Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window switch wiring help

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 04:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window switch wiring help

I have a dynotune wet kit and used it a few times to make sure it worked ok. I just got around to installing the window switch and it was easy until I got to the white wire on my baker window switch. The included directions weren't very clear, saying that the white wire goes from the window switch to spot 85 (ground) on my existing relay, to the grounds of the solenoids (I removed the original solenoid ground and figured the new relay ground would work.) The nitrous still sprayed at all rpms. So I figured I was supposed to connect the white wire to the solenoid grounds and then reground the new setup to the chassis. Well, I did this and now, nothing on my nitrous system works except my bottle heater. All fuses are ok. I can get everything to work if, for example, I tap the + wire to the battery. I even removed the window switch and everything is still messed up. Could someone help me with getting it to work again and telling me where to put the white wire?
Old 03-06-2006, 04:55 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Do you have the drawing for this baker switch.
Ricky
Old 03-06-2006, 05:11 PM
Teching In

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze7erz1/s...ws_clr_pic.jpg

Also, my nitrous does work, I just had trouble feeling the 75 shot. My purge still doesn't work, but that could be another issue. Basically, I just need to know exactly what to do with this white wire. I have the tach wire hooked up fine and the window switch led changes from blue to red at 3k rpms like it is supposed to, but I must not have this white wire in the correct spot b/c I can still spray nitrous at rpms besides 3000-6000.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

It sounds like you tapped the white wire from the window switch to the 85 terminal of the relay, and kept the ground.
If thats the case, then cut the ground. The 85terminal on the relay only gets conneted to the white wire from the window switch. No ground, the window switch will ground it only when time to spray.
Hope that helps
Vinny

Originally Posted by FSTLS1
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze7erz1/s...ws_clr_pic.jpg

Also, my nitrous does work, I just had trouble feeling the 75 shot. My purge still doesn't work, but that could be another issue. Basically, I just need to know exactly what to do with this white wire. I have the tach wire hooked up fine and the window switch led changes from blue to red at 3k rpms like it is supposed to, but I must not have this white wire in the correct spot b/c I can still spray nitrous at rpms besides 3000-6000.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 860 Performance
It sounds like you tapped the white wire from the window switch to the 85 terminal of the relay, and kept the ground.
If thats the case, then cut the ground. The 85terminal on the relay only gets conneted to the white wire from the window switch. No ground, the window switch will ground it only when time to spray.
Hope that helps
Vinny
Correct.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 860 Performance
Hope that helps
Vinny
Thank you so much Vinny! I will try it tomorrow and post if it works out.
Old 03-07-2006, 02:31 AM

Heres is a drawing I had with a fpss in line. If not using one just omit and run the wire to the relay as shown.

Hope this helps.

Ricky
Old 03-07-2006, 08:26 PM
Teching In

It worked! I kinda feel stupid now, but thanks for the informative comments and great diagram. I had searched for about 3 hours on this stuff and never got a solid diagram or answer until now. Thanks!
Old 03-07-2006, 09:53 PM

your welcome.
Ricky