Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My fuel trims are way off...

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 12:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My fuel trims are way off...

I've got a low cr 408ci waiting for a paxton setup (or possibly kb now that it's finally out). But in the mean time I've been spraying a little N20 at it to keep my boredom at bay. Anyways, I had a solenoid stick open on me (just my luck) and now my fuel trims are way off. What happened was I was in a race the previous night and I think that's when my solenoid was stuck open because my car acted just a bit strange after the race and then all was well. And then about a week later, I refilled my bottle and hooked it up to my car. Then as I started my car, it went CRAZY, so I shut it off immediately and could hear N20 spraying into my motor. So I ran back and turned the bottle off. Then I unhooked the coil packs and turned my car over several times to try and spew any of the N20 out of the intake. And of course when I started the car back up, it had just a little backfire and then made a puff noise that seemed to come from the back of the car. So anyways, I don't have a vacuum leak and my fuel trims are off. Do you guys have any recommendations (besides quit using N20 ) to get my fuel trims back on track. Sorry for the long post, but I appreciate your help big time--Thanks--Andy
Old 02-08-2006, 01:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Wow, you're lucky you still have an engine

Your short term fuel trims should correct themselves as you drive around. Usually only takes one or two 30-45 min drives for them to balance out. Once they're good take a look at your long term fuel trims and they should be right where they were before the accident.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

What tuning software are you using to monitor your fuel trims?
Old 02-08-2006, 07:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LoWeLL216
What tuning software are you using to monitor your fuel trims?
HP tuner...Thanks for the insight, I'll just keep driving and see what happens. Someone else told me to do the same.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

If the Long Term Trims don't come back to where you want them you can always tune them back in yourself. There's plenty of info on how to do it with HP Tuners in the PCM Tuning Section Stickies as well as the help file that comes with HP Tuners. It's easy, even if you're not into tuning.