Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

An FJO and Fuel Pressure Safety Switch Thing

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 12:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default An FJO and Fuel Pressure Safety Switch Thing

My FJO mini-controller is configured properly, I know that because the yellow light brightens when the rpm window is reached and the green brightens under "WOT".

Now, Im trying to test my solenoids for proper operation but so far I have had no success. The ground wire off the solenoid relat that would normally be directly connected to a ground is first connected to a fuel pressure safety switch and then the other prong is then wired to a grounding location.

Would this be the correct way to wire up the fjo with the use of an FPSS? Im using an NX supplied safety switch that is apparently preset at 35 PSI. I have a fuel pressure gauge but Im not sure what the correct procedure for checking the current psi setting and how to make adjustments.

Also, in my FJO software I currently have The Trigger Switch Will "not change this stage". Is this also correct for a single stage setup not using an actual trigger switch to switch between programmed stages?

-Dan
Old 04-04-2006, 01:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I just need to know how to make the appropriate adjustment, I found that the FPSS is just set at too high of a psi rating from the factory for my testing procedures.

I've just been doing some testing with a low rpm window (900-1200 rpm) and very little pedal movement to go "WOT" (not really WOT since my potentiometer is set almost all the way out) at the same time. The only problem is that my fuel pressure doesnt get past the 35 psi mark for the safety switch so I just crossed a wire over the two contacts on the switch so it immediately goes to ground and bypasses the switch.

I just need to know in which direction I should turn the adjustment screw to lower the psi setting of the switch if I have to for dyno testing. Then, how do I confirm the new psi setting easily?

-Dan