Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Dave's Trick Window Switch Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 08:36 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well thats what I figured, that would be pretty dumb to have the motor on a rev it to WOT. The directions say to hold the number two button while you flip the throttlt to WOT. When I do this, it doensn't do anything. I have the blue wire spliced in the the #24 wire coming off the PCM so its wired corretly. Im not sure whats wrong? It doesnt do anything when I go to WOT.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:25 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Bringing it back once again..

Im wiring up a dual stage, FPSS, WOT switch and trick WS. Now, this is what Ive got. Can anybody confirm this?

On the window switch:
~white- 12v Switch wire
~black- ran to the FPSS then grounded
~yellow- 1st stage relay pin 85
~orange- 2nd stage realy pin 85
~green- tach signal from PCM
~Blue- tied in to the WOT switch output connector. Ive got pin 86 on both relays tied together then going to the output on the WOT switch, this is also where the blue wire from the WS is connected. The input wire to the WOT switch is the ACC wire from the toggle switch. (This is the part thats confusing me) Is this correct? Or am I doing it wrong? I havent tested it yet just to be sure. and I have a few things to clean up.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:02 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by Z'mnypit
Bringing it back once again..

Im wiring up a dual stage, FPSS, WOT switch and trick WS. Now, this is what Ive got. Can anybody confirm this?

On the window switch:
~white- 12v Switch wire THRU TOGGLE SWITCH?
~black- ran to the FPSS then grounded CORRECT IF YOU CAN SEE THE READOUT YOUWILL KNOW IF FP IS OK
~yellow- 1st stage relay pin 85 CORRECT
~orange- 2nd stage realy pin 85 CORRECT
~green- tach signal from PCM CORRECT OR TRIGGER WIRE AT COIL
~Blue- tied in to the WOT switch output connector. Ive got pin 86 on both relays tied together then going to the output on the WOT switch, this is also where the blue wire from the WS is connected. The input wire to the WOT switch is the ACC wire from the toggle switch. (This is the part thats confusing me) Is this correct? Or am I doing it wrong? I havent tested it yet just to be sure. and I have a few things to clean up.
THE BLUE WIRE IN YOUR CONFIG DOES NOT HAVE TO BE CONNECTED, JUST SET THE BOX TO NO TPS/WOT. YOUR WOT SWITH IS CONTROLLING THE HOT SIDE OF THE RELAY. IF YOU DID NOT HAVE THE WOT THEN THAT WIRE WOULD CONNECT DIRECTLY TO THE TPS OUTPUT SIGNAL WIRE.
Sorry for all caps.

I would put the white wire and the WOT input wire to toggle switch ACC. Toggle power to the keyed source. The Blue wire and your 86pin wires can be connected to the output of your WOT switch. But since you have a WOT no need to connect the blue wire to anything. just turn that feature off. I only say this becuase you are using the WOT switch.
The rest of the wiring looks good.

The way you have it wired the switch will be on when ever the car is started. And if you get into the window the Trick Switch will send ground to the relay. Not a big deal, I just do not like have stuff on unless I am using it.

Hope this helps.

Ricky

Last edited by NXRICKY; 02-20-2007 at 09:12 AM.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:04 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

Originally Posted by Z'mnypit
Are you trying to use the TPS activation feature or are you wanting to use a WOT switch?

If you are wanting to use a WOT switch wire it inline on pin 86 and do not use the blue wire

If you are wanting to use TPS activation ignore the WOT switch and run pin 86 straight to the activation switch and tie the blue wire into the TPS sensor
Old 02-20-2007, 09:08 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
Sorry for all caps.

Hope this helps.

Ricky
beat me to it
Old 02-20-2007, 09:28 AM
10 Second Club

Sorry for all caps.

I would put the white wire and the WOT input wire to toggle switch ACC. Toggle power to the keyed source. The Blue wire and your 86pin wires can be connected to the output of your WOT switch. But since you have a WOT no need to connect the blue wire to anything. just turn that feature off. I only say this becuase you are using the WOT switch.
The rest of the wiring looks good.

The way you have it wired the switch will be on when ever the car is started. And if you get into the window the Trick Switch will send ground to the relay. Not a big deal, I just do not like have stuff on unless I am using it.

Hope this helps.

Ricky
Right the power isnt on at the switch until you flip the toggle in the up position. It has the power sorce there but doesnt come on. But I see what your saying, hook the WS to the toggle so it will only be on when the kit is on. Awesome, so everything is good, as far as wiring goes. So take the blue wire on the WS and just tuck it away not using it and turn the feature off in the WS? Thast sounds even better.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:39 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

IF you already have the blue connect just set the switch for WOT 12volt. NO need in cutting the wiring up. Just Redundant thats all.
Got any pics of your install to post up?
Ricky
Old 02-20-2007, 09:45 AM
10 Second Club

IF you already have the blue connect just set the switch for WOT 12volt. NO need in cutting the wiring up. Just Redundant thats all.
Got any pics of your install to post up?
Ricky
Ill just take it off, Im going to move the WOT to under the hood anyways. Ill take some today and post up them up tonight or tommorw. Its a dual stage plate system from dave, 860 heated bottle bracket, trick window switch. I had to fabricate all the mounting brackets beings the kit didnt come with any. But so far everything is real clean and the owner is happy.

Quick Reply: Nitrous Dave's Trick Window Switch Wiring