Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Dave's Trick Window Switch Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 04:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Nitrous Dave's Trick Window Switch Wiring

Nitrous Dave's Trick Window Switch Wiring documentation sucks. It looks like a color document that gets printed black and white.

Anyway, from what I can gather this is how I'm going to wire it:

12v+ to WOT switch to Blue Wire and set it to hot wot switch
yellow to ground on relay
white to arm switch
black to ground
green to tach

Can someone confirm this for me? I want it to ground the nitrous solenoid (dry kit) relay for activation, which is how it works as I understand the parts that are printed legibly. This is my first kit so if someone can confirm this, I'd appreciate it. Thanks
Old 03-13-2006, 04:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

yes that is correct...i have the same switch only im running mine of tps and it works awsome

you want 12v going to the relay and the yellow wire of the box to go to the ground of the relay...then 12v the the switch side and then ground to the noids then ground the noids
Old 03-13-2006, 04:41 PM
Staging Lane

cool thanks

I'll move on to checking with a voltmeter now.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:06 PM
Teching In

Here is what we send people through email when they request it.

I'll notify dave of your trouble with the instructions and we will take a look at them.

Thanks,
Justin
Old 03-13-2006, 05:26 PM
Staging Lane

the intructions I got, anything in yellow or white couldn't be seen, but you could tell it was there when it crossed something in black. I'd take more of a look at that. You should put it on your website with your documentation stuff.

Mine is wired the same except my wot is hot and goes to blue. I set the option to hot wot, but should I rewire or the way that it I have it wired should work?
Old 03-13-2006, 05:54 PM
On The Tree

i have the same switch and am fixing to wire it up. I am going to use it instead of a WOT switch. Which wire do you splice into coming out of the Throttle position sensor to receive the tps voltage. I know its the blue wire coming out of the trick window switch but which wire do you connect it to on the TPS?
Old 03-13-2006, 06:45 PM
Staging Lane

sorry man, don't have electronic throttle control
Old 03-13-2006, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

My.02 the Sponsors and i mean all the sponsors do an excellent job on clarifying thier products. And the respective installs. The days of buying a
product and fending for yourself are long gone.
SPONSORS
Hawk
Old 03-13-2006, 07:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by shizon
sorry man, don't have electronic throttle control
fbods have throttle position sensors too not just electronic throttle controlled cars (vettes) but if you are carbureted then i see what you mean.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:25 PM
10 Second Club

well I got the same 1 but I'm running a dual stage and want to know how do u wire it up so 1 stage hit first then the secound stage hit
can some 1 explain this to me
Old 03-13-2006, 10:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

well on this switch you can have the first stage come on as soon as you launch and with the gear counting feature of this switch you can choose how many times it has to pass the shutdown rpm before it tell the second stage to come on

1st gear stage one...2nd gear stage 1+2

read the instructions they are pretty simple
Old 03-14-2006, 07:11 AM
Staging Lane

Sorry, I hadn't heard of anyone without an ETC tapping into TPS signal.

Anyway, if this doesn't work, I'll just undo the wot to blue wire and rewire according to the diagram posted above.

Thanks
Old 03-14-2006, 08:47 AM
Staging Lane

btw, does anyone have a list of what the lcd will show when it is working? I know it changes at the rpm pills, but does that mean it's actually grounding or does it only mean you have the pills set up right.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:57 AM
11 Second Club

Found this thread just in time. I am getting ready to install my switch and have a couple of questions about the above wiring diagram.

1. The diagram shows the wire from pole #30 on the relay running to a constant power source (battery). Is there any reason it cannot/should not be run to the same switched power source that is used for the arming switch?

2. I am going to use tps as my WOT trigger rather than a seperate WOT switch. Do I just leave out the WOT switch and run a continuous wire from the ACC pole of the arming switch to pole #86 of the relay?
Old 03-27-2006, 12:53 PM
On The Tree

just leave out the WOT switch and run the wire straight from the main arming switch to #86 on the relay as long as you have the window switch set up right to use the TPS feature. That is what i am planning on doing.

im not sure about your first question.

i believe all this info will be correct, i havent finished wiring mine up yet so....
Old 03-27-2006, 01:04 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by TA455
Found this thread just in time. I am getting ready to install my switch and have a couple of questions about the above wiring diagram.

1. The diagram shows the wire from pole #30 on the relay running to a constant power source (battery). Is there any reason it cannot/should not be run to the same switched power source that is used for the arming switch?

2. I am going to use tps as my WOT trigger rather than a seperate WOT switch. Do I just leave out the WOT switch and run a continuous wire from the ACC pole of the arming switch to pole #86 of the relay?
You can run main power throu the arming switch. That switch can not handle the amp load. #30 needs to go to main power battery or back of the altenator.

#2 correct, the arming switch will send power to the relay, and then the relay will be looking for a ground to make the contacts happen for power to flow to the noids.

Ricky
Old 03-27-2006, 09:35 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
You can run main power throu the arming switch. That switch can not handle the amp load. #30 needs to go to main power battery or back of the altenator.

#2 correct, the arming switch will send power to the relay, and then the relay will be looking for a ground to make the contacts happen for power to flow to the noids.

Ricky
Thanks Ricky. The diagram doesn't show a fuse in the line from #30 to the battery. Should there be one?
John
Old 03-27-2006, 11:02 PM
On The Tree

using a fpss, would it matter if you ran it inline between #85 on the relay and the window switch , VS running it inline between the window switch in the chassis ground? would it make any difference where you put it in the ground circuit.

The only benefit i could see is that one way if the fpss trips it wont turn off the window switch just the relay, but if you wired it btwn the chassis ground and the window switch it would shut of the entire window switch correct?

would one way be better than the other?
Old 03-27-2006, 11:07 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by TA455
Thanks Ricky. The diagram doesn't show a fuse in the line from #30 to the battery. Should there be one?
John
Fuse or circuit breaker will be fine.
Ricky
Old 03-29-2006, 12:57 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Riddlerls1
using a fpss, would it matter if you ran it inline between #85 on the relay and the window switch , VS running it inline between the window switch in the chassis ground? would it make any difference where you put it in the ground circuit.

The only benefit i could see is that one way if the fpss trips it wont turn off the window switch just the relay, but if you wired it btwn the chassis ground and the window switch it would shut of the entire window switch correct?

would one way be better than the other?
anyone got any thoughts?

Quick Reply: Nitrous Dave's Trick Window Switch Wiring