Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wot switch install option, mounted

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 08:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wot switch install option, mounted

Decided in the mounting of wot switch. Will be brushed and then painted.

Old 12-22-2005, 09:13 PM
TECH Addict

Pretty much what us vette guys have to do
Old 12-22-2005, 09:54 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

Nice set up.

A quick question.

So, the wot switch has to be pushed ( you have to be WOT ) before you can spray. But can you set it to where you dont spray every time you to wot?

And guy above me, thats not a vette, its a gto.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:04 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

nice bracket!
you still need a toggle, and that will break the connetion... I personelly do not like a switch under a pedal.. These cars are getting smarter and smarter, and you can slamm the throttle faster than the throttle blade moves... GM slows the travel down a bit, kind of like power controll..

Ricky .
Old 12-22-2005, 10:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sgt. Spuds
Nice set up.

A quick question.

So, the wot switch has to be pushed ( you have to be WOT ) before you can spray. But can you set it to where you dont spray every time you to wot?

And guy above me, thats not a vette, its a gto.
I think he is referencing the electronic throttle contol on the corvette requires similar install.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
nice bracket!
you still need a toggle, and that will break the connetion... I personelly do not like a switch under a pedal.. These cars are getting smarter and smarter, and you can slamm the throttle faster than the throttle blade moves... GM slows the travel down a bit, kind of like power controll..

Ricky .
You may be right. I did receive a better dyno with the abs fuse removed, even with traction control off. With on, I do feel the pedal pushing back at me. I will test it when complete and relocate if an issue.

Thanks
Old 12-22-2005, 10:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like it. Standard for years. You guys are talking torque mangement, and there are software fixes for it, dump it and you won't have any issues. Say you have a TPS, isn't torque management going to overide this also? I added your pic to my stash to counter the overpriced TPS sws.
Robert
Old 12-22-2005, 11:01 PM
On The Tree

Great points Robert. Come to think of it, during my last dynotune (by Jeremy Fomato), we did not remove abs, I am sure the torque management is gone. I think this is the way to go for me.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:06 AM

Tq, Mgmt, can control many things mostly timing tables. The delay on the throttle responce I do not think is an adjustable table, need to do a little research.. I have notice on the 05 GTO I play a little with you could deck the throttle and the throttle did not match the foots speed, you could feel the throttle blade delay... Just be carefull that all.. Now with a tps switch in the line links your nitrous system directly to the throttle blade not your foot.. I guess you run booth for that redudant safetything ..
Ricky
Old 12-23-2005, 12:11 AM
On The Tree

The 05 is drive by wire, 04 cable. I plan on making this a safe system. Will tune after install, and monitor A/F with my wideband.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:13 AM

sweet... Safety is always cool even if costs a little.. still think is was a nice bracket..by the way which nitrous kit you got..?
Ricky
Old 12-23-2005, 12:19 AM
On The Tree

I pieced it together over a little time. NX stage six N20 solenoid, nozzle, lines.
A few dynotune lines, fpss. CF purge, tank. MSD window switch. Shopping for bottle opener and heater (pressure type).

Getting ready to wire. May have a few questions for you on this.

Thanks again
Old 12-23-2005, 01:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeremy Formato, I here good things about him, a good tuner, i am sure he has you set up correctly. Good luck. Your pieced together kit sounds like mine.
Robert
Old 12-23-2005, 01:18 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like the install is almost finished.We carry many different brand heaters.Some thermostatically controlled and some controlled with a pressure switch.WE also offer a few different brand bottle openers. However Dyno yune has a killer deal going right now on a heater kit for 109.00. And they use a nice pressure switch that is adjustable.
For that price you can not beat it.So I would take advantage of that why its available.
Dave
Old 12-23-2005, 01:23 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Looks like the install is almost finished.We carry many different brand heaters.Some thermostatically controlled and some controlled with a pressure switch.WE also offer a few different brand bottle openers. However Dyno yune has a killer deal going right now on a heater kit for 109.00. And they use a nice pressure switch that is adjustable.
For that price you can not beat it.So I would take advantage of that why its available.
Dave
Thats class Dave. Thank you. You got my business when its time for the opener. Which would be right now if it wasn't the season for giving.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:27 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LOL, I just had to go shopping with the boss. I know all about the season for giving with all the little ones in our family.
Dave

Quick Reply: wot switch install option, mounted