your turbo. lol
Ricky
Old 12-06-2005, 01:18 PM
11 Second Club

I know I personally do not like seeing ads for nitrous sales in this forum. Those should go in a vendor forum. THis should be for tech discussions only.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

I agree with whats been said. I think sometimes a heated debate is worthy, now this is without personal attacks towards anothers product or personality. I know I have been in many debates, however, usually they are civil, and the end user gets info that normally would otherwise be omitted. There are many tech guys with opinions/views/ideas that won't jibe with the next tech guy, and sometimes it becomes a product/company vs product/company, this is where we need to be careful. I agree with what Al wants to do, a basic guide line we all must adhere to, and have talked briefly with him about it, but will let Al and his level headiness make the choice on what/where/when.
Robert
Old 12-06-2005, 01:38 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Robert, I think you and I have alwasy done well at expressing each others veiws civilized.
Dave
Old 12-06-2005, 01:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by dwayneracing
I know I personally do not like seeing ads for nitrous sales in this forum. Those should go in a vendor forum. THis should be for tech discussions only.

So far this hasnt been a problem and its not like we are completely over run with posts. So for now they stay in this section. If everyone can get along I would much rather have all my nitrous info right here where I spend 75% of my time...including nitrous specials. However...if we ever became too crowded and posts moving too fast..or cant get along a bit better than we are now then nitrous selling in this tech section may stop at some point. I personally dont see that happening though. I know everyone can learn to stay on track.

And the code of conduct has been sent out. It has several rules but is basically very simple and based around RULE #1: though shalt only speak of thine own products!!!!

If everone would do just that there would be no problem. Promote your own stuff all you want...and talk of the merits and quality of your own products...but do not talk about another vendors products. Keep all comments pointed squarely at your own inventory.

The info at LS1tech has always been based on its members....regular members will post up thier real experiances and opinions for feedback on the vendors customer support, quality of products, etc.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:11 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Big Mike
This nitrous guy is better than that nitrous guy, my product is better than his, my customer service is better than theirs, my dick is bigger than yours.......

Just go turbo and be done with all the bullshit!
Turbos whine too. Frankly, we usually don't talk about the size of our equipment...just the volume of our shot. Arn't turbos just a bunch of hot air? What's the fun in that. LOL. Hell it's all good.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:16 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by David@TNT
I think we should get everyone that has a prob with someone to sign up at the next amature UFC fight and let em go at it, thats my .02 LOL David@TNT
What set up a bunch of computers around the ring and hurl insults? LOL.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

This one is funny, you may have already heard it, but if not...

"Fighting over the internet is kinda like the special olympics, even if you win, your still retarded"

Originally Posted by Macon
What set up a bunch of computers around the ring and hurl insults? LOL.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:53 PM
TECH Fanatic