Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitro Dave's Stock TB plate Dyno and ET comparison.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006 | 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn thats good to know little results like this.
Old 03-28-2006 | 11:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Big Geek
It probably would but I didn't have the fuel jet that I needed to get the A/F ratio closer to the nozzle while using the same HP setting of nitrous. In any event the fact that the plate had a richer mixture causing a richer A/F could have made it appear to be more even but the fact that it still made more power leads me to believe that this plate is on TOP of it's game period. It is my contention that on my combo if the A/F ratios had been identical the there would have been even more of a difference in the final power output. One also needs to understand that this wasn't just total power this plate made slightly more in the low and mid range as well and that is what kicks things into high gear regarding E/T. From what I can tell it is just allot more efficient on my combo.

Ah, I have been waiting for someone to ask about this. Here is the deal on that subject. Being that it was a single fogger and I was comparing it to a plate I gave the fogger nozzle a slight advantage by running the standard NX 125- N2O/Fuel jetting in it. For the plate I used both the N20 jet setting for nozzle but then I actually stepped down two jet sizes just for ***** and giggles and the plate still made more power. As far as I can see it is ALL in the atomization and distribution pattern. That is what makes this plate so productive.

Sure if I wanted to use up more nitrous. The idea as far as I am concerned is to make as much power as possible with a given amount of N2O. What I am trying to say is that it would not make sense to jet the nozzle up to 150-hp to make the same amount of power that I can make with a 125-hp setting with the plate and there-by using less nitrous. I have been running N2O since 1986 and have seen the technology in this field make progress by leaps and bounds. Short of a direct port fogger system I believe this plate is the best I am going to find for my car at this time. I have found this plate to be far more efficient than most any single nozzle can be and I believe that it will prove itself even more one a larger shot of N2O. I am still a firm believer in Nitrous Express and would have bought a plate from them if they had one that had the same features as Dave's, but his was there, the price was right and bolted up without issue (Except for that stupid *** stock bellow I am using). Again these are MY findings and others may have to judge for themselves. I am only a couple of hundred feet above sea level so results may vary some but the fact of the matter is this - Nitro Dave's plate works and works well from what I have seen. I have no bias against other plates but I don't particularly want to fight with a paper gasket when I can get one that has a grove machined in it for a stock GM TB rubber gasket, no muss, no fuss. Anyone that has enough forsight to look out for his customers like that is going to get my business. I am not cheerleading for Dave's but more-so stating the facts of my findings. Now if you want to see me cheerleading take a look at some of his direct port work, I have plumbed several foggers over the years but those gents do some flat out artwork. You have some valid questions and I thank you for them but these are my findings from a very LONG weekend and as such should be taken for what the reader believes they are worth. Thanks again and take care.

Jim C.
Thanks for the full scoop as you see it. I was just wondering as these questions were raised on a nozzle comparison where NX was not at the top, however, this time around it seems that NX is willing to a take a back seat. No problem here, as I am too putting a plate system on my car. I think the plates are going to be hot items, and each company will get their share of sales. glad your happy, and give us some 1/4 mile results when you get a chance.
Robert
Old 03-29-2006 | 07:43 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robert56
Thanks for the full scoop as you see it. I was just wondering as these questions were raised on a nozzle comparison where NX was not at the top, however, this time around it seems that NX is willing to a take a back seat. No problem here, as I am too putting a plate system on my car. I think the plates are going to be hot items, and each company will get their share of sales. glad your happy, and give us some 1/4 mile results when you get a chance.
Robert
No problem Robert and I agree with you 100% about the plates being a hot item. If you check my first post it will show you the 1/8 and 1/4 mile difference. If I am not mistaken NX also has a plate out but I think it was overkill for what I was looking for.

To the other gents I have not forgotten about posting the dyno columns for ya'll. I am in the middle of a project startup and if I plan to take off at the end of this week I have to get a few steps ahead but I PROMISE I will post them for ya'll, hopefully by tomorrow. Check back tomorrow in the A.M. Thanks again.

Jim C.
Old 03-29-2006 | 09:15 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

No problem Robert and I agree with you 100% about the plates being a hot item. If you check my first post it will show you the 1/8 and 1/4 mile difference. If I am not mistaken NX also has a plate out but I think it was overkill for what I was looking for.

To the other gents I have not forgotten about posting the dyno columns for ya'll. I am in the middle of a project startup and if I plan to take off at the end of this week I have to get a few steps ahead but I PROMISE I will post them for ya'll, hopefully by tomorrow. Check back tomorrow in the A.M. Thanks again.

Jim C.
Jim, NX does not build a plate and has no plans to build one at this time. Spending alot of time in the Ford markets these days. We do offer maf housing for the GM but sorry no plate. Your results I did find most interesting, and will continue to read your results as they come available.
Ricky
Old 03-29-2006 | 09:19 AM

On another note I feel this other comment needed to be address'd.
I was just wondering as these questions were raised on a nozzle comparison where NX was not at the top, however, this time around it seems that NX is willing to a take a back seat.
Robert
Myself nor NX is not taken a back seat to anything.

Ricky
Old 03-29-2006 | 09:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

I agree with NXRICKY about the post regarding NX taking a backseat.

This is a plate vs. nozzle comparison not a nozzle vs. nozzle comparison. Now if NX actually made a plate the story might be a little different but they don't.
Old 03-29-2006 | 10:09 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Robert
Robert to help you out I will answer your questions.
Our plate jetting uses the same nitrous pill size as the shark nozzle. However we use a larger fuel pill than the shark nozzle. Our Jets are the NX jets. I actually prefer my airfuel to be 11.8. So I feel that both the nozzle and the plate are alittle on the lean side for my taste. However If you look over the info given there was only a difference between 12.5 and 12.7. The plate being the richest. That 2 points is not enough to really yield a difference at all. And if it were the nozzle should produce more power since it was leaner.

TO RESPOND TO THIS POST..
[[[[["Thanks for the full scoop as you see it. I was just wondering as these questions were raised on a nozzle comparison where NX was not at the top, however, this time around it seems that NX is willing to a take a back seat. No problem here, as I am too putting a plate system on my car. I think the plates are going to be hot items, and each company will get their share of sales. glad your happy, and give us some 1/4 mile results when you get a chance.
Robert"]]]]]

This test he did actually has all the information you would need to see the differences. If there is something questionable please feel free to look back at the testing we posted months back. Now keep in mind that this gentlemen is just an indavidual and does not work for Nitrous Outlet. This was his own test.

Back when a vendor posted claims on the nozzle you are reffering to people including myself on this board and others asked for the information needed to know and see the facts to come up with those claims. The vendor nor the manafacture had that information because the test was not performed anywhere close to the way it should have been. Instead of just comming up with the information deffensive remarks were made and still pops up like in this post you just made. Im still waiting for the new test???? I see no reason for anyone to be rude or mad over someone asking for technical information to back a claim from a manafacture. If someone ask me for some information I can and will share I am happy to share it. You will also notice that Nitrous Outlet will not make any claims unless the right test and information is there to back it.

With that said.
If you have any tech questions about a product or claim we make please feel free to ask. We strive to offer the best tech help and products available. We test everyone of our products and have no problem giving the testing if we still have it available.

FOR EVERYONE READING THIS POST. It is not intended as a flaming post or to get a third grade arguement going. Im sure everyone will be able to read this and act like a mature adult.
Thanks
Dave

Last edited by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet; 03-29-2006 at 10:30 AM.
Old 03-29-2006 | 02:23 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
Jim, NX does not build a plate and has no plans to build one at this time. Spending alot of time in the Ford markets these days. We do offer maf housing for the GM but sorry no plate. Your results I did find most interesting, and will continue to read your results as they come available.
Ricky
Ricky, I apologize for the mix-up. Whose dual stage plate was it that was featured in a recent GM High Tech Performance or Chevy High Performance (One of the two I believe. It was an article covering N2O for LS1's or something of the like. I only got to skim through it.)? I mistook it for NX for some reason. At any rate it was way more than I needed but looked like a good piece all the same. I am glad ya'll are keeping up with this as I believe these types of issues always lead to better products down the road that all benefit from. I DO NOT believe that NX takes a back seat to anyone regarding the quality or performance of their products otherwise I would not have an NX system on my T/A. As Dave stated this was MY test and mine alone. It was me simply wanting to know if a N2O plate for an LS1 would out-perform a SINGLE nozzle. THAT IS ALL, nothing more, nothing less and was posted for those they were considering a similar purchase. It is entirely possible that a twin nozzle system properly placed may well out-perform a plate system but that is another test for another person. As stated these are MY findings on MY combo. I am detecting some type of static over this subject but must have missed the reasoning (I am blonde after all.). I am getting the feeling that this is beginning to be scrutinized WAY more than it should be. While I am sure there are far more scientific methods beyond my expertise that may yield different results I am sure that the methods of my testing for the amount of N2O being used were solid and without fault or miscalculation. I WILL post the agreed upon information but will NOT entertain or participate in accusations, conversations or questions about my findings or methods that are without merit. Having said that when I do get home and get the numbers posted please keep any criticism to ones self unless you have the inclination and funds to pay for my dyno time, fuel and N2O to perform the tests using your methods. Gentleman, this is only one mans comparison not the gospel. My findings were that Nitro Dave's plate outperformed a SINGLE nozzle, that it is a QUALITY piece that appears to have allot of design forethought machined into it. To be honest it is my contention that it was more of an “apples-to-oranges” test as it was not a nozzle to nozzle test and that the plate most likely has an advantage due to the design alone, but the facts remain. My head hurts now.
Jim C.
Old 03-29-2006 | 02:32 PM

Ricky, I apologize for the mix-up. Whose dual stage plate was it that was featured in a recent GM High Tech Performance or Chevy High Performance (One of the two I believe. It was an article covering N2O for LS1's or something of the like. I only got to skim through it.)? I mistook it for NX for some reason. At any rate it was way more than I needed but looked like a good piece all the same. I am glad ya'll are keeping up with this as I believe these types of issues always lead to better products down the road that all benefit from. I DO NOT believe that NX takes a back seat to anyone regarding the quality or performance of their products otherwise I would not have an NX system on my T/A. As Dave stated this was MY test and mine alone. It was me simply wanting to know if a N2O plate for an LS1 would out-perform a SINGLE nozzle. THAT IS ALL, nothing more, nothing less and was posted for those they were considering a similar purchase. It is entirely possible that a twin nozzle system properly placed may well out-perform a plate system but that is another test for another person. As stated these are MY findings on MY combo. I am detecting some type of static over this subject but must have missed the reasoning (I am blonde after all.). I am getting the feeling that this is beginning to be scrutinized WAY more than it should be. While I am sure there are far more scientific methods beyond my expertise that may yield different results I am sure that the methods of my testing for the amount of N2O being used were solid and without fault or miscalculation. I WILL post the agreed upon information but will NOT entertain or participate in accusations, conversations or questions about my findings or methods that are without merit. Having said that when I do get home and get the numbers posted please keep any criticism to ones self unless you have the inclination and funds to pay for my dyno time, fuel and N2O to perform the tests using your methods. Gentleman, this is only one mans comparison not the gospel. My findings were that Nitro Dave's plate outperformed a SINGLE nozzle, that it is a QUALITY piece that appears to have allot of design forethought machined into it. To be honest it is my contention that it was more of an “apples-to-oranges” test as it was not a nozzle to nozzle test and that the plate most likely has an advantage due to the design alone, but the facts remain. My head hurts now.
Jim C.
Hey Jim no apologizes are neccessary none at all. I like the way you presented your data in an up front and noble way. I like reading testing like you have done. Real world stuff, from the customer perspective.
I think the plates are interesting and thats what I have been working on in the Ford world.
I apologize to you if my typing in any way made it seem; I was being negative to you. IF it did I did not mean for it to.
Ricky
Old 03-29-2006 | 02:49 PM
11 Second Club

Hey Jim no apologizes are neccessary none at all. I like the way you presented your data in an up front and noble way. I like reading testing like you have done. Real world stuff, from the customer perspective.
I think the plates are interesting and thats what I have been working on in the Ford world.
I apologize to you if my typing in any way made it seem; I was being negative to you. IF it did I did not mean for it to.
Ricky
Ricky, I did not take offense to anything you said, not in the least and my comments were not directed at you in any regards. It is just that I am detecting an ambush coming (Not from you.) and am doing my best to avoid it. I believe there to be some type of underlying issue here somewhere but as previously stated must have missed it. I just don't want this to blow up into some kind of huge pissing match over a simple comparison and display of test results. I am a fairly open minded individual and try to be as gentile as possible. I take no issue with anyone here and am glad to have spoken with you if even only on the board. Maybe one day we will meet in person as I would love to pick your brain over any information or insite you may lend me regarding using alcohol instead of gasoline type fuels while spraying. Thanks for the kind words and please keep up the good work as I do enjoy ya'll's products. Good luck to you and yours.

Jim C.
Old 03-29-2006 | 09:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

On another note I feel this other comment needed to be address'd.

Myself nor NX is not taken a back seat to anything.

Ricky
Now that's the spirit, Ricky.
Robert
Old 03-29-2006 | 09:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Robert to help you out I will answer your questions.
Our plate jetting uses the same nitrous pill size as the shark nozzle. However we use a larger fuel pill than the shark nozzle. Our Jets are the NX jets. I actually prefer my airfuel to be 11.8. So I feel that both the nozzle and the plate are alittle on the lean side for my taste. However If you look over the info given there was only a difference between 12.5 and 12.7. The plate being the richest. That 2 points is not enough to really yield a difference at all. And if it were the nozzle should produce more power since it was leaner.
Dave, I am not trying to start anything. Take your kudos on your plate, as I said nothing to infere that it was less than stellar. It seems that atomization is playing a key role here, if a/f is void and we are using the same amount of n2o? This was brought up before, and I was told that atomization plays really no role? Seems also to me that the plate system in fact out performs the single nozzle kit on this day and test, which like always the test is what it is.

TO RESPOND TO THIS POST..
[[[[["Thanks for the full scoop as you see it. I was just wondering as these questions were raised on a nozzle comparison where NX was not at the top, however, this time around it seems that NX is willing to a take a back seat. No problem here, as I am too putting a plate system on my car. I think the plates are going to be hot items, and each company will get their share of sales. glad your happy, and give us some 1/4 mile results when you get a chance.
Robert"]]]]]

This test he did actually has all the information you would need to see the differences. If there is something questionable please feel free to look back at the testing we posted months back. Now keep in mind that this gentlemen is just an indavidual and does not work for Nitrous Outlet. This was his own test.

Back when a vendor posted claims on the nozzle you are reffering to people including myself on this board and others asked for the information needed to know and see the facts to come up with those claims. The vendor nor the manafacture had that information because the test was not performed anywhere close to the way it should have been. Instead of just comming up with the information deffensive remarks were made and still pops up like in this post you just made. Im still waiting for the new test???? I see no reason for anyone to be rude or mad over someone asking for technical information to back a claim from a manafacture. If someone ask me for some information I can and will share I am happy to share it. You will also notice that Nitrous Outlet will not make any claims unless the right test and information is there to back it.
No comment.

With that said.
If you have any tech questions about a product or claim we make please feel free to ask. We strive to offer the best tech help and products available. We test everyone of our products and have no problem giving the testing if we still have it available.
You mean like when I was trying to get plate info from you before?

FOR EVERYONE READING THIS POST. It is not intended as a flaming post or to get a third grade arguement going. Im sure everyone will be able to read this and act like a mature adult.
Thanks
Dave
Dave, we should do a Dyno comparison on the NO Plate, NOS plate and the ND plate, what do you think?
Robert
Old 03-29-2006 | 09:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Oh yea, for those reading along, stir the pot just a tad bit and you allways get more info for the end user.

Big Geek, we at Nitrous Direct/Cold Fusion have a dual stage plate kit for the ls2 and 90mm platforms. Also, there soon will be a dual stage plate for the ls1/ls6, which is what I am waiting on for my car. I don't know what plate was in the magazine, but don't think anyone else offers a dual stage capability with their plates.

Ricky, I hope you don't think I was cheap shoting you, as I was just trying to get some of your insightful tech info. Ok, maybe a little cheap shot, but nothing meant by it.
Robert
Old 03-30-2006 | 04:45 AM
TECH Addict

Oh yea, for those reading along, stir the pot just a tad bit and you allways get more info for the end user.

I don't know what plate was in the magazine, but don't think anyone else offers a dual stage capability with their plates.
Hmmm, looks like dual stage plates for the LS1 and 90MM LS2 at Nitrous Outlet...

Dave's Plate Conversions

More info for the end user

Back on the thread topic...My Plate is on , ran outta daylight, I have the Power Steering Reservoir to put back on (the clamps for the PS Fluid Hose is what ate up most of the time ended up cutting the hose to remove it to get the spacers in). Pics in a new thread later today. Dyno and another independent test results on a stock C-5 likely next month.

Cheers
Beer

Last edited by Beer99C5; 03-30-2006 at 05:28 AM.
Old 03-30-2006 | 08:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Robert
Looks like you're doing just fine ALONE !

Hawk
Old 04-02-2006 | 12:56 AM
12 Second Club

What about my question was this a single fogger NX kit or what it the MAF Fogger setup. If its not the MAF setup could we get a run with that and see how it does?
Old 04-02-2006 | 03:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Good question....i wanna see Dave's plate compared to the MAF system...im very interested in the MAF system for my LT1...possibly a 150shot...please put your 2cents in!!!!!
Old 04-03-2006 | 04:45 PM
11 Second Club

I haven't forgotten about posting the numbers. I am working 16-18 hour days right now as we are in the middle of a project startup. I will get them posted and emailed out ASAP. It was an NX single nozzle wet kit. I have never seen a wet kit flow through a MAF but everyone has their preference. I will not be testing any type of dry kits but maybe someone will and post the results. Must....... Sleeep.... Soooooooonnnn...........ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz........ .....

Jim C.
Old 04-13-2006 | 08:54 AM
11 Second Club

Here are the records from my logs that were asked for. If you have any questions please ask and I will answer them as quickly as I can. Thanks.

Jim C.

N/A Nozzle Plate
RPM
3000 404/416
3500 256/288 380/382 414/418
4000 268/301 400/389 418/418
4500 277/299 402/380 420/411
5000 298/315 398/368 417/404
5500 308/295 391/371 417/398
6000 298/262 379/360 403/390
6500 361/355 399/389

PS- I cannot attach them in the spreadsheet format here so they are posted instead.
Old 04-13-2006 | 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Awesome!

Can you email me the spreadsheet? badhabitbird@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Sean

Quick Reply: Nitro Dave's Stock TB plate Dyno and ET comparison.