Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a good Nitrous read........

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 10:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Looking for a good Nitrous read........

Well I'm in the market for nitrous and have been for a while. But I'm looking for some good information on types of nitrous systems, which is better and why, what nitrous does exactly. Those kinds of things. If you guys could provide some links or magazine referances, I would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks!
Old 12-13-2005, 10:17 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I suggest chjecking out this months GM hightech. Also do a search here on the borad. After you do your research feel free to ask any questions you may have left.This will narrow down the area you need answered.
Dave
Old 12-13-2005, 11:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, Jon in the links section of my web is the Colonels Tech files, a very insightful read. Yea, the GMHTP rag is good, as the current month has a decent NX sell fest/write-up. Also, up in the stickies is some good info.
Robert
Old 12-13-2005, 11:28 PM
10 Second Club

I'll go buy the new GM high tech tommorrow! And I'll try to find the colonels tech files.

Dave, I have done searches on the site and to be honest, I haven't found anything worth reading. Its all should I get this or do you like that! I want to read something intellegent and stimulating! Maybe I'm not looking in the right places...........I'll check out the references you two gave me, then I'll do a real in depth search if that don't work.

Thanks guys.......
Old 12-13-2005, 11:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 00Vette
Dave, I have done searches on the site and to be honest, I haven't found anything worth reading. Its all should I get this or do you like that! I want to read something intellegent and stimulating! Maybe I'm not looking in the right places...........I'll check out the references you two gave me, then I'll do a real in depth search if that don't work.
The info is out there, you just have to go through a lot of random "which is better", "which makes more power", "vote for the best" type of threads to find it. But there have been some great discussions on this board from time to time.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:42 PM
TECH Resident

Hahah he said nitrous read not a paid NX advertisement

here's some basic info you might want to start with

http://www.nitrousdirect.com/nitrousoxide.html
Old 12-14-2005, 10:02 AM
FormerVendor

Like Turo said, it will take some digging to get through all the "which is best" and "what makes more power" type threads. The info is definately out there though, there a lot of very informative threads here at LS1tech that aren't just pissing contests.

Feel free to email/pm me any questions you have. I would be more than happy to discuss any aspect of nitrous systems that you may have questions on.

Like Dave said, this months GMHTP mag is a great issue covering nitrous oxide and the various companies out there. And yes, while it is basically a large advertisement for the companies that are mentioned in this issue, it still has several good tech articles for people that are potential new comers to using nitrous as a power adder.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:43 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by 00Vette
Well I'm in the market for nitrous and have been for a while. But I'm looking for some good information on types of nitrous systems, which is better and why, what nitrous does exactly. Those kinds of things. If you guys could provide some links or magazine referances, I would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks!
I recommend you goodle search nitrous books, there is a lot of information out there.. The down fall is there is also so information that contridicts others..
Which is better or worse do the research but you are the final person to say its better than that..
I think NX has the best period.
Ricky
Old 12-14-2005, 10:45 AM
FormerVendor

Obviously some people are jealous.
Considering this is not the first time that this has been stated about it being an advertisement by the same company.Let me explain to you how an advertisement works.First YOU contact the company in which you choose to advertise through.Then YOU have your marketing department...(if you have one) put together the add.Then YOUR guy will send it to the conmpany and it goes to print. Then YOU right a check for the services that were provided to you.

NX Nor Did I pay for advertisement in this months GM Hightech.GM-Hightech contacted us to help do the article by supplying pictures and answer a few questions.We did not contact them. The Magazine did a article on things to compare when shoping for a nitrous system. They just used what is known to be some of the best quality parts on the market as examples in there article.

Its just a perk and a compliment to us that we have acheived the repatation for being the best in our market with the best quality parts.
So Ill take the compliment and tell you Thank You now.
Dave
Old 12-14-2005, 10:47 AM
FormerVendor

Jon,
I get calls with questions like you are asking all the time.Feel free to give me a call and ask the questions you need to ask.I will be happy to help over the phone or PM me.
Dave
Old 12-14-2005, 01:54 PM
TECH Resident

Dave you might want to double check on that.. was informed article was done because NX is a primedia advertiser, and most likely wouldn't have happened otherwise. Anyways i think it's great!! Just don't like to see giant ads passed off as factual articles. No worries!
Old 12-14-2005, 02:04 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by NitrousDirect
Dave you might want to double check on that.. was informed article was done because NX is a primedia advertiser, and most likely wouldn't have happened otherwise. Anyways i think it's great!! Just don't like to see giant ads passed off as factual articles. No worries!
I will come back to this one soon.
Ricky
Old 12-14-2005, 02:06 PM
FormerVendor

Scott, Its funny seing how jealous you are. Please go pick up any of the magazines from prime media. NX has not being doing much advertisments for the last year. Looks like you need to find a new sales pitch. LOL
Also other companys use Prime media since they own just about every car mag out there.
Dave
Old 12-14-2005, 02:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jon up at the speed shop in Federal Way thet carry a book Nitrous Oxide, by Joe Pettitt, and also Chevy ls1/ls6 V-8s, by Will Handzel, and Chevy ls1/ls6 Performance, by Chris Endres. The latter two have small n2o sections, and the first is the best published nitrous read I have found. I have all three if ya want to check them out. Be carefull reading some of the home written web specials, as I have found mucho incorrect info in certain writups.
Robert
Old 12-14-2005, 02:29 PM
TECH Resident

I'm not sure you're even know how you're attempting to use the word jealous? Jealous of what? We can advertise in any magazine we want, we get approached daily. And have advertised in many mags before. I'm really having trouble understanding what there is to be jealous about. I think it just needs to be known that it was essentially a paid advertisement, just like a product review when you advertise with a publishing company. And i was informed by someone who knew that deal, that is was simply because nx is an advertiser with primedia. So before you go throwing around silly comments.. you might want to just check yourself if you don't know.

Congrats on the ad though it looks good! I'd rather not spend the money and give people better deals though!
Old 12-14-2005, 03:12 PM
FormerVendor

Robert, I've got the book by Pettitt and it's one of the best I have read on nitrous oxide. I have not seen the other two since I don't own an LSx car, haha. To the original poster, I would highly recommend reading the book by Pettitt as Robert mentioned.

"Better Deal" is a completely relative term that is different to every individual. Less expensive doesn't mean something is a better, just the same as more expensive doesn't mean it's better. There are many variables to look at.

I don't see what the big deal is about the mag. Yes, there was a lot of advertisement in it which included an ad for Edelbrock, Harris Speed Works, Nitrous Outlet, NX, NOS, Pro Flow (Wilson Manifolds), Nitrous Works, Zex, and TNT. It was a great bit of exposure for everyone involved. And there were even several factual articles that included a MAF install, Zex DP install, NOS 5176 install, dyno results for all three, and a track test for the MAF and Zex DP. There was also a tech artical covering the install of an Edelbrock 2-stage DP system along with track testing, and the article that was co-written by Nitro Dave covering the various accessories that can be used with any nitrous system. Lastly there was a small plug for the new NOS LS1 plate, Dave's dedicated fuel systems, and Edelbrock's new progressive controller in the back of the mag. It turned out to be very informative and was great advertising for all of the nitrous companies involved. No reason for anyone to be jealous, if your company was in it great and if not, then oh well.

If there's going to be bickering, arguing, or discussion over something, at least do it over something interesting like the thread on the affects of pressure with nitrous, or the thread on altering the chemical makeup of nitrous to make more power.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:21 PM
FormerVendor

I'm not sure you're even know how you're attempting to use the word jealous? Jealous of what? We can advertise in any magazine we want, we get approached daily. And have advertised in many mags before. I'm really having trouble understanding what there is to be jealous about. I think it just needs to be known that it was essentially a paid advertisement, just like a product review when you advertise with a publishing company. And i was informed by someone who knew that deal, that is was simply because nx is an advertiser with primedia. So before you go throwing around silly comments.. you might want to just check yourself if you don't know.

Congrats on the ad though it looks good! I'd rather not spend the money and give people better deals though!
Your eyes have to be a dark brown
Dave
Old 12-14-2005, 03:23 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NXJeremy
Robert, I've got the book by Pettitt and it's one of the best I have read on nitrous oxide. I have not seen the other two since I don't own an LSx car, haha. To the original poster, I would highly recommend reading the book by Pettitt as Robert mentioned.

"Better Deal" is a completely relative term that is different to every individual. Less expensive doesn't mean something is a better, just the same as more expensive doesn't mean it's better. There are many variables to look at.

I don't see what the big deal is about the mag. Yes, there was a lot of advertisement in it which included an ad for Edelbrock, Harris Speed Works, Nitrous Outlet, NX, NOS, Pro Flow (Wilson Manifolds), Nitrous Works, Zex, and TNT. It was a great bit of exposure for everyone involved. And there were even several factual articles that included a MAF install, Zex DP install, NOS 5176 install, dyno results for all three, and a track test for the MAF and Zex DP. There was also a tech artical covering the install of an Edelbrock 2-stage DP system along with track testing, and the article that was co-written by Nitro Dave covering the various accessories that can be used with any nitrous system. Lastly there was a small plug for the new NOS LS1 plate, Dave's dedicated fuel systems, and Edelbrock's new progressive controller in the back of the mag. It turned out to be very informative and was great advertising for all of the nitrous companies involved. No reason for anyone to be jealous, if your company was in it great and if not, then oh well.

If there's going to be bickering, arguing, or discussion over something, at least do it over something interesting like the thread on the affects of pressure with nitrous, or the thread on altering the chemical makeup of nitrous to make more power.

All I'm looking for is information on how different systems work, why they are better, why they aren't better, what the best things to do with particular systems, etc. That kind of info. I have found out that the injectors I have on my car are smaller and may not support the amount of dry shot I want to spray........and that the wet systems have some serious hazards to watch out for. I also have learned some other great stuff.

I want a dry system, and I want to spray 150hp shot. However, I don't have much money and I can't afford to replace my injectors. So I need to come up with something!! I'm thinking that I can get a wet system and get 2 extra noids to help keep the system from blowing up my car. These are the reasons I'm searching for so much information! Maybe this info. will help you guys get me more information.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:26 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robert56
Jon up at the speed shop in Federal Way thet carry a book Nitrous Oxide, by Joe Pettitt, and also Chevy ls1/ls6 V-8s, by Will Handzel, and Chevy ls1/ls6 Performance, by Chris Endres. The latter two have small n2o sections, and the first is the best published nitrous read I have found. I have all three if ya want to check them out. Be carefull reading some of the home written web specials, as I have found mucho incorrect info in certain writups.
Robert
I have the Chevy LS1/LS6 book by Handzel. Its a great read! Lots of great info in that book. I think I'll look on the internet for the Nitrous Oxide book my Pettitt that your talking about. If its anything like the Chevy book I got, it has to be a great source of information.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:30 PM
10 Second Club

give people better deals though!
That is EXACTLY what I want! I'm enlisted in the military and make very little dough. So I need to stretch my dollar as far as I can, and I know many others are in the same boat as me.

Keep down the prices guys..........

Quick Reply: Looking for a good Nitrous read........