Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible New idea for wet kit placement

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 09:02 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Possible New idea for wet kit placement

Ok on my wet kit I'm only shooting 75, but it seems like it gathers on the throttle blade, then the 150 dry ahead of it is freezing stuff. So my idea is to purchase on of the SLP Ls6 intakes with the EGR provision.

With the EGR there could I not Place a freeze plug in it and the drill a hole through the plug for nozel placement? I was looking at this on my intake but I cant see drilling through the plastic It will break most likely.

So I'm up for anyones ideas as to how to sprayit this way or anyone else that sprays behind the throttle body.
Thanks ~Derek
Old 12-15-2005, 09:14 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Derek,
I would not suggest doing this. This will place the nozzle to close to the front runners.There is no way taht the spray pattern will have time to mix into the airflow and hit each cylinder correctly.
Dave
Old 12-15-2005, 09:26 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put the nozzle into that location on a car what make feeding the front runners realy difficult. How do you see frost forming on the blade?

Have you seen Daves plate kits yet... They come with all NX, solenoids, jets, etc.. nice peiece from the pics I have seen..
Ricky
Old 12-15-2005, 10:59 AM
TECH Resident

The blade build frost arond the shaft on the throttle body causing it to close slowly and one time hang up. I have a secondary fuel cell for the fuel supplied to the wet kit. Could I be getting moisture in the gas causing it to freeze when it contact with the nitrous?
Old 12-15-2005, 10:59 AM
TECH Resident

I drilled my intake for dp whats the problem with drilling. Wonder if pointing the nozzle away fromt he intake would work for better distribution.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Z284U2TRY
I drilled my intake for dp whats the problem with drilling. Wonder if pointing the nozzle away fromt he intake would work for better distribution.
This is my thinking, dr nozzle placement. Might be a little close. Try pointing nozzle more into stream of air rather than directly at opening, you'll get a better mix. Or move nozzle to side of airbox. Moisture is in the air, and when blasted with cold air you get condensation, normal though.
Robert
Old 12-15-2005, 04:21 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Z284U2TRY
The difference is that you are talking about a direct port that feeds each cylinder. He is talking about placing a nozzle behind the throttle body right up on the two front cylinders. This would more than likely not get fuel to the front cylinders.

Now if you turned the nozzle towards the throttle body it would creat a restriction from the air comming into the intake plenum and the nozzle trying to spray its way through in the opposite direction. It would limit the hp acheivement.
Dave
Old 12-16-2005, 12:14 AM
TECH Resident

Maybe it's time for a direct port! I was worried about the same thing since I was planning on adding a huge dry shot (100 - 150) as a second stage, but decided that maybe I should just do DP after 250.