Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What fuel pump?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 08:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What fuel pump?

What fuel pump would be best for a 300-600 HP direct port fogger kit? And what fuel pressure does most of these kits require? I'm sticking with the Aeromotive brand.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:06 AM
FormerVendor

You can jet the DP kit for what ever fuel pressure that you want. Another option might be to run a stand alone system instead of a large external pump.

Matt
Old 03-15-2006, 09:28 AM
FormerVendor

If you are wanting to run a single pump for both the motor and the nitrous system I recommend either the Pro Series (p/n 11102) or the A1000 (p/n 11101) depending on how much power the motor is making N/A.

Another option is the Aeromotive billet belt driven pump (p/n 11105). It's capable of flowing 2700lbs/hr @ 100psi and can support up to 2500hp. It's probably over kill, but it would definately be the last pump you would ever need, lol.

If you are going to run a stand-alone fuel system for the nitrous system then you could use just about any of the Aeromotive pumps. I recommend one of the EFI pumps such as the Eliminator (p/n 11104) or the p/n 11106. Using one of their high/low pressure regulators with one of these EFI pumps will allow you the ability of running the direct port at either low pressure (3-10psi) or high pressure (35-65psi).

NX carries all of the Aeromotive products if you are looking for a place to order any of these parts. Let me know if I can be of any help.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NXJeremy
If you are wanting to run a single pump for both the motor and the nitrous system I recommend either the Pro Series (p/n 11102) or the A1000 (p/n 11101) depending on how much power the motor is making N/A.

Another option is the Aeromotive billet belt driven pump (p/n 11105). It's capable of flowing 2700lbs/hr @ 100psi and can support up to 2500hp. It's probably over kill, but it would definately be the last pump you would ever need, lol.

If you are going to run a stand-alone fuel system for the nitrous system then you could use just about any of the Aeromotive pumps. I recommend one of the EFI pumps such as the Eliminator (p/n 11104) or the p/n 11106. Using one of their high/low pressure regulators with one of these EFI pumps will allow you the ability of running the direct port at either low pressure (3-10psi) or high pressure (35-65psi).

NX carries all of the Aeromotive products if you are looking for a place to order any of these parts. Let me know if I can be of any help.

That's what I'm doing... "Stand alone fuel system for the nitrous kit." I can figure out what pump I need if I know for sure what the nitrous kit fuel pressure requirements are... That is my biggest question... Are these big fogger kits "low pressure" or "high pressure"? <(Fuel?)
Old 03-16-2006, 09:55 AM
FormerVendor

Our systems can be ran at either low pressure (7-10psi) or high pressure (35-65psi). Just let who ever you order it from know what you plan on running it at and you get a jet pack that corresponds to the pressures that you want to run the system at.

That's why I recommend getting an EFI pump for the stand-alone fuel system and get a quality regulator (like the Aeromotive one's) that has the ability to handle both high and low pressure. This way you can try both and see what suits you and your combination best.
Old 03-16-2006, 05:09 PM
11 & 7 Second Clubs

Just be sure to pick one that's larger than you think you need now.
Originally Posted by Dune-LS1
What fuel pump would be best for a 300-600 HP direct port fogger kit? And what fuel pressure does most of these kits require? I'm sticking with the Aeromotive brand.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:57 PM
On The Tree

Our systems can be ran at either low pressure (7-10psi) or high pressure (35-65psi). Just let who ever you order it from know what you plan on running it at and you get a jet pack that corresponds to the pressures that you want to run the system at.

That's why I recommend getting an EFI pump for the stand-alone fuel system and get a quality regulator (like the Aeromotive one's) that has the ability to handle both high and low pressure. This way you can try both and see what suits you and your combination best.
Thanks... That's what I needed to know. I've ran the big kits for years but I didn't know it there were any jet packs available for high pressure pumps. I'd prefer to run it that way for better fuel atomization
Old 03-16-2006, 07:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Do yourself a favor and DON'T stick to Aeromotive. They suck. There are far superior products available.

Do a low-pressure system and use a Magnafuel pump.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ben R
Do yourself a favor and DON'T stick to Aeromotive. They suck. There are far superior products available.

You are the first person I've heard say that... What's wrong with Aeromotive? I've had good luck with them so far. Please, do tell... I'm about to place a huge order with them and if there is something wrong with their products, I really need to know...
Old 03-17-2006, 04:04 AM
TECH Junkie

ill explain it all tomrorow when im not quite so intoxicated
Old 03-17-2006, 09:51 AM
FormerVendor

Do tell Ben, as I have never had a single customer complaint on any of the Aeromotive products we've sold.

On a side note, Dune-LS1, if you decide to try Magna Fuel we sell their products as well. Magna Fuel is a great product and I rank them right alongside Aeromotive. A big advantage in my opinion for Magna Fuel is that it is much easier to get their parts quickly if we need to order something from them, where as with Aeromotive it can sometimes take quite a while due to the way that they make there products (Aeromotive will spend a set amount of time making only one part number, and after that set amount of time they move to the next part number and make only that one for a set amount of time. The production just goes in rotation instead of making all of the part numbers all of the time, which makes getting parts difficult sometimes).

Either company would be a good choice IMO. Let me know if I can help with anything else.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:08 AM
11 & 7 Second Clubs

I agree. Serious race car builders such as Haas and Bickel only put Magnafuel pumps in their cars. Mine is a 500. On the other hand, the cars at this site are street cars, so other pumps will work on such lower hp applications.

Old 03-17-2006, 07:43 PM
On The Tree

Do tell Ben, as I have never had a single customer complaint on any of the Aeromotive products we've sold.

On a side note, Dune-LS1, if you decide to try Magna Fuel we sell their products as well. Magna Fuel is a great product and I rank them right alongside Aeromotive. A big advantage in my opinion for Magna Fuel is that it is much easier to get their parts quickly if we need to order something from them, where as with Aeromotive it can sometimes take quite a while due to the way that they make there products (Aeromotive will spend a set amount of time making only one part number, and after that set amount of time they move to the next part number and make only that one for a set amount of time. The production just goes in rotation instead of making all of the part numbers all of the time, which makes getting parts difficult sometimes).

Either company would be a good choice IMO. Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Thanks for the heads-up. Service is the most important factor in my business. If I can't call you up and get what I need, I will not call you again. Some may think that's a bit harsh, but my customer base and the amount of money I command for my products will not be compromised by a non responsive vender.

I did some checking on Magnafuel and it looks like a great product. Barry Grant makes great stuff too and I have used them in the past with no issues. A Dealer hook-up is what I need... I'll check on that... But I need some parts NOW so this issue needs to be resolved very soon...
Old 03-17-2006, 07:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Race Car Driver
I agree. Serious race car builders such as Haas and Bickel only put Magnafuel pumps in their cars. Mine is a 500. On the other hand, the cars at this site are street cars, so other pumps will work on such lower hp applications.

I'm only building Warhawk block engines with a N/A HP rating of 750 HP and up... and nitrous engines of 1000 HP and up... so I need the best fuel system I can get. I want to stick with "one brand" so I can control cost, fit, and quality... Right now I need five complete fuel systems for the engines, and four complete fuel systems for the nitrous. All cars will be built "for the fuel systems" so I can't change brands after the first car... I gotta get it right the first time.
Old 03-18-2006, 03:00 AM
TECH Junkie

I can't even begin to tell you how many Aeromotive problems I've seen. It seems almost as if the pumps like to just crap out randomly. It's a real hassle dealing with it. I wouldn't put an Aeromotive part on my car if you paid me to do it. The only fuel system products I'll use are Magnafuel, Weldon, and Product Engineering. They are VERY high quality pieces that almost never fail. You can also buy re-build kits for them. That makes maintence a snap.

Like Steve said, chassis builders like Haas, Bickel, Ness, McAmis, Mauney, and RJ will only put Magnafuel pumps on their cars. One Magnafuel 500 pump is enough to supply a 768 Cubic Inch BBC and 4 systems. We never have problems with them either.
Old 03-18-2006, 03:09 AM
TECH Junkie

I'm only building Warhawk block engines with a N/A HP rating of 750 HP and up... and nitrous engines of 1000 HP and up... so I need the best fuel system I can get. I want to stick with "one brand" so I can control cost, fit, and quality... Right now I need five complete fuel systems for the engines, and four complete fuel systems for the nitrous. All cars will be built "for the fuel systems" so I can't change brands after the first car... I gotta get it right the first time.
Here's what you need:

Jaz 2-Gallon Pro-Stock Fuel Cell
Magnafuel MP-4302 Fuel Pump (EFI pump good to 1000 HP)
Magnafuel MP-4601 Fuel Pump (Carb. pump good to 950 HP)
Fuel distribution log

That will be all the fuel system you need. Those are all of the best parts that fit your application.
Old 03-19-2006, 06:44 PM
On The Tree

Here's what you need:

Jaz 2-Gallon Pro-Stock Fuel Cell
Magnafuel MP-4302 Fuel Pump (EFI pump good to 1000 HP)
Magnafuel MP-4601 Fuel Pump (Carb. pump good to 950 HP)
Fuel distribution log

That will be all the fuel system you need. Those are all of the best parts that fit your application.

The Magan Fuel website is great. They have everything in "kits" so ordering was simple. I got the MP-4815 system for the engine and the MP-4816 kit for the nitrous system... I don't need the fuel log because I'm going with "stand alone" systems and the fuel tank is my customers responsibility but I'll inform them of the fitting requirement.

Thanks for the "heads-up" and the referral.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:31 AM
FormerVendor

The Magan Fuel website is great. They have everything in "kits" so ordering was simple. I got the MP-4815 system for the engine and the MP-4816 kit for the nitrous system... I don't need the fuel log because I'm going with "stand alone" systems and the fuel tank is my customers responsibility but I'll inform them of the fitting requirement.

Glad to hear you got what you needed. Good choice with those two setups, you won't be disappointed.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:40 PM
TECH Junkie

No problem. You'll love the Magnafuel stuff.

Quick Reply: What fuel pump?