Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

n20 and Tranny brake Solenoid wiring Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 08:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default n20 and Tranny brake Solenoid wiring Question

Let me start with this my car is equipped with A WOT n20 activation switch. I am wanting to wire my n20 up so that when I let go of the tranny brake the n20 is activated. Any one have a diagram? TIA L arry
Old 04-02-2006, 10:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 69cam
Let me start with this my car is equipped with A WOT n20 activation switch. I am wanting to wire my n20 up so that when I let go of the tranny brake the n20 is activated. Any one have a diagram? TIA L arry
What ya do is setup a really in line of ur power going from ur arming switch to the wot switch:

You need a 5 prong relay. Plug the power coming from ur arming switch into the 30 prong on ur relay, then run another wire from the 87 (can't remember if it's 87 or 87a, but it's the prong in the middle) prong to the wot switch. Then ground the relay and the remaining prong you tap a wire into the wire goin from ur transbrake button down to the transbrake solenoid and run that wire into the remaining prong on the relay. So now the wot switch will always have power when the arming switch is armed, but when you hit the t-brake button, it will kick in that relay and take the power away from the middle prong and put it to the one above it, hence taking the power away from the wot switch, then as soon as you let go of the tbrake button, the wot switch gets the power and ur system sprays. If you got anymore questions, let me know.
Old 04-02-2006, 06:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here's a pic
Old 04-02-2006, 08:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 69cam
I'm so curious my friends call me Whiskers. (SNL) Are you doing this for convienience sake or some other reason? Certainly makes sense and keeps you from having to arm N20 seperately.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:15 AM
Teching In

Default Wiring

Originally Posted by Macon
I'm so curious my friends call me Whiskers. (SNL) Are you doing this for convienience sake or some other reason? Certainly makes sense and keeps you from having to arm N20 seperately.
I made a WOT activation switch but cant use the wot switch and the trans brake together (unless it's wired together). this should allow me to launch my car much harder.

Thanks for all the Posts.
Larry