Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jimmy Jams wiring question (or any switch panel for that matter)

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006 | 07:38 PM
12 Second Club

Default Jimmy Jams wiring question (or any switch panel for that matter)

Got my switch in yesterday and it had a wire harness attached to it, connecting the four rocker buttons but not the spring type button I'm going to use for the purge. Do I leave this wire attached so the rockers will illuminate when they are activated? I guess the nitrous arming switch, since it is connected to the 12V supply, will supply the power for the lights?

Also, where are you guys tapping into the 12V supply?
Old 05-20-2006 | 07:39 PM
12 Second Club

What is the 87a wire for on the relay?
Old 05-20-2006 | 08:30 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by B.W.
Got my switch in yesterday and it had a wire harness attached to it, connecting the four rocker buttons but not the spring type button I'm going to use for the purge. Do I leave this wire attached so the rockers will illuminate when they are activated? I guess the nitrous arming switch, since it is connected to the 12V supply, will supply the power for the lights?

Also, where are you guys tapping into the 12V supply?

Are you talking about the black wire that goes to each rocker? If so, thats to ground all the rockers together. If you look carefully you'll see 1 rocker that has an extra hook up. Thats were you run a ground to., and that grounds the enitre switch plate. As far as 12v power I got mine from the driver side post by the fuse boxes. It has a red cap on it.
Old 05-20-2006 | 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

The harness is a ground harness. Look closely, all the plugs will be connected to one. You need to attatch a ground to this single connector. The purge button will require a seperate ground.