Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Plate kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 03:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plate kit

I was wondering if a plate kit is was better than the standard nitrous hookup? I have my nitrous kit already but i have been thinking about a plate kit. Where can i find one that fits my stock 98 w.s.6?

Thanks guys,

Miguel
Old 03-11-2006, 04:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Depending on the design of the plate and placement there may be certain advantages to the plate. Distribution being one of them. But that could go both ways. A poorly designed plate could induce ditribution problems as well. Just buy one that is provem and you shouldnt have a problem. We know nozzles work well if placed properly and at the HP levels everyone generally uses of 100-175.

What shot size are you running?

Give Nitro Dave a call on the plate. He has a nice one that I have seen and dynoed myself and it works great. He is a sponsor on the right>>>
Old 03-11-2006, 06:00 PM
TECH Addict

LS1 plate kits currently out are NOS, and Nitrous Dave. Nitrous Direct is going to have one availible soon.

I am putting a NDave Plate on my C-5 end of this month. Here are some pics 30thz took for me of the unit he won (which I bought).

I am setting up a dry shot, will test that on the dyno, then the plate will be set up and tested, then shots will be brought down to get an effective two stage (within the limits of my stock fuel system).

What I am very interested in is comparing the dry to the wet (on the same car), HP, Torque within the A/F limits. Naturally I will post what I find on this board
Old 03-12-2006, 01:52 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for the info guys.383LQ4SS Im going to run a 150 wet shot.

Beer99C5 Nice plate. Ill probably give dave a call.

If i decide to just stick with the nozzle, Where is the best place for it again??

Thanks again,

Miguel