28.21%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

wet or dry

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 10:19 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lightbulb wet or dry

i know everyone tired of this ? i have a tr224 112 cam normal boltons lid etc... look in signature i wanna know what kit would benifit my set up i am totaly new of nitrous is name brand a biggie? i seen some good prices on www.dynotunenitrous.com but just want a few thoughts on this matter and i will be ordering my kit soon as i hear the responces oh and i had the motor refreshed rings berings etc... so fellas wet or dry and what size? thankx PS this kit is going to be my christmas present from my wife So yall know i want to order fast before she change he mind
Old 12-22-2005, 10:27 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't vote (yet)...I think it depends on the shot you are talking about for me.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:33 AM
TECH Veteran

very true Macon.

Put a description of the size of the shot and total HP your looking for with motor+juice.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Wetty.... I voted.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Big or small you guys know where my vote went. Now if going NHRA pro big, then I say a direct port is in order.
Robert
Old 12-22-2005, 06:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Direct port dry
Old 12-22-2005, 07:49 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robert56
Big or small you guys know where my vote went. Now if going NHRA pro big, then I say a direct port is in order.
Robert
I'm still withholding my vote...I may need to be the tie breaker...it's pretty close. LOL. Seriously to the poster: is the question really asking least expensive possible?
Old 12-22-2005, 08:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Lets look at this, the question is best bang for the buck, not what kit you chose and are running, guys. A DynoTune $299 dry kit can put out the same numbers as a $900 wet NX kit, so which is really the best bang for the buck, and this is what is being asked, right. Getting un biased answers on a question like this is difficult, so take results with a grain of salt and just use common sense.
Robert
Old 12-22-2005, 08:55 PM
10 Second Club

Lets look at this, the question is best bang for the buck, not what kit you chose and are running, guys. A DynoTune $299 dry kit can put out the same numbers as a $900 wet NX kit, so which is really the best bang for the buck, and this is what is being asked, right. Getting un biased answers on a question like this is difficult, so take results with a grain of salt and just use common sense.
Robert
More like a shaker full of salt. LOL. Robert - show me the monkey!! There is always a monkey in the works. Let's say for the sake of argument (I know what you are thinking...you are going to school me like a punk so show me you got game. (I'm around that kind of talk all day...sorry) Put an equal cars one dry one wet, same numbers, the drivers are twins and linked telepathically (for argument's sake, now) they race, both have a perfect light...follow my absurd scenario so far? But I AM SERIOUS...who is more likely to win the heads up race? Wet or Dry? And defend your answer. Please.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Robert
Nice try Robert. Comparing the least expensive dry kit available to the most expensive wet kit. Your own company sells a wet kit for $329...Correct?

Honestly you can make the same power with either kit, but it will be easier to do wet....
Old 12-22-2005, 09:57 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

I did not think a base dry kit could put out 500 hp. I may be wrong..
I vote wet for will we all know why..... But here it is, if you start with a dry becuase its cheap later in life you will switch to wet.. 88.98% people do Just kidding do not know the odds.. but lets say you do, then you will pay for a dry to wet converstion that finally number will cost you more than just buying the wet kit first.. And if you only want to spray 35-50-75hp the wet can do that no biggie. And as your needs grow you can keep uping the power easier with a wet kit... all the way up to 250 with nothing more than a jet change... Most people in the industry are spraying below 200hp, there are some that spray more but trust me way more are below that hp number.. Remember nitrous is to have fun. You can by a wet kit, start using it as a dry, then switch to wet at no extra cost to you since you already have the parts. dyno it dry, then dyno it wet...
hmmm my $$$$ the wet will make you a lot happier..
Now whos kits, thats another thread LOL that you might start after desiding dry or wet...
Ricky
Old 12-22-2005, 10:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Macon
More like a shaker full of salt. LOL. Robert - show me the monkey!! There is always a monkey in the works. Let's say for the sake of argument (I know what you are thinking...you are going to school me like a punk so show me you got game. (I'm around that kind of talk all day...sorry) Put an equal cars one dry one wet, same numbers, the drivers are twins and linked telepathically (for argument's sake, now) they race, both have a perfect light...follow my absurd scenario so far? But I AM SERIOUS...who is more likely to win the heads up race? Wet or Dry? And defend your answer. Please.
That is the most loaded question I have heard. first, I wasn't talking to you in my above reply, but to everyone in general, as this has been gone over so many times and people can't seem to honest about it.
If your running a dual nozzle dry set-up, it will often hit a little softer because of line lenghts and having the tee inline. But, that is not the draw back it seems, it will allow a seasoned driver to hook up, whereas, the all in one torque monster wet hit may have to pedal off the line. See how this is going, just absolutly to many variables to answer with any real decession. It can go the other way also, a guy running slicks might be able to hook up.
You can look at it like this also, say the wet does get a good hole shot because of the extra torque all at once, well this is another area that a soft hitting and later to come on torque spike is a real gain. If you can spread the torque out longer, like a dry, you will win more races that a super spike off the line, an absolute proven fact. So the implication that a wet can some how out run a dry is really not true. Why do you think a lot of the pro guys run multi stage dry hits, because they are weak? Dry can be a little harder to set up when going big, and this is what keeps some from using it.
Robert
Old 12-22-2005, 10:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by cantdrv65
Nice try Robert. Comparing the least expensive dry kit available to the most expensive wet kit. Your own company sells a wet kit for $329...Correct?

Honestly you can make the same power with either kit, but it will be easier to do wet....
Now this wasn't brand comparison thing, but rather the broad spectrum of costs. If you want a small hit, you can do it cheaply dry based. I wasn't aware that ND had a wet kit for $329, I thought our lowest cost kit was a base dry kit at $399, and base wet kit at $469, which are not the best bang for the buck. But, I tried to keep ND directly out of this, so as not to inspire, you are just trying to sale product. rather I was trying to make a point, as the poster was asking best bang for the buck.
Robert
Old 12-22-2005, 10:47 PM
10 Second Club

That is the most loaded question I have heard. first, I wasn't talking to you in my above reply, but to everyone in general, as this has been gone over so many times and people can't seem to honest about it.
If your running a dual nozzle dry set-up, it will often hit a little softer because of line lenghts and having the tee inline. But, that is not the draw back it seems, it will allow a seasoned driver to hook up, whereas, the all in one torque monster wet hit may have to pedal off the line. See how this is going, just absolutly to many variables to answer with any real decession. It can go the other way also, a guy running slicks might be able to hook up.
You can look at it like this also, say the wet does get a good hole shot because of the extra torque all at once, well this is another area that a soft hitting and later to come on torque spike is a real gain. If you can spread the torque out longer, like a dry, you will win more races that a super spike off the line, an absolute proven fact. So the implication that a wet can some how out run a dry is really not true. Why do you think a lot of the pro guys run multi stage dry hits, because they are weak? Dry can be a little harder to set up when going big, and this is what keeps some from using it.
Robert
Thanks for taking the time. I'm catching on...you are patient with me! Thanks.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:30 PM
TECH Resident

Hey!!! all I did was vote! hahah
Old 12-23-2005, 12:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by NitrousDirect
Hey!!! all I did was vote! hahah
Dry I suspect? not really, another wet guy.
Robert
Old 12-23-2005, 12:18 AM
Board Certified Idiot

i Vote Wet.. as for brand Name i guess its prefrence. But you do get what you pay for. read them all see what turns you on..i seem to like NX,and the "Venom computerized nitrous system"
Old 12-23-2005, 01:12 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Either wet or Dry.Decide what works best for your needs and your application.If price is a factor it will be cheaper to go dry. Juts make sure to atleast get a windowswitch for safety. Either way Dan and Dean run a nice clean buisness and they will take care of you. If you need any tech help feel free to hit us up.
Dave
Old 12-23-2005, 01:58 AM
11 Second Club

thankx for all the replys ok i am leaning toward the wet kit so who make s a good kit i don't wanna spend a arm and leg but my ol lady only puting out around 700 bucks toward my set up so im going wet do i need a window swirch for that? ok and is a purge kit nessary for a weekend racer / daily driver i wanna shot 100-150 shot the guys with there mustangs all have spray so i wanna go out with a fight i lost a rae to night in a friend of mines 99 z28 i got sprayed
Old 12-23-2005, 02:10 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We carry many systems to choose from. You may want to look at our christmas specials. WE have a dual nozzle system on special thjat is hard to beat.It has the 300 HP iceman lifetime warrenty solenoids with purge port desighn,the new 45 valve with a pressure gauge port and heater pressure sensor port, quick release stainless bottle brackets,High flow ys,jetting up to 300 hp,dual shark nozzle,slp smooth bellow,NHRA fitting,blow down tube,nitrous presure gauge and all the rest you expect to>LOL

The system is on special with your choice of white or black bottle.With smooth bellows 599.99 with out 549.99

A window switch is a must for safety. WE carry a MSD Digital for 95.00 or a TRick dual window switch with anygear lock out feature and tps for 129.00.
A bottle heater and purge will help the system work to its full potential.You can always add them later.

Here is the link to the specials.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/416742-christmas-specials.html
Dave