Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Noids and Ethanol Fuel?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 08:00 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet to hear, Let us know. I love my DynoTune N2O Pressure LED Display....
Old 06-08-2006, 11:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

I started a thread some time ago about 10% ethenol going nation wide before too long. It used to be that they required a label on the pump if it contained ethenol. But some states no longer require the label. So you do not know what you are getting.

10% won't hurt the fuel system on modern cars. I think all cars for quite a few years now have been made to be able to use 10%. Just look in your owner's manual. Some new cars will run on 85% ethenol but it is not available at most locations. Since few cars currently can use 85% it will be some time before it becomes common place if it does.

I was trying to encourage the solenoid maunfacturers to look seriously at finding a material that will work with both straight gasoline and 10% ethenol.

If we can send people to the moon surely we can find a compatable material for the solenoids. NX said they were testing some materials, but I have not heard anything since. Yes there are other additives in some fuels that can cause problems with the fuel solenoid. So this may not be as simple as it sounds to find a good material.

For what it is worth I think we are at the tip of the iceberg and there could be a rash of engine failures due to 10% ethenol as it becomes common place. I hope I am wrong, but I also hope the solenoid manufacturers get on top of this quickly.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:26 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Our new custom fuel seal material will work with all fuels, race, street, alch, all fuels!....So far so good. Looks like we will be releasing the new noids across the board very shortly.

Dan
Old 06-10-2006, 02:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DynotuneN2O
Our new custom fuel seal material will work with all fuels, race, street, alch, all fuels!....So far so good. Looks like we will be releasing the new noids across the board very shortly.

Dan
Old 06-10-2006, 02:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DynotuneN2O

Dan
Great news, Dan. I hope the other companys follow suite, in a timely manner.
Robert