Old 12-15-2005, 03:09 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep us posted White
Old 12-16-2005, 07:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by N20GMC
Yes I have seen it done also when empting a bottle and pure liquid comes out. But thats what you want. Is liquid not gas. The liquid is more dense and doesnt expand until its in the manafold. If we could get liquid n20 in the manafold we would, we are working on it though.
I have always wondered if somebody had been working on keeping the N20 in a liquid state all the way up to the manifold.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:37 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

The liquid into the manifold would be very tough.. Since it is only a liquid with a certin pressures or temps. what about this Maybe N2OGMC could help with this one.. If you froze the intake prior to racing by taken a bottle of co2 or nitrous and super chilling the manifold. That would help with et, and maybe allow more nitrous to be liquid in the intake... I have noticed that once nitrous crosses an orfice it changes to gas.. HMMMM maybe install the nitrous nozzle just like a down nozzle on an alcohol car...
Ricky
Old 12-16-2005, 07:59 PM
TECH Veteran

how about incorporating the noids into the manifold. Almost like the NX rail system. But instead you would have the valve somewhere VERY close to the intake port. Then mount the coil externally. Obviously you would need 8 coils and the valves would have to be made into each manifold and you would have to make each manifold as well.

Or have the bottom exit noids with a sealed mount on the base of each runner. Come up with a way to put the jets right at the exit of the noid/entrance of the runner. Definately a project but doable. That would eliminate any room for the n20 to expand to a gas as its traveling through the lines and/or rails towards the nozzle.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 383LQ4SS
how about incorporating the noids into the manifold. Almost like the NX rail system. But instead you would have the valve somewhere VERY close to the intake port. Then mount the coil externally. Obviously you would need 8 coils and the valves would have to be made into each manifold and you would have to make each manifold as well.

Or have the bottom exit noids with a sealed mount on the base of each runner. Come up with a way to put the jets right at the exit of the noid/entrance of the runner. Definately a project but doable. That would eliminate any room for the n20 to expand to a gas as its traveling through the lines and/or rails towards the nozzle.
How about going to a Ultra high pressure system that doesn't fall to sub critical pressures in the line... say 2000-2500 psi or more. The pressure drop off would be severe but nor sufficient to take it below the magic 1050 number.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Homeslice (tm)
How about going to a Ultra high pressure system that doesn't fall to sub critical pressures in the line... say 2000-2500 psi or more. The pressure drop off would be severe but nor sufficient to take it below the magic 1050 number.
Yeah, two 20 lb bottles Tee'd together feeding a nozzle with no jet. Crap your pants at the push of a button.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
The liquid into the manifold would be very tough.. Since it is only a liquid with a certin pressures or temps. what about this Maybe N2OGMC could help with this one.. If you froze the intake prior to racing by taken a bottle of co2 or nitrous and super chilling the manifold. That would help with et, and maybe allow more nitrous to be liquid in the intake... I have noticed that once nitrous crosses an orfice it changes to gas.. HMMMM maybe install the nitrous nozzle just like a down nozzle on an alcohol car...
Ricky
What about an expansion chamber and coil assy near the nozzle...i'm thinking something that I can't put into words...kind of like an alcohol still...something that helps change the state...i'm probably wac.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:49 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by cyipher
How about a bottle at 1050 psi at 30 degrees F? nitrogen push is the only way i know of doing this but it would be interesting to see if there is a hp difference.
Hmmmm
Old 12-16-2005, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by 383LQ4SS

Will I am think this would not be good now... I am going out on limb bare with me.. The nitrous needs time to expand and turn into a gaseous state to help in the cooling. that whole boiling effect. High pressure juice can not have the same cooling effect since its not boiling. Also liquid can not be compressed so you would not want liquid getting into the cylinder... Ever wonder why a plate hits harder than a nozzle system.. I think becuase its high up the stream and is super chilling the intire runners volume of air..
Ricky
Old 12-16-2005, 10:12 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
Will I am think this would not be good now... I am going out on limb bare with me.. The nitrous needs time to expand and turn into a gaseous state to help in the cooling. that whole boiling effect. High pressure juice can not have the same cooling effect since its not boiling. Also liquid can not be compressed so you would not want liquid getting into the cylinder... Ever wonder why a plate hits harder than a nozzle system.. I think becuase its high up the stream and is super chilling the intire runners volume of air..
Ricky
Whaaat the heck are you saying brudda? If the nitrous gas goes through a coil of line and at som,e point is allowed to expand and cool could you control that enough to have it's state changed from gas to liquid?
Old 01-11-2009, 07:34 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok, I am bring this thread back from the dead. Yes, I know it is over 3 years old, but I think with the changes in technology and the now increasing prevalence of push system I think this needs to be rediscussed.

Originally Posted by cyipher
How about a bottle at 1050 psi at 30 degrees F? nitrogen push is the only way i know of doing this but it would be interesting to see if there is a hp difference.
Cyipher touched on it, but never got a response. I think it would be interesting to be able to use a push system to pressurize the bottle to around 1500psi while maintaining a low bottle temperature. Of course the added pressure is going to increase the temperature of the nitrous, but no where near the amount heating it would.

With white2001s10's results:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-o...t-results.html

We can see that increasing the pressure provides an even greater reduction in the temperature of the surrounding area. From the 1300 to 1700 psi tests we see a greater area affected by the reduction in temperature. On the other hand we see that even though the test was done over a period of 3 seconds we see a larger pressure drop in the bottle that would be even more accute as the test time increases.

Now, with the mass marketing of push systems and their increasing popularity I'd like to see a kit adapted to running and maintaining the bottle pressure at an extremely high pressure. With out having done the test what are everyone's thoughts and / or opinions.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:23 PM
Banned

i gota question..nitrous kits are mostly rated at 900-1000psi...we have botle problems getting them up sometimes so why cant we up the n2o jet and make a kit at 700 psi or so...my dynotune heaters take forever about 30 minutes to get a 40 degree bottle to 1000 psi
Old 01-28-2009, 12:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by daniel6718
i gota question..nitrous kits are mostly rated at 900-1000psi...we have botle problems getting them up sometimes so why cant we up the n2o jet and make a kit at 700 psi or so...my dynotune heaters take forever about 30 minutes to get a 40 degree bottle to 1000 psi
The smart engineers decided that the 950psi area has the nitrous in it's best state, much higher and it can get gaueous or something weird like that and lower, not sure, but it's been the standard for all the years I have been around it.
Robert
Old 01-28-2009, 04:26 PM

40 degree bottle is one huge heat sink. It takes a while to get all that cold area up to temp to pressure up.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
Ok, I am bring this thread back from the dead. Yes, I know it is over 3 years old, but I think with the changes in technology and the now increasing prevalence of push system I think this needs to be rediscussed.

Cyipher touched on it, but never got a response. I think it would be interesting to be able to use a push system to pressurize the bottle to around 1500psi while maintaining a low bottle temperature. Of course the added pressure is going to increase the temperature of the nitrous, but no where near the amount heating it would.

With white2001s10's results:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-o...t-results.html

We can see that increasing the pressure provides an even greater reduction in the temperature of the surrounding area. From the 1300 to 1700 psi tests we see a greater area affected by the reduction in temperature. On the other hand we see that even though the test was done over a period of 3 seconds we see a larger pressure drop in the bottle that would be even more accute as the test time increases.

Now, with the mass marketing of push systems and their increasing popularity I'd like to see a kit adapted to running and maintaining the bottle pressure at an extremely high pressure. With out having done the test what are everyone's thoughts and / or opinions.
On the dry shots i used to use my heaters to increase pressure and thus a way to increase the hit size with out changing the jets. What i found was after about 1250psi it would become like a gaseous spitting mess. It will still work and you you power, but not like it should. Changing from the standard 950psi we wmust think about phase change, right? I do also know the higher the starting pressure, the great the over all psi drop per run. but all of this is really null with the advant of the NANO technology. 1050 static and 950dynamic seems to work great.
Robert

Quick Reply: Nitrous Pressure Discussion.