Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I use Nitrious?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 04:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now they say get a tune when you get the nitrious, but what kind of tune, dyno tune, mail order tune?
Old 05-13-2006, 05:35 PM
10 Second Club

i use tr6 plugs in all my cars and i have never had a problem. If your just gonna spray 100- 125hp I would pray a dry shot. I've had both wet and dry and for lower hp levels a dry shot will be fine. Just my .02
Old 05-13-2006, 09:07 PM
Restricted User

Dyno tunes can be ok, bout as good as mail order, unless your using a loaded dyno. Basically, when I tune my customers cars, I drive a bit logging first, then do some WOT blasts to see how the car is actually doing, the insides we cant hear or see by looking at gauges etc. I take that info, and if all is good, using HPTuners, I modify the Advance tables, lowering a couple degree, based off intended shot size, and then adjust the PE (power enrichment or WOT fueling table). I make the fueling curve, from WOT (I start the curve at 2300rpm +/-) I have it richen up to ~4500rpms hold it there for 200rpms then slowly lean it out some until peak HP RPM then quickly ramp it back up rich after peak HP. Dyno can tell you exactly where the peaks are which helps, if not I use the generalized process this cam peaks at xxx and hp at xxxx and go from there. You can do a lot more in the tuning, especially with 02's (01's also but not sure, I only have 99,00,02 HPT) like base spark off IAT and Fueling off IAT and more. If its an A4 lower the shift rpm table a few hundred rpms, nitrous tends to push past the stock settings sometimes and right into the rev limiter. There is a lot to tuning, or you can go simple basic, heck, some ppl dont do any.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Would this be benifical to me??

NEW - Auto Meter Ultra-Lite 2-1/16" Electric Fuel Pressure Gauge and Complete Installation Kit
COMPLETE KIT including gauge, sending unit, memory control module, all wiring, all instructions.

I bought this a couple of years ago and never used it. Time to get rid of it. Brand new in original box, never installed. Only taken out of the box, looked at and had pics taken of it. That's it.

Pics:
http://www.phantomss.com/gallery/pictures/gauge1.jpg
http://www.phantomss.com/gallery/pictures/gauge2.jpg
http://www.phantomss.com/gallery/pictures/gauge3.jpg

$180 Shipped - Will not spearate

I don't know what the MEMORY CONTROL MODULE IS?! Can someone give me some insight?