Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Guru's needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 01:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous Guru's needed

Ok, i have EFI NX kit on a 04 gto (100shot), have everything mounted and all that, the "Fuel test port" i removed the nipple thing inside, is that all that needs to be done to that fuel rail?. And when i spray the nitrous into the atmosphere (after the solenoid while disconnected) i cant see the cloud. I see nothing but hear air shooting from it. Second off.. Can i go to a Air Supply store * not for bags, i mean like Propane, Argon, Oxygen store and get a pressure guage there?

-Thanks
Old 02-03-2006, 07:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

All you do is unscrew the center out of the schrader valve. Sounds like you did it right.
I'm kinda confused as to what your question is with the air thing???
You need to test the fuel solenoid, and make sure fuel comes out, and test the nitrous solenoid and make sure a white cloud comes out. If you don't see a white cloud, just hear air, then...
1. make sure there is nitrous in your bottle by weighing it
2. Make sure the bottle is mounted right with the draw tube in the right spot.
3. If you don't have a purge, then hold the solenoid open for a few seconds to get the air out of the line.

BTW, I did an install in an 05 GTO with a NX single fogger EFI kit and that car hauled the mail! It had a Vig stall, DR's, and aftermarket axhaust.... 11.4 @117 with a 100 shot
Kicked out of the track for no cage after his first run.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 860 Performance
BTW, I did an install in an 05 GTO with a NX single fogger EFI kit and that car hauled the mail! It had a Vig stall, DR's, and aftermarket axhaust.... 11.4 @117 with a 100 shot
thats awsome!- do what he said- as for a guage go to your local speed shop or where you go to get your bottle filled and they should have pressure guage- mine was $50 but i kinda wished i had saved that for a digital pressure guage like from dynotune or NX
Old 02-03-2006, 10:07 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

..... 11.4 @117 with a 100 shot
Why, did you go back in time to the mid-90s? I have NHRA and IHRA locally... cage = 9seconds or less....

Is there another form of organized drag racing?
Old 02-03-2006, 10:33 AM
FormerVendor

Frost- Vinny was probably referring to needing a roll bar, not a full cage. By NHRA standards a padded roll bar (not cage) is required for cars running 11.00 - 11.49.

Vinny - That's great to hear! I bet the customer was very pleased.

Discontained - Definately get a guage on there. As for the only hearing air thing, like Vinny said, check to make sure the bottle still has plenty of nitrous in it and that the bottle is mounted correctly to pick up the liquid nitrous at the bottom of the bottle. Humidity can also affect how much of a cloud you will see when purging the line, but you should at least see something.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Frost
Why, did you go back in time to the mid-90s? I have NHRA and IHRA locally... cage = 9seconds or less....

Is there another form of organized drag racing?
Smart ***
We are IHRA here, so 11.49 is the cut off for a roll 'bar', which he didn't have.
Cage is 9.99 or 135mph, so your right.

Jeremy, he is happy as can be. Who wouldn't be with a car as comfortable as the new GTO rippin mid 11's on pump gas.

Last edited by 860 Performance; 02-03-2006 at 10:53 AM.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:24 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Smart ***

C'mon, that first sentence jus' popped in my head as I was reading, no hostile intent I swear. Sorry for being

Old 02-03-2006, 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

No offence taken man. I've yet to read anything on a message board that actually upset me.
Thats the tough thing about message boards too, you can't realy tell if someone is kidding or not.
Cheers,
Vinny

Originally Posted by Frost
C'mon, that first sentence jus' popped in my head as I was reading, no hostile intent I swear. Sorry for being