Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lots of nitrous ? please help

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 10:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lots of nitrous ? please help

im new to the site and to the ls1 world so ill have lots of questios now and in the future so be patient and helpful, much appreciated guys, your site rocks,

my questions are i have a nx efi wet kit off my five liter mustang i just sold and was wondering if my nx jets would work with my friends nos nozzel, he tried it and it worked fine but i want to make sure its safe, also sould i spray a wet kit before or after the mass air meter, ive seen both done by alot of you guys and was wondering if the fuel would mess up the mass air if sprayed in front of it, i dont want to damage the mass air meter, another ? what does a window switch do because i see alot of you guys using them, im going to spray 100 shot on this set up, do alot of you guys use wot switches for activation, also with these mods and a 100 shot what are tipical rear wheel #s i can expect, thanks for all the advise guys!!!!

owen
Old 05-17-2006, 07:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you actually use the kit on your old 5.0?? I ask because you dont sound like you know nitrous very well, no offense.

I am pretty damn sure you have NOT seen a wet kit sprayed before the MAF by anyone on this site. Wet nozzles go after the MAF, dry kits nozzle goes before the MAF. Your NOS nozzle with work as long as the jets fit but I prefer to stay with the brand of the kit. (NX kit, NX nozzle, NX Jets).

Window switch will avtivate and deactivate the spray within a specified RPM range. Definetely use a WOT switch and switch to NGK Plugs gapped at .035-.038. The cold plugs are needed to spray.

Expect around 340HP with a 100 shot, give or take some.