Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Dave's Trick Window Switch Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 09:23 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Riddlerls1
using a fpss, would it matter if you ran it inline between #85 on the relay and the window switch , VS running it inline between the window switch in the chassis ground? would it make any difference where you put it in the ground circuit.

The only benefit i could see is that one way if the fpss trips it wont turn off the window switch just the relay, but if you wired it btwn the chassis ground and the window switch it would shut of the entire window switch correct?

would one way be better than the other?
Your FPSS can break any low amp circuit. Turning the relay or the switch off accomplishes the same thing, lose of power to the relay killing the power to the noids, shutting it all down.
IF you go throu fpss for the ground for your window switch and that window switch has a read out, you could easliy tell if the fpss is working or not. YOu would not see anything on the read out, IF you do not enough fuel pressure to close the contact on that FPSS.
Kinda of a tell tell if you should even try the nitrous a warning light for fuel pressure I guess you could call it.
Sorry for the delay in answering the ? got side tract.
Ricky
Old 03-29-2006, 09:38 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I guess we will need to work on the diagram alittle.
Dave
Old 03-29-2006, 09:40 AM
On The Tree

alright thanx, ill go through the fpss switch for the ground of my window switch then.
Old 04-02-2006, 02:40 PM
Staging Lane

maybe i missed it but where do you get rpm signal from on the ls1?i'll be doing the install on a m6 vette and i need a window switch.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:06 PM
11 Second Club

Sorry to bring back a dead thread.....but I'm having trouble with this one also. Is there a revised diagram out there somewhere? I'm using a FPSS with the NX MAF kit. I want to get this thing working. I don't want to buy a TPS and MSD window switch. This thing does everything once it's working correctly
Old 07-03-2006, 07:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have an updated wiring diagram NXRicky did.

PM me your email address and I'll email you the diagram.
I'm too lazy right now to upload it.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:29 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 860 Performance
I have an updated wiring diagram NXRicky did.

PM me your email address and I'll email you the diagram.
I'm too lazy right now to upload it.
PM sent.......
Old 07-03-2006, 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

email sent.
Originally Posted by Mike 02T/A
PM sent.......
Old 07-04-2006, 08:05 AM
9 Second Club

I had the same deal. You dont have to use the blue TPS pickup wire if your using the the green rpm signal.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

You do need to use the blue wire.
The only expetion is if you use a WOT switch wired up to the pos side of the relay coil, and use the window switch on the neg side of the relay coil.

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
I had the same deal. You dont have to use the blue TPS pickup wire if your using the the green rpm signal.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here is the diagram mentioned before.

This is from Ricky.

Old 07-05-2006, 01:04 PM
9 Second Club

You do need to use the blue wire.
The only expetion is if you use a WOT switch wired up to the pos side of the relay coil, and use the window switch on the neg side of the relay coil.
Thats exactly how I have it wired up. My buddie allread had the Jimmy Jams bracket with the micro switch. So I called Dave and asked him. I am closing the ground thru Daves window switch on the relay #85. Not using a two stage kit so Blue and Orange were not used.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:29 PM
FormerVendor

Did you get it working? IF not give me a call.
Dave
Old 07-18-2006, 12:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Since I am running a single stage, I will not need the orange wire. I will however have to have the blue wire going to the TPS switch though, as that diagram shows. Since I am not running a mechanical WOT switch, the ACC goes directly to the 86 relay. What do I do with the white wire? I see in the diagram it touching the ACC wire, but what is the purpose?

As stated above...I do not need to wire blue wire to TPS if I am using the green wire for the tach? Even though it will spray at the window I give it with the tach signal, how will the system know it's WOT without wiring the blue signal to the TPS? I do not need to run the blue wire unless I have a mechanical WOT switch hooked up?
Old 07-18-2006, 12:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

The white wire powers up the window switch.

You do need to use the blue wire since you have acc power to pin 86 on the relay.

Originally Posted by blind527
Since I am running a single stage, I will not need the orange wire. I will however have to have the blue wire going to the TPS switch though, as that diagram shows. Since I am not running a mechanical WOT switch, the ACC goes directly to the 86 relay. What do I do with the white wire? I see in the diagram it touching the ACC wire, but what is the purpose?
Old 07-18-2006, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

The white wire powers up the window switch.

You do need to use the blue wire since you have acc power to pin 86 on the relay.

Ah ok, so since I AM directly connecting the ACC to pin 86 on the relay, I have to use the blue TPS wire. That's what I figured. Thanks again!
Old 11-12-2006, 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Hey I'm sorry to revive this one yet again, but I think I've almost got the wiring figured out using this trick window switch.

My question is what is the preferred location for the FPSS in this wiring scheme? I thought the common place was interrupting the yellow run from the trick window/wot switch to #85? However this thread indicates you could use it to interrupt the window switch ground? Is either more advantageous?

And out of curiosity, could you also wire the FPSS in the ground for the fuel and nitrous noids? Seems like that should work too.

One other question...whats the recommended fuse rating that should be inline between the battery and #30 on the main relay?

Thanks guys, there's been alot of extremely helpful folks in this thread.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:23 PM
FormerVendor

The fpss will go between the yellow wire and the relay.
Dave
Old 11-23-2006, 02:01 PM
TECH Resident

sorry to bring back a dead thread but I just installed trick window switch yesterday. My question is I tapped the blut tps wire to the #24 wire that runs off the PCM. It says on step 8 to flip the throttle to WOT momentarily to set it. Does the car have to be running to do this or just on. I cant start my car due to being down for a clutch. It didnt do anything when I went to WOT. Is something not hooked up right. Its pretty simple to wire up and I wired it just like the diagram above.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:46 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99WS7
sorry to bring back a dead thread but I just installed trick window switch yesterday. My question is I tapped the blut tps wire to the #24 wire that runs off the PCM. It says on step 8 to flip the throttle to WOT momentarily to set it. Does the car have to be running to do this or just on. I cant start my car due to being down for a clutch. It didnt do anything when I went to WOT. Is something not hooked up right. Its pretty simple to wire up and I wired it just like the diagram above.
key on engine off, u don't want to rev ur engine at WOT LOL . i cant remember what step u have to put at in order to use ur TPS as a wot switch or else u won't see anything if it's not setup to the TPS signal

Quick Reply: Nitrous Dave's Trick Window Switch Wiring