Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Critique My new Nitrous Plan

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 05:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Critique My new Nitrous Plan

Ok here goes, this is a cam only LT1(gm 847) with all the bolt ons, 2800 stall, 4.33's and dailey driver, will be getting a fresh forged short block before I hit it with all of this but want to set it up once and be done with it. The nitrous plan is as follows: 2 10lb bottles in the Spare tire well(will they fit?) both open and running a -4 line to a Y that will be -4,-4 in and -6 out running to the front. I have a wet kit with purge, purge is being converted to a dry shot. The -6 line will run to the front and be Y' ed out to two -4 lines, one to the dry solenoid and the other as short as possible to the wet kit noid. The dry shot will be set at 100hp and the wet at 200hp. I will be using a stand alone fuel system for the wet kit and a fuel pressure system increase style and spraying the dry behind the MAF. I am still running stock injectors, PCM and 255lph intake pump so I really don't think the pre MAF spray would work for me. I will also be using a FJO controller set as follows: Dry kit set on time to 100% as traction allows and then off when second gear hits, The wet stage will be set to start at 3k and shut off just before the shift, reaching 100% as traction allows. Both stages will be switch activated to 100%, so when in 3rd gear just hold the activation switch for the combined 300shot. For the street the wet kit would just be disabled and the dry kit on for the occasional street light. The reason for running both through a -6 line to the front is that I would still have a purge effect for the wet and a softer hit with hitting the dry out of the hole when Traction is at a premium and a hard shot would result in spin. Any input in appreciated before I call Dave and promise him my first born.

edited so it makes sence
Old 12-24-2005, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

For a 300 shot in a car around your weight I'd lower the rear ratio down to something between 3.0:1 and 3.3:1 if it was me.
Also depending on your converter, your 2800 stall may turn into a 4000 stall when you push the 300 shot, so keep that in mind you may have to swap it later.

I wouldn't run the big line from the back. I would run two smaller ones and not worry about the purge.
Anytime the nitrous sees an increase of area inside the line you lose some pressure and some cooling effect you won't be getting in the intake.
The bigger line also wastes a lot of nitrous that never makes it into the engine.
JMO
Old 12-24-2005, 01:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A single -4 line is reported to be good for a 400hp hit, something to keep in mind.
Robert
Old 12-24-2005, 11:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ok thanks guys, so a single -4 line would be sufficent for my plans? I though I saw someone the other day say it petered out at 250. So should I have both bottles open and yed into the single line going forward or run 2 completeley seperate systems? I have 3.23 gears in it right now so if the 4.30's are to much I can alway switch back, my converter is really too tight for the way it sits now so if it flashed to 4k it would be right on the money. Thanks for the input guys
Old 12-24-2005, 11:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

1) Those low of gears and spraying are a bad combination in my .02
2) I'm running a -4 to a 2 stage dry now, off 2 bottles. I'm getting ready to seperate
bottles to run my new D.P. off one. It'll make my install easier.
Hawk
Old 12-25-2005, 01:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert56
A single -4 line is reported to be good for a 400hp hit, something to keep in mind.
Robert
i thought that was only when the line was straight? i know Mike at Cold Fusion said i should go with an AN-6 line..... or was he trying to sell me more goodies?
Old 12-25-2005, 02:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ramairstyle00
i thought that was only when the line was straight? i know Mike at Cold Fusion said i should go with an AN-6 line..... or was he trying to sell me more goodies?

Thats what I was thinking,

why is it bad to spray with the 4.30's? I still have a stock rear and A4 with corvette servo and some other goodies along with tunning and it shifts like a dream, my goal is to have the 1st gear hit be soft enough not to hurt the drive train, once its rolling I'm not to worried. I was thinking the higher rear gears would take some of the strain off of the tranny. I cuurentley have the 3.23's in there so I guess I could try them and if I don't like it I could change them. Man I wish I had a 9 inch.
Old 12-25-2005, 02:16 AM
TECH Addict

ur gonna try to hit it with a 300 shot on a 4L60E and 10 bolt? you got ***** man lol
Old 12-25-2005, 02:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

ur gonna try to hit it with a 300 shot on a 4L60E and 10 bolt? you got ***** man lol

Yeah I guess we will see what goes first and replace as we go.
Old 12-25-2005, 05:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, that's ideal conditions. Now depending on how many 90*'s what noids, filter and numerous other things, can effect this 400hp. I use -4 for 200hp shot, and will upgrade or add additonal line for higher level. Only you can really determine whether to upgrade. I have a complicated system with mucho extra fittings and tee's (dual kits), so that is why I will change mine if upping shot or adding another stage. I would feel comfortable running a 250/300 shot on a reg straight line to noid set-up, though, on -4 line. So, in conclusion, you may have told Mike something he reconized as a problem and thus suggesting to upsize, better safe than sorry sometimes.
Robert
Old 12-25-2005, 08:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

OK so I guess I will go -6 as I don't want to do this twice, and the shot will inevitably go up later.
Old 12-26-2005, 01:55 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Robert56
So, in conclusion, you may have told Mike something he reconized as a problem and thus suggesting to upsize, better safe than sorry sometimes.
Robert

yea, i told em i want to set it on kill some day