Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Plate vs Nozzle (LT1)

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 07:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Plate vs Nozzle (LT1)

for my next nitrous kit i would really like a plate kit as they seem to be more "complete", and by that i mean better looking/performing than drilling one nozzle in the intake elbow. however i have heard stories of plates starving some cylinders because the nitrous enters too close to cylinders 1 and 2. any truth to this? i do not plan on spraying over a 150 shot on my stock bottom end.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:07 PM
10 Second Club

I'd think for that you'd be fine. i have a plate kit bit my noids suck so I cant run the biger shot!
Old 04-20-2006, 09:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd really like to see more information on Nitro Dave's new LT1 plate. I know his LS1 plate seems to be pretty popular right now.

I'm either going to run a NX MAF kit or try out Nitro Dave's LT1 plate. By the way, I'll be pushing a 150-200 shot with a stand alone fuel system... stock short block.

How about some info on the LT1 plate Nitro Dave??
Old 04-21-2006, 10:05 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is where I stand on the plate.

Im going to carefully type this because I am not looking to rub anyone the wrong way.

OK, On many occassions I have helped customers that were burning plugs due to poor distribution from the plate they were running.

OK.
On a nozzle placed before the throttlebody it shoots one beam of nitrous and one beam of fuel. Because it is before the throttlebody and back in the intake track it give the nitrous and fuel discharge time to mix into the airstream so that it can hit the front cyliders.

Now. There were two designs of plates offered to the market before we realeased ours.

First was a plate with spray bars plumbed in it. The spray bar plate is placed between the throttle body and the intake. This places the plate right up on the two front cylinders. The spraybars are desighed to spray at the back of the intake.

Second,
There is a plate with two nozzles screwed into it.This plate is placed between the throttle body and the intake. This places the plate right up on the two front cylinders.The nozzles in this plate are aimed at the back of the intake and each nozzle will discharge one beam of nitrous and one beam of fuel.

Now our design.
Our plate is placed in the same location as the two above.
The difference is that we are using 4 nitrous and fuel discharges in each butterfly passage way. This is a total of 8. These discharges are not aimed at the back of the intake. Instead they spray across the throttle body throat. After the discharge mixes the induction of the motor will pull it into the intake plenum and it will flow with the air stream to the cylinders.(this works just like our LS1 plate)

I have helped customers in many cases that where zapping plugs and could not figure out why.

My opinion is this. A plate that discharges towards the back of the intake that close to the front two cylinders is a big potential for poor distribution to the front cylinders. Now there are tons of these systems on the market so im not saying it does and will not work. The guys spraying smaller shots are more likely to get away with using the plate with no problem. The guys spraying larger shots are more than likely to have distribution problems.

We feel our plate design will illiminate that problem.
Here are a few pics of the plate.

You can see the discharge area here.

Dave

Last edited by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet; 04-21-2006 at 10:11 AM.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 04-21-2006, 10:12 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well a beam of nitrous and a beam of fuel kind of seems like the wrong wording to me. It's actually fogged/atomized nitrous cloud and fuel which staurates the incoming air and flows along with the air.

You'll need to weed through the nonsense and hype on the forums and on the internet in general.. Every retailer or mnaufcaturer will come up with stories, and even examples leading you to believe that they are the best and that you should pay more for their product because of this.

Bottom line is ask around, talk to people, and compare prices! Buy from a real manufacturer like NOS, Cold Fusion, Nitrous Express, etc

We'd be happy to give you unbiased help if you want! Feel free to pm, email or call us.

Quick Reply: Plate vs Nozzle (LT1)