Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Got nitrous bottle opener? Like it or not?
Yep. Love it. Recommend it.
42.95%
Nope, I manually open it. Never got one.
25.00%
Got it, waste of time/money.
7.05%
I manually open it, but I want a remote opener.
25.00%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Remote Bottle Openers, Yea or Nay?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 10:25 AM
11 & 7 Second Clubs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use the NOS remote opener and love it. I use the big cheater noids on my dry system and believe that the opener will extend their life.
Originally Posted by Rescue Ranger
I've heard from a sponsor, and from a few other members that remote bottle openers have been "real hit and miss."

How was/is your experience with your remote opener? Worth the money?

If you don't have one, why? Just can't be bothered?

Thanks.

*edit* omfg wrong forum i had four LS1Tech windows open at once.. hit 'make thread' in wrong one. Can a mod move please? Sorry for mixup.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:31 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Z2K_MrJ
If you goin to have it located in yout Spare Tire spot, Or a Hard to Reach Area then I would sa yes. If you will have it in reach such as the hump in the back seats then No . use ur Hand. Or Just Be PIMP and get it to say you have it HAHA.
This is the correct answer you are loking for.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TransAm12sec
If you go to the track, wouldn't you have to vent it if it's in the backseat, or in the rear well?
Here in San Diego they require a vent from either location.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:08 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you have to get out of your car to open your bottle...than you need one. nothing like having your bottle off and coming across a 550rwhp cobra rolling down the street than proceeding to engage in a speed contest and shitting all over you cause you didnt have your bottle open.. (this story is strictly fictional and does not resemble actual events )
Old 01-25-2006, 08:14 AM
11 & 7 Second Clubs

This is exactly what happened to me before I got the NOS opener. A tricked-out Cobra pulled-up next to me at a stop light, and my bottle was turned off.
Originally Posted by TNTramair
nothing like having your bottle off and coming across a 550rwhp cobra rolling down the street than proceeding to engage in a speed contest and shitting all over you cause you didnt have your bottle open.. (this story is strictly fictional and does not resemble actual events )
Old 01-25-2006, 10:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Race Car Driver
This is exactly what happened to me before I got the NOS opener. A tricked-out Cobra pulled-up next to me at a stop light, and my bottle was turned off.
Man that sure would suck! Thats why i'm putting mine in back seat, and if i didn't i would sure have a remote.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:48 AM
11 Second Club

Got the NX opener, works great.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:27 AM
Staging Lane

I just picked up the NX opener as well, I will see soon how well it works!

Mine is going in the spare tire well, so i figured it was a good idea to have one.
Old 01-28-2006, 01:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Got NX Opener works Great also
Old 04-24-2006, 03:36 AM
TECH Addict

DynoTune here...will be all wired up a week from today

Old 04-24-2006, 01:19 PM
12 Second Club

Mines in the spare tire well and I didnt get an opener to save money but also to limit myself for using the spray. I dont think its something you need unless you are planning on racing, so this way it keeps me out of trouble. I took out the speaker so all I have to do it pop off the speaker cover and twist the valve. (I can actually do this from inside if i hop in the back seat area, you can open it using this method with the hatch closed.)

So, by not having a opener it limits my spray use and promotes a little safety I guess... but if **** goes down I can very un-discreetly pull the e brake, hop in the back and open it up and Im ready.
note: this would probably take about the same amount of time to open, but the difference is obviously hopping in the back of your car might draw a little suspicion to the competition lol. but I dont care, if Im going to spray let it be known.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

If the bottle is out of hands reach on a street car, then hell yes! on a race car, then no way.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:59 PM
Restricted User

I dont and never had. I wanted to at one time, but feel its $ I could spend elsewhere. Besides, once I mount the bottle in the spare area, I open it and take it out when its empty, no need for an opener. At 200+ shots, only two runs and need to swap bottles.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:10 AM
TECH Resident

If you do decide you're interested in a remote opener we offer the solenoid style openers that are easy to operate, low amp draw and very reliable. Check them out if interested, or let us know if you have any questions at all.

Remote bottle openers
Old 04-29-2006, 09:19 AM
TECH Resident

Mad Max manual style.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Don't have all the parts together for the install yet, BUT, I'm thinking of mounting the big bottle (125 wet hit) on the hump between the back seat. I'll have dual 2 1/2 lb bottles which will be open all the time ... hidden out-of-sight, behind the big bottle. The 2 small bottles (100 wet hit [2nd stage[) will be piped together in case the big bottle isn't enough.

I saw that setup on here and really liked the stealth of the 2nd stage. With this setup, I don't think the remote opener would be worth the cost.

Like most everyone else, if the bottle wasn't reachable, I'd say the remote opener would be a 'must have'.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:39 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JEB99TA
Don't have all the parts together for the install yet, BUT, I'm thinking of mounting the big bottle (125 wet hit) on the hump between the back seat. I'll have dual 2 1/2 lb bottles which will be open all the time ... hidden out-of-sight, behind the big bottle. The 2 small bottles (100 wet hit [2nd stage[) will be piped together in case the big bottle isn't enough..
That's pretty slick... if someone asked you to pull your bottle before a race.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

NX here no issues, and on demand action.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:29 PM
TECH Addict

I had a NX opener on my last kit and loved it. This time around I have instead decided not to get one.

Reason 1 - It's a lot of money. I only planned on spending 500 bucks on this kit with everything and so far I am at 465 with no gauges. After the gauges I am going to be done.

Reason 2 - It never failed, everytime I took my car out I ended up opening the bottle and using it. It was sooo easy to open so it was much more easier to use. And that didn't help with my addiction. Yes I will admit it, I am a nitrous ****. I can't get enough of it. I need help.

Reason 3 - If I have to open it manually then that will keep me from using it more and help with the addiction. Of course I will prolly just open it everytime before I take it out so that's not going to help.

Reason 4 - With the automatic opener, I pretty much opened the bottle when I left the house and closed it when I got home, all that was different was I didn't actually have to turn the valve.

If you want one, get one, they are nice to have. If you don't wanna spend the money on one, then don't.
Old 07-25-2006, 05:01 PM
Teching In

The NX opener has saved me its price in lost nitrous. Also, I never get caught with my "pants down". Leaving the bottle open is a good way to lose $50 worth of nitrous overnight.

I nearly got hurt by some ridiculous NEON around here but my remote switch protected me from that humiliation. Worth the money right there.