Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can a 3.8 get some love ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 09:15 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can a 3.8 get some love ?

I have been doing research the past few days on nitrous for my car (98 3.8 v6 5spd). I have heard that dry nitrous is the most user friendly (for people who have not messed with nitrous before) for our cars. All i am looking to run is at first a 50 shot and then moving to the most a 75-100 shot. Ok i know i need a dry nitrous kit, along with that I was also going to get a window switch and a full throttle switch too be extra safe. What are some brands that you have had good experiance with ?

Here is a kit i have been bidding on...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4607049864

Is that kit complete ? I am wondering is that all i will have to purchase besides a window switch and a full throttle switch ?
Old 01-25-2006, 10:44 AM
FormerVendor

A wet or a dry kit will work for you. Off hand I do not know the size of the injectors on the V6s, but you should be okay with a 50 shot. If you are planning on doing a 100 shot look into the size of you injectors before doing so, or if you do a wet kit it wouldn’t be an issue. WOT switches usually come with nitrous kits, but with it being a used kit it might not. A window switch is a very good idea and a new one can usually be had for around $125. Just a FYI, we do have new dry kits that have a warranty for $309. Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Matt

Originally Posted by 1998flamedCamaro
I have been doing research the past few days on nitrous for my car (98 3.8 v6 5spd). I have heard that dry nitrous is the most user friendly (for people who have not messed with nitrous before) for our cars. All i am looking to run is at first a 50 shot and then moving to the most a 75-100 shot. Ok i know i need a dry nitrous kit, along with that I was also going to get a window switch and a full throttle switch too be extra safe. What are some brands that you have had good experiance with ?

Here is a kit i have been bidding on...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4607049864

Is that kit complete ? I am wondering is that all i will have to purchase besides a window switch and a full throttle switch ?
Old 01-25-2006, 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Get the cheapest dry kit you can find.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Best companies-
Nitrous express
Cold fusion
Dynotune
Harris speed works
NOS
Old 01-25-2006, 06:16 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks everyone for the info
Old 01-25-2006, 10:23 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 02Vortech
Best companies-
Nitrous express
Cold fusion
Dynotune
Harris speed works
NOS
Dont forget. We have a inhouse brand to.....
Old 01-26-2006, 05:26 AM
10 Second Club

daves in house kits are awsome
Old 01-26-2006, 11:10 AM
11 Second Club

Inhouse brand ? Whatever that means i can't find it.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:06 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 02Vortech
Best companies-
Nitrous express
Cold fusion
Dynotune
Harris speed works
NOS
I don't know where you get your information from, but do some more research. You don't even have T&T on there, they should be at least 2nd place. NOS also has at least as good or better reputation than most of the other brands you mention. People really dog NOS pretty good on this board, but their 5177 kit is at least #3 in popularity after the NX & T&T kit, maybe even more popular than being #3.

Dynotune always is on top of some of the newest coolest ****, so they are up there.
As far as Cold Fusion goes, I can tell by your join date that you don't know about all the **** that Nitrous Mike from CFN stirred up enough **** to either just give up his sponsorship, get asked to leave or he may even have banned. Instead of trying to make better stuff, Mike just decided to pass along misinformation & make everyone's stuff look cheap to make his crap look better.

As far as Harris Speed Works goes, I have had no real dealings with them & don't know who's stuff they push.

I'm sure that other people will have different opinions on who's better than the one's that I've picked, but since you are a fairly Newbie, please sit back & read before deciding who makes the best kit, they are all good in their own ways.

In my heart I still believe that NX has the best noid's & customer service.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Nitrous Outlet inhouse brand, I do believe that Daves Quailty is up there with NX's because from what I remember he's mainly using NX parts to put together his custom Nitrous Outlet kits, to me they seem like NX quality kits specifically made for us LSx people. I've installed 3 of his Halo ring kits & everyone's loved them.
Old 01-26-2006, 01:03 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1998flamedCamaro
Inhouse brand ? Whatever that means i can't find it.
At this time our in house meaning Nitrous Outlet kits are pretty much a NX kit with our labels on it.. So for only 499.99 you get 300 HP NX solenoids with purge port desighn,NXs new 45 valve, quick relaeses stainless steel bottle brackets and the petent shark nozzle.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/outlet/...&section_id=96
Old 01-27-2006, 02:38 AM
TECH Regular

Check out my sig.. I had a 3.8 with a compucar wet kit..
Old 01-27-2006, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
sorry i didnt know that
Old 01-27-2006, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

my bad man i forgot some companies also i didnt put them on there according to rank i was just giving him some ideas-
and no i was not on the boards when the **** was stirred i havent been on very long

sorry to make you blow up like that i was just trying to give some ideas.

Originally Posted by jamnut
I don't know where you get your information from, but do some more research. You don't even have T&T on there, they should be at least 2nd place. NOS also has at least as good or better reputation than most of the other brands you mention. People really dog NOS pretty good on this board, but their 5177 kit is at least #3 in popularity after the NX & T&T kit, maybe even more popular than being #3.

Dynotune always is on top of some of the newest coolest ****, so they are up there.
As far as Cold Fusion goes, I can tell by your join date that you don't know about all the **** that Nitrous Mike from CFN stirred up enough **** to either just give up his sponsorship, get asked to leave or he may even have banned. Instead of trying to make better stuff, Mike just decided to pass along misinformation & make everyone's stuff look cheap to make his crap look better.

As far as Harris Speed Works goes, I have had no real dealings with them & don't know who's stuff they push.

I'm sure that other people will have different opinions on who's better than the one's that I've picked, but since you are a fairly Newbie, please sit back & read before deciding who makes the best kit, they are all good in their own ways.

In my heart I still believe that NX has the best noid's & customer service.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Nitrous Outlet inhouse brand, I do believe that Daves Quailty is up there with NX's because from what I remember he's mainly using NX parts to put together his custom Nitrous Outlet kits, to me they seem like NX quality kits specifically made for us LSx people. I've installed 3 of his Halo ring kits & everyone's loved them.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Where did you install the wet nozzle on the 3.8l? The reason I ask is the 3.8 I worked on at one point had the MAF as part of the TB so spraying in front of it wasn't an option and drilling the intake manifold was not a great option since the runners started right behind the TB.
Thanks in advance,
Vinny
Originally Posted by 1998silverbird
Check out my sig.. I had a 3.8 with a compucar wet kit..
Old 01-27-2006, 04:55 PM
TECH Regular

I had the nozzle in the whisper lid.. I sprayed for almost 3 years on that car.. never had a problem with the Mas Air.. The 3.8 is a very strong motor and can be made to be a 12 second car easily.. There are a bunch of guys and girls over at firebirdv6.com putting down 450 plus hp with a turbo kit on a stock motor 3.8.. I own a LS1 now.. my mods are Mac mids, SLP loudmouth 2, lid, mas air, bellows, and slp ram air thing from underneath.. My buddies 96 3.8 camaro with exaust, intake and a 100 shot we are dead even.. everytime I run him on the bottle.. His car makes 307rwhp and 344 rwtq.. His car also weighs 2-300 lbs less then my WS6.. Never the less very good motors.. I will never flame on a 3.8 cause I know what they are capable of..

Last edited by 1998silverbird; 01-27-2006 at 05:03 PM.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:08 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 860 Performance
Where did you install the wet nozzle on the 3.8l? The reason I ask is the 3.8 I worked on at one point had the MAF as part of the TB so spraying in front of it wasn't an option and drilling the intake manifold was not a great option since the runners started right behind the TB.
Thanks in advance,
Vinny
On the 3.8's you can drill/tap the TB for th wet nozzle right after the MAF and before the butterfly. MANY of us have done this and it works fine, and distributes the spray more evenly it seems than in the manifold like you mentioned. There are surely plenty of pictures floating around out there of this setup.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:52 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
definately a great kit. thats the one i have on my camaro and i have run 11.6s at almost 115 with bolt ons a converter and gears. dave is a great guy to deal with and is also a great person to shoot the **** with.