Sponsored by:

Can we get an agreement?.....OR ELSE

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 07:20 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Exclamation Can we get an agreement?.....OR ELSE

To our nitrous vendors and their representatives on this site,

I am sick of the drama and arguments that have been going on lately. Its beyond the point of childish, and my delete button is tired of its workouts.

Can we reach an agreement or truce here?

1. Vendors and Company reps are not permitted to post or reply in any thread started by another company.
2. Vendors and Company reps are not to mention other brands (provoking replies) in their own threads.
3. Vendors and Company reps may only discuss the positives of their own brand, and not speak negatively of the other brands.

I hate to make such demands, but all of this crap flying back and forth lately warrants it. If you agree to this truce, please reply in here. Otherwise, there might be some representatives or sponsors removed from this site and advertising checks will be refunded.

Tony
Old 12-15-2005, 09:40 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

.......... anyone reading this?
Old 12-15-2005, 09:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i read it.....twice. im not a nitrous vendor though. i think its a good idea.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:56 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
To our nitrous vendors and their representatives on this site,

I am sick of the drama and arguments that have been going on lately. Its beyond the point of childish, and my delete button is tired of its workouts.

Can we reach an agreement or truce here?

1. Vendors and Company reps are not permitted to post or reply in any thread started by another company.
2. Vendors and Company reps are not to mention other brands (provoking replies) in their own threads.
3. Vendors and Company reps may only discuss the positives of their own brand, and not speak negatively of the other brands.

I hate to make such demands, but all of this crap flying back and forth lately warrants it. If you agree to this truce, please reply in here. Otherwise, there might be some representatives or sponsors removed from this site and advertising checks will be refunded.

Tony
Not a problem, glad someone finally stepped up to stop all the BS. Do have a question for #1....does that mean if say vendor A starts up a technical discussion thread, does that mean vendor B cannot reply in that thread period? Even if he has good tech info to add???? Seems a little strict on that respect.

Nick
Old 12-15-2005, 09:58 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Perfect, NX will abide by the rules set forth by you... I think we had that happen with the pressure discussion..
Good point. Nick

Ricky
Old 12-15-2005, 10:02 AM
FormerVendor

I'm in agreement, though lately it's been kinda comical (good for a daily laugh). I'm also wondering the same thing Nick is. If the thread is just a technical discussion can other vendors post in it?
Old 12-15-2005, 10:09 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tony,
I am in complete aggreement with this. I will be happy to see this section back to the tecnical side instead of all the drama..
Dave
Old 12-15-2005, 10:19 AM
Restricted User

Dang, just when I wanted to become a nitrous vendor. I think all groups get into it once in a while. For a few days, about a month ago, the turbo group vendors were throwing words back and forth. Just some friendly competition. When you have multiples of anything, there are bound to be issues - multiple male cats, multiple female girlfriends, multiple nitrous vendors.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:39 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Personally, I don't think vendors should even be replying in technical discussions started by other vendors. It appears that some people can't reply on a strictly technical basis without talking trash about brand XYZ in the same sentence, or post with intentions to solicit their own products in those replies.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:47 AM
Restricted User

Personally, I don't think vendors should even be replying in technical discussions started by other vendors. It appears that some people can't reply on a strictly technical basis without talking trash about brand XYZ in the same sentence, or post with intentions to solicit their own products in those replies.
I agree!
Old 12-15-2005, 11:18 AM
FormerVendor

With all due respect Nine Ball, the vendors pay good money to advertise on here and to have the right to push their product. Moving product is their livelihood and that is why they try to push their product any chance they get. To try and regulate when and how they post could possibly be limiting their sales. I have mentioned it before, the vendors that continue to slander other brands/vendors will hang themselves with the customers. Also, a technical discussion should be just that, technical, and the more professional input we can get on the topic the better. A good example of this is the pressure discussion and the chemical discussion, there has been a ton of good info presented in both by several different vendors/sponsors (as well as individuals) without any childish bickering.

Don't get me wrong, I am in complete agreement that the bitching and bickering between some of the vendors is very annoying at times. This is going to happen from time to time, that's what happens when multiple companies are in an environment such as this and trying to pull from the same customer selection. However, I have noticed that those same vendors that are involved in this will get over it and actually have friendly, jokingly discussions afterward. It's like a bunch of siblings, that's all.

Not trying to buck the system, I will try follow what ever rules are in place. I'm just voicing my opinion.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:20 AM
TECH Veteran

Thanks Tony.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:22 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

With all due respect Nine Ball, the vendors pay good money to advertise on here and to have the right to push their product.
Thats fine, but please create your own threads to push your products, and do not take any shots at the other vendors when doing so. Speak about the positives of your own brand, not the negatives of other brands. Seems like that is the only way to reduce the childish bullshit in here lately. Sad, but true
Old 12-15-2005, 11:44 AM
TECH Resident

I Agree!!!!
Old 12-15-2005, 11:52 AM
FormerVendor

Thats fine, but please create your own threads to push your products, and do not take any shots at the other vendors when doing so. Speak about the positives of your own brand, not the negatives of other brands. Seems like that is the only way to reduce the childish bullshit in here lately. Sad, but true
Tony, I agree that what you suggest is about the only solution to the issues occuring lately. However, this basically takes away any comparison of two products from the vendors. A comparison doesn't have to put down one product and praise another, although I understand and agree with your annoyance of the so called "comparisons" lately.

On a side note concerning the technical discussions. As long as the discussion remains on a strictly technical level I don't see the problem with various vendors providing their input.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way Tony, I am not trying to fight the admins. I'm just trying to look at things from the opposite side of the topic, I guess call me devil's advocate here. Like I said earlier, I'll follow what ever rules are in place.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:26 PM
TECH Addict

what i think is that everybody needs to be able to have a technical discussion together and keep it on a professional level. you guys arguing back and forth just makes the business look bad and it looks like you are immature and you are running a childish business. i dont know about everybody else but im not going to spend hundreds of dollars with somebody that acts like a 5 year old.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:09 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know.. Put everyone on a point system like my mommy did when I was a kid. If someone gets out of line take away a star instead of adding one. When they run out suspend them or kick them out. Just like my mommy did when she sent me to the boys home

hahaha.
I love you guys!!!
Dave
Old 12-15-2005, 01:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I am in total agreement. I think the tech posts should go on with everyone involved as usual, however, we must stick to the no negatives about other products. Meaning, I think we can point out tech differences on a factual point, but keep personal opinions to our self if they are negative.
I have givin Al (383) my notice of possibly giving up Mod and sponosor status last night, and to Tony (Nine ball) this morning. For me the fun of it all seems to be waining. Yes, I went on a tangent myself last night, but feel it's been coming for awhile. I will see how things go the next few days before making any rash choices, because I do, or have really, enjoyed my place here. NXJeremy hit the nail on the head, it's like siblings bickering, and afterwards no grudges held, but we need to step up and be a little more professional. I have notice some vendors don't even post much anymore and feel the BS may be part of it, so I will domy best along with the others above and make this truly the premier tech site that it is. Rant and rave off.
Robert
Old 12-15-2005, 01:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Sounds good Robert. It has become more a of a chore lately and my patience has been thin as well and have been on edge lately. I need a break.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:06 PM
TECH Resident

here's some gold star stickers for you!