50.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

NX MAF or TNT F2?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 03:00 PM
Var
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like i said twice before..there should at least be a test done to see what kind of CFM numbers are at the nozzles. At least at that point we can determine efficiency..(if by some way the TNT or NX produces more/the same power using less nitrous which could be seen as a huge advantage by some buyers.

And as Robert mentioned above(from what i understood of it at least) NX runs richer therefore would naturally make a little less power for the same size nitrous jet.

Robert is it Fuel/Nitrous 1.88:1 or 1:88 ?? you said 1.88 which is not a ratio
Old 12-12-2005, 06:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by NXJeremy
I would venture to say that it is almost impossible to compare two different systems and get viable results that could be used in a comparison.

Thats what I am thinking now as well. At a minimum you would have to do two tests at each kits various parameters for each nozzle and maybe then avg the outcomes.

But I still think the overall difference here is negligable. Probably <2% in my opinion. I think if there is an actual difference between these "high end" nozzles...that it would be so minute that it could be easily masked...or made up for.. by a few psi here....or a slightly different cam grind there...or a better set of headers..some better weather conditions... or some $6 jets..etc.

So if thats all true...what your left with logically is the question:can this nozzle deliver my overall HP goals?
The answer for all the higher end nozzles is of course: YES.

After that...you have to look at the supporting parts around the nozzle to try to make your purchase decision.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CEA or ISO Standard...

I guess this statement isn't going to be super heady but it occurs to me that if there was a radically superior system everyone would be using it. Maybe better put, if designer A had a system that proved to be alarmingly superior to all other system designers, it would be very evident. Arn't we talking about really small differences? As well differences that the slightest variance in tune could make an NX system look like garbage and a TNT look super or vice versa? I guess I just get the warm and fuzzy knowing that the build quality is there in anything I get. I can't help but think about standardization. If everything had an ISO900x or CEA rating and if every kit was compared at a given standard somewhere in the literature. I'd leave it up to the manufacturers to use it, but if they did then there would be less of a question I suppose?
Old 12-12-2005, 07:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Var

Robert is it Fuel/Nitrous 1.88:1 or 1:88 ?? you said 1.88 which is not a ratio

My quote, "...1.88 ratio of fuel to n2o...", I thought it was clear.
Robert
Old 12-13-2005, 01:08 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by Robert56
My quote, "...1.88 ratio of fuel to n2o...", I thought it was clear.
Robert
Ok I have to ask where did you get that ratio, that is not our nitrous to fuel ratio.. .
I think you and myself had this one before another time before time began.lol.
Ricky
Old 12-13-2005, 02:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
Ok I have to ask where did you get that ratio, that is not our nitrous to fuel ratio.. .
I think you and myself had this one before another time before time began.lol.
Ricky
Yea, I know it was changed/different, but was presenting info from my memory, and I think I covered most with statements of question. What is it? or is this proprietary in nature? Oh were did I get it, backwards math from known NX jet sizes of the past.
Robert
Old 12-13-2005, 11:14 AM
FormerVendor

Robert, if I remember correctly your math consists of dividing the two jet sizes? Our ratio if figured based on lbs/hr of fuel flowed vs. lbs/hr nitrous flowed through the two respective jet sizes for a given hp.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by NXJeremy
Robert, if I remember correctly your math consists of dividing the two jet sizes? Our ratio if figured based on lbs/hr of fuel flowed vs. lbs/hr nitrous flowed through the two respective jet sizes for a given hp.
Jeremy, the ratio is still there, however the method to determine it. It was only used to show that different companys use a diff ratio of fuel to nitrous, for dissucion purposes only.
Robert
Old 12-13-2005, 03:04 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Robert56
Jeremy, the ratio is still there, however the method to determine it. It was only used to show that different companys use a diff ratio of fuel to nitrous, for dissucion purposes only.
Robert
I'm with ya Robert, I was just throwing the math out there since Ricky seems to point out your math every time you mention the ratios of N/F . Also, I would think that by using the method we use, the results would be different for each company's jets. For example, we flow the jets for our 100hp setting on a single nozzle for an LS1 and get X lbs/hr N2O for a .052" jet, and X lbs/hr Fuel for a .028" jet. Now take the same size jets (52 N, 28 F) from another brand and flow them and you'll get Y lbs/hr N and Y lbs/hr F.

I think this is where the method of dividing the two jet sizes would not produce accurate results when compared to the lbs/hr flowed method. Just another thing to think about I guess.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Jeremy, very true. I think we could come up with an equation to just plug numbers into and get a realistic comparison. But the basics of all this, is just what you explained, each company does it a little diffrently. My insights tell me power outcome will vary by method. Now will we ever be able to do an absolute comparison, hmmm...
Robert
Old 12-13-2005, 03:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

383LQ4SS- first off my t.n.t 100 shot did'nt even give me 100 rwhp and the nx was near 15hp less. this was done on a stang dyno. the nx kit was running higher psi then i was too. so your 100 t.n.t shot getting 130 comment was on the money. hell...my 150shot only got me 130hp and i got .2 faster in the 1/4mi 100shot for 100shot over my buds nx kit too.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:51 PM
FormerVendor

Robert, I don't know if it is possible to do an absolute comparison since every company's design's vary for the same parts. I think it would be interesting to see a comarison of the lbs/hr flowed of various individual components to see which ones use the nitrous and fuel most efficiently. That would be a whole other can of worms though.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs up

Ok here's an example:
CraZee Z06, has posted running a TNT 100hp shot he gained 125rwhp. His finale numbers were: 494rwhp and 565 torque, peak numbers.

Robert56, running Dry NOS dual stage jetted to 125rwhp gain. My finale numbers were: 480rwhp and 505 torque, peak numbers.

We both have Z06s with only CAI as mods. This exactly what I was talking about running different company's kits, different torque out comes, but actully the basic same hp (dyno I used added new software and said to add 10hp to equal past hps-dyno jet). I see the TNT as torque king. Opinions please.

Robert
Old 12-18-2005, 02:15 AM
TECH Veteran

Robert...you have a dual stage right? Isnt the hit split up by RPM on your setup? Make it so both stages activate at the same time at 3000 rpm and hit it on the dyno and see what the TQ is.

And dont forget all we ever seem to talk about is the peaks. Peak hp and peak TQ. So when we say a TNT or brand X gives more TQ as compared to the HP then it has to be in the lower rpm. Because like we discussed before. If one setup makes 500 rwhp ay 5500 rpm and the other kit makes 500 rwhp at 5500 rpms then that will have the exact same TQ at 5500 rpm.

So what it seems people try to say is that TNT kits make more TQ in the lower rpm. I think its just a product of the slight under rating that makes that appear that way. Take your kit and hit both stages at 2800 rpm and see what the TQ is. It will be through the roof. Cam will also have a great affect on low rpm TQ. Especially stock cams and cams with little duration. Exhaust as well.

So take a car...set it up with a TNT kit to make a 125 hp gain...then set up a dry kit to make 125 hp gain. Hit them both at the same RPM. I will be willing to bet that TQ at activation will be within 10-20 ft/lbs either way.
Old 12-18-2005, 03:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yea, dual stage but on the dyno pull both stages were in by 4100rpm. so your saying that because the all in one one torque monster shot are at a lower rpm the clyinder pressures are so great you get a big torque peak. whereas cumlative torque in the high rpms will never match the low rpm. I would like to see his dyno sheet, to see how long the torque peak stays higher than mine. I suspect it may drop a little but will still be higher at my torque peak. I will ask him to post.
Robert
Old 12-18-2005, 10:03 AM
TECH Veteran

if you want bigger TQ #s...just hit yours at a lower rpm. If your getting 500+ at 4100 rpm....youll get QUITE a bit more TQ if you were to hit them both at 3000. give it a shot one day.

If you have noticed on single hit kits activated at say 3000 rpm...the TQ skyrockets at activation and always tapers off with rpm. Thats because cylinder fill is greater at lower RPM because nitrous flow is constant regardless of rpm. SO you want big TQ #s....just hit it lower in the rpm.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

if you want bigger TQ #s...just hit yours at a lower rpm. If your getting 500+ at 4100 rpm....youll get QUITE a bit more TQ if you were to hit them both at 3000. give it a shot one day.
I don't want to break my fraigle IRS.
Robert
Old 01-14-2006, 10:09 PM
Launching!

Sorry I'm a nitrous newb but I got question… does NX and TNT use the same size jets for each hp shot or different sizes?
Old 01-16-2006, 08:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

I can give you my personal experience with TNT's F1 kit. The power ring is a kind of a PITA to get right, but the performance of the kit is excellent. TNT also has some of the best customer service I have ever dealt with. I would buy another kit from them for sure.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:54 AM
FormerVendor

HPT Bandit - The jetting for each company is different.