Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dry/wet combo Q.

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 03:17 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dry/wet combo Q.

Suppose I have a stock tune 1998 pcm with a competent fuel system and run a 5177 dry. I could tune the 100hp crank NOS kit by varying the distance from the maf? And what would be ideal timing? Will the timing change during spray through the maf ? What would be the ideal safe voltage from the O2?
Then to say I add a wet 100rwhp nitrous kit to this? what nitrous jet and what fuel jet to start out with? Then what voltage on the o2 would be ideal for a safe run with a stock tune? I could tune this AFR with fuel jet changes. starting out from rich to lean. What kind of timing would I see on a stock tune and what should it be? for a total of 100 crank hp and 100rwhp jets, what is the rec'd timing, o2 voltage, fuel jets to start out with. Im trying to be safe but learn in the process.
Old 01-07-2006, 12:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your on the right track and seem to have the basic understanding of what to look for. I would not recomend using your stock 02s to tune the car. A wideband is much better.

I will answer more later. I have to run. But im sure others will chime in as well.