Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: would you get a plate or keep the nozzle?
keep the nozzle
20.71%
get a plate from Dave
79.29%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

stick with the NX nozzle or get a Nitro Dave's plate

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 09:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert56
That's debatable. Not only Dave's plate but the NOS, Nitrous Direct and BM?, plate kits have not shown to be a HP leader or atomization leader. Read the stickie on the Nozzle shoot out. It was proven that most all kits are about the same. Jet it for the HP you want on a dyno and bingo, two kits produce the same HP. On the nozzles, I like the dual nozzles for better distribution, and maybe atomization (over a single), though both points have not been proven. With that said, I still think the plate kits, and the MAF kits are going to be top sellers for the forseable future.
Robert
The plate was NOT tested in the nozzle shootout Robert lest we forget? If a dual nozzle produces better "atomization" in your words, why wouldnt a plate with SEVERAL distinct nozzles? Thats not even taking into account that the plate adds area to the intake plenum thus creating a small gain in NA power...this is really where the advantage of the plate kit shines.

Last edited by cantdrv65; 06-03-2006 at 09:15 PM.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cantdrv65
The plate was NOT tested in the nozzle shootout Robert lest we forget? If a dual nozzle produces better "atomization" in your words, why wouldnt a plate with SEVERAL distinct nozzles? Thats not even taking into account that the plate adds area to the intake plenum thus creating a small gain in NA power...this is really where the advantage of the plate kit shines.
You missed the point, jet for the HP you want, any kit, 200rwhp is 200rwhp. Also, if you reread, I did not say that a nozzle has better atomization, but rather stated, maybe, in response to your suggestion that a plate has better atomization. You see it has never been proven with any nozzle that one is better at atomizing compared to another. The plenum volume, yes, some will say the plate makes more HP n/a, based on the contention that increased plenum equals added hp. Alltough, just a couple and in the higher rpms, another area of speculation and unproven, I might add.

cantdrv65, if you have some data I am missing, please share. I know of only one home test, (nozzle vs plate) that the guy claimed he tested. However, it did not really sound like a very good test. It was a rather outrageous gain, and if this was true, don't you think NOS, Nitro Dave, Harris Speed, Cold Fusion or any other manufacturers would be touting this. It's just speculation at this point, and I really doubt a gain based on the fact that 200hp is 200hp.
Robert
Old 06-04-2006, 10:31 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by stangsteve
I can remember the old days when I harrased you and harrased you to use that bottle on that lil blue mustang you had waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when and you never would, thats when I was just starting out as a nitrous junkie, then you get into bottle refills, and now look at ya, king of LS1 nitrous you see guys, Dave learned his earliest nitrous tech from watching me make all the mistakes sit back and watch crazy guy, and learn...Yep yep, I even blew my hood and intake apart right in front of Daves house doing about 100 mph I even was dumb enogh back then to tell him ahead of time what I was gonna do, and I stood by my word. Ahhhh the good ole days. Dave, you need to buy another stang, fun fun fun.
Dave's done well and he's a good man. I'd like his work. I understand you two go way back.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:32 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Robert,
I think we will have to aggree to disagree on this one. See I tested the plate to a nozzle. With the same Nitrous Jet and adjusting the fuel jet to make sure the airfuel was correct the plate did make better numbers than the nozzle. Remember not to compare the facts of our testing compared to the Coldfusion nozzle. Our test was preformed by knowledgeable people that knew how to go about testing. Do a search all the results were posted.

Now were the results posted as a OOO My god my plate made tone more power than the competitors. No it was not. I would rather point out the quality in the build and flow desighn our products offer. If the customer gets added power than thats just a bonus.

Thanks for being so concerned about our products though.
Dave

Last edited by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet; 06-05-2006 at 09:37 AM.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:35 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by speedo
I am in the same boat. I broke the threads on my 8 year old NX nozzle changing jets last weekend and I trying to decide nozzle or plate. The questions I ask myslef are below.

Debating also if I want move all my solenoids around so the lines out of the solenoid will reach the plate

I run the "hump" bellows with the nozzle tapped into the MAF and last weekend I noticed fuel and a oily substance (nitrous I assume) mix in the hump. I don't like either since that tells me either the nozzle is moving when spraying or the pattern is to wide in the position I have it in.

I also question if the plate system sprays to close to the first 2 runners? How does the plate mix the fuel and nitrous?

Let me know what you think? Need to get something ordered here soon.
The nozzle fitting is replaceable. You will just need to hit it with a littile heat to get the broke off piece out. We sell the replacement fitting for 6.00.

The way our plate is desighned you will not have to worry about the placement. We use mulitple discharges wich better attomizes the mixture into the air stream.
Dave
Old 06-05-2006, 04:23 PM
11 Second Club

cantdrv65, if you have some data I am missing, please share. I know of only one home test, (nozzle vs plate) that the guy claimed he tested. However, it did not really sound like a very good test. It was a rather outrageous gain, and if this was true, don't you think NOS, Nitro Dave, Harris Speed, Cold Fusion or any other manufacturers would be touting this. It's just speculation at this point, and I really doubt a gain based on the fact that 200hp is 200hp.
Robert
I REALLY hope you are not referring to the test that I did because if so let me clarify a couple of things. I love the way folks become overnight experts regarding this hobby. First this was not a "home" test and please professor nitrous tell me what could have been done better as I realize 21 years of N2O experience isn't much (My first system was a non adjustable one from Cheetah, I bet you don't even know who they are do ya?) It was done on a local dyno and rest assured it was quite thorough. Secondly here are the results. I will be glad to duplicate them again if you want to pay to play. I am willing to push my system to 250 (nozzle vs. plate) and record the results at 50, 75, 100, 125, 150, 200 and 250 if you are willing to put your money were you mouth is. You pay for the N2O, dyno time and plugs and I will duplicate the test. I have been using Nitrous since 1985 and I don't have to bullshit to make a point. If the nozzle would have given me better results then I would have sold the plate and kept the nozzle but it DID NOT and I did not like the twin nozzle application. Whether or not that configuration works better I don’t know. You want to pay for the above mentioned and I will print out the graphs and scan them so that all can see. There was no bias here, it was a SINGLE nozzle vs. plate test, not a dual and it wasn't a "claim" it is FACT. Different combos react differently to different N2O applications (nozzle vs. plate vs. direct port) and as such my motor obviously was NOT getting what it needed until I put the plate on there. I had others telling me they thought it should have made more while I had the single nozzle on it. There are enough people on this board that know me to know I don't bullshit around or mince words. I get HOT when people starting spouting sh*t regarding stuff I post for others information as I don't have to do that but do so as this is supposed to be about the sharing of information. My ethics are where they should be, are yours? Someone with another setup may get different results just as I stated in the original post and I wasn't biased either way but I can tell you one damn thing for sure and that is you will NEVER get a dime of my money slim or any of my customers. I'll tell you a little secret about theory, it is all wonderful until applied, and then you sometimes find the results to be quite different. In short you put up the funds friend and “I’ll be your huckleberry”.

Jim C.

PS-I don't give two ***** whether someone wants to "tout" it or not; I did it for ME and no one else. Bring your *** down from yankee land I will show it to ya again.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:42 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Geek
Bring your *** down from yankee land I will show it to ya again.
let me guess you drive the General Lee or at least have "ol dixie" in too many places
No I'm not siding with Robert either here, I just think the yanklee line was assinine Seattle is not yankee land first of all and second I dont need to continue on the subject.
I run a dual nozzle NX wet system using the SLP bellows from Dave. I really dont find a need to switch it to a plate but like you said this is specific to my application. I dont have data as the damn tires kept breaking free on the dyno running a 100 shot I do appreciate the facts though, they can be applied at anytime.
If I was building my kit new I would use the plate from Dave.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:57 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
let me guess you drive the General Lee or at least have "ol dixie" in too many places
No I'm not siding with Robert either here, I just think the yanklee line was assinine Seattle is not yankee land first of all and second I dont need to continue on the subject.
I run a dual nozzle NX wet system using the SLP bellows from Dave. I really dont find a need to switch it to a plate but like you said this is specific to my application. I dont have data as the damn tires kept breaking free on the dyno running a 100 shot I do appreciate the facts though, they can be applied at anytime.
If I was building my kit new I would use the plate from Dave.
Nope and I don't give a **** what you "think" either as the yankee land comment was a joke. Don't bust my ***** when you haven't been here but a minute. I also don't take kindly to people refering to my test as a "home" test when I take the time to post the results of my labor for no other purpose other than for informational purposes. Unless you have something valid to contribute to the equation go get a mocha express or something. Try letting the air out of the tires, then tightening the straps again then airing them back up, you might be suprised.

Jim C.
Old 06-05-2006, 06:11 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I know what the "C" stands for after Jim. Ok your a legend in your own mind.. wow! Theres something new. I was joking with you as well but oh well. I guess your the only opinion that matters to you so you go there girl. I'm dropping from this as I can see where its already gone and leading to... And you really werent joking either, you just thought you were being funny, in your self righteous mind. What an ***.. Someone dared to question your results so you go postal and think thats the end of it. Like I said what an ***. I'll unsub now. Oh ya your lames *** mocha latte comment is really indicative of your redneck dumbshit mentality. bubba
Old 06-05-2006, 06:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
I know what the "C" stands for after Jim. Ok your a legend in your own mind.. wow! Theres something new. I was joking with you as well but oh well. I guess your the only opinion that matters to you so you go there girl. I'm dropping from this as I can see where its already gone and leading to... And you really werent joking either, you just thought you were being funny, in your self righteous mind. What an ***.. Someone dared to question your results so you go postal and think thats the end of it. Like I said what an ***. I'll unsub now. Oh ya your lames *** mocha latte comment is really indicative of your redneck dumbshit mentality. bubba
God bless internet superheros. The results were not "questioned" genius it was more of a BS statement. God, I love 20 something know it alls who talk smack behind a keyboard. Don't say things to people via the web that you won't say in person and stay out of sh*t that doesn't concern you and you won't have to deal with my "redneck" azz you prissy lil bitch. Despite my online persona I am normally a very pleasent fellow until provoked. Now back to the plate vs. nozzle test.

Jim C.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

I REALLY hope you are not referring to the test that I did because if so let me clarify a couple of things. I love the way folks become overnight experts regarding this hobby. First this was not a "home" test and please professor nitrous tell me what could have been done better as I realize 21 years of N2O experience isn't much (My first system was a non adjustable one from Cheetah, I bet you don't even know who they are do ya?) It was done on a local dyno and rest assured it was quite thorough. Secondly here are the results. I will be glad to duplicate them again if you want to pay to play. I am willing to push my system to 250 (nozzle vs. plate) and record the results at 50, 75, 100, 125, 150, 200 and 250 if you are willing to put your money were you mouth is. You pay for the N2O, dyno time and plugs and I will duplicate the test. I have been using Nitrous since 1985 and I don't have to bullshit to make a point. If the nozzle would have given me better results then I would have sold the plate and kept the nozzle but it DID NOT and I did not like the twin nozzle application. Whether or not that configuration works better I don’t know. You want to pay for the above mentioned and I will print out the graphs and scan them so that all can see. There was no bias here, it was a SINGLE nozzle vs. plate test, not a dual and it wasn't a "claim" it is FACT. Different combos react differently to different N2O applications (nozzle vs. plate vs. direct port) and as such my motor obviously was NOT getting what it needed until I put the plate on there. I had others telling me they thought it should have made more while I had the single nozzle on it. There are enough people on this board that know me to know I don't bullshit around or mince words. I get HOT when people starting spouting sh*t regarding stuff I post for others information as I don't have to do that but do so as this is supposed to be about the sharing of information. My ethics are where they should be, are yours? Someone with another setup may get different results just as I stated in the original post and I wasn't biased either way but I can tell you one damn thing for sure and that is you will NEVER get a dime of my money slim or any of my customers. I'll tell you a little secret about theory, it is all wonderful until applied, and then you sometimes find the results to be quite different. In short you put up the funds friend and “I’ll be your huckleberry”.

Jim C.

PS-I don't give two ***** whether someone wants to "tout" it or not; I did it for ME and no one else. Bring your *** down from yankee land I will show it to ya again.
Boy oh boy, talk about bitter. I have no idea who you are, and I don't know if the test I refered to was you. Obviously by your reaction, it must be.

21 years, yea so, that's not enough my friend. I started with my first kit in 1975 or 76, can't remember for sure. Now on my calculator that is 30 or 31 years experiance, so I WIN. Now if you want the rest of my credentials I would be glad to share them with you.

Sorry, I couldn't read all of your nonsense, but did gleen those two items before I started to .

Let me know if you need any advice on how to get over the bitterness, and/or any nitrous tech.
Robert
Old 06-05-2006, 09:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Robert,
I think we will have to aggree to disagree on this one. See I tested the plate to a nozzle. With the same Nitrous Jet and adjusting the fuel jet to make sure the airfuel was correct the plate did make better numbers than the nozzle. Remember not to compare the facts of our testing compared to the Coldfusion nozzle. Our test was preformed by knowledgeable people that knew how to go about testing. Do a search all the results were posted.

Now were the results posted as a OOO My god my plate made tone more power than the competitors. No it was not. I would rather point out the quality in the build and flow desighn our products offer. If the customer gets added power than thats just a bonus.

Thanks for being so concerned about our products though.
Dave
Maybe we don't have to agree to disagree. I must have missed that post. Could you link me to it? But I still contend that 200hp is 200hp?

Your welcome on the concerned about your products thing , as I have no problem sending guys your way when they are wanting a ls1/ls6 plate kit.
Robert
Old 06-05-2006, 09:50 PM
11 Second Club

Boy oh boy, talk about bitter. I have no idea who you are, and I don't know if the test I refered to was you. Obviously by your reaction, it must be.

21 years, yea so, that's not enough my friend. I started with my first kit in 1975 or 76, can't remember for sure. Now on my calculator that is 30 or 31 years experiance, so I WIN. Now if you want the rest of my credentials I would be glad to share them with you.

Sorry, I couldn't read all of your nonsense, but did gleen those two items before I started to .

Let me know if you need any advice on how to get over the bitterness, and/or any nitrous tech.
Robert

Robert, you are so full of **** your eyes should be brown (If they are not already.). Go back and reread the link I posted. You stir up **** EVERY single time someone mentions one of Nitro Daves plates. So you have all this experience then tell me what could have been done differently in regards to my test. You are like the Eminem of the Nitrous world, look at me!!!. You don't like the fact that Dave's plate made more on my car than a single NX nozzle did. Like I said, if the nozzle would have made more I would have kept it, it did not and I didn't feel like going to the dual kit so you call my test result bogus. I didn't see anyone at NX get upset about it, why do you? Why don't you come out with some of your own **** instead of swinging on everyone elses nuts then tell me how to do my testing? I have yet to see one person on here whine as much as you do regarding these plates. If I am SO full of **** then come on down and lets duplicate the tests. PM me for my contact info. We can settle this once and for all, but you and I both know you aren't going to do that because then you are going to have to eat all the **** you have spouted regarding other peoples stuff. If I needed N2O help I wouldn't ask you as you would just ask someone else and then respout their answer. Put up or shut up. Let's see just how full of **** I am, come on down. You picked the wrong person to call a liar.

Jim C.

PS- Do you REALLY have that much hands on experience or are you referring to stuff you have read?
Old 06-05-2006, 09:58 PM
11 Second Club

BTW Robert, I did not know you were the Shannon Jenkins of the LS1 world. Please give me a brief history lesson on your vast N2O experience, I didn't find an "About Us" section on your website that described your 31 years of experience. Let's lay it all out on the table since you call my test "supposed". My experience speaks for itself around these parts.

Jim C.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:05 PM
10 Second Club

1970 Datsun 240-Z GN Powered - Not yet. 9.52@152 with the old 355 & N2O setup hitting the gas at the 60-ft mark. Little car lotsa motor and gas.
That sound like fun...
Old 06-05-2006, 10:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Robert, you are so full of **** your eyes should be brown (If they are not already.). Go back and reread the link I posted. You stir up **** EVERY single time someone mentions one of Nitro Daves plates. So you have all this experience then tell me what could have been done differently in regards to my test. You are like the Eminem of the Nitrous world, look at me!!!. You don't like the fact that Dave's plate made more on my car than a single NX nozzle did. Like I said, if the nozzle would have made more I would have kept it, it did not and I didn't feel like going to the dual kit so you call my test result bogus. I didn't see anyone at NX get upset about it, why do you? Why don't you come out with some of your own **** instead of swinging on everyone elses nuts then tell me how to do my testing? I have yet to see one person on here whine as much as you do regarding these plates. If I am SO full of **** then come on down and lets duplicate the tests. PM me for my contact info. We can settle this once and for all, but you and I both know you aren't going to do that because then you are going to have to eat all the **** you have spouted regarding other peoples stuff. If I needed N2O help I wouldn't ask you as you would just ask someone else and then respout their answer. Put up or shut up. Let's see just how full of **** I am, come on down. You picked the wrong person to call a liar.

Jim C.

PS- Do you REALLY have that much hands on experience or are you referring to stuff you have read?
You Dork, did you not read the first post, that was me touting Dave's plate. Once again I could not get all the way through your post, as I wanted to . So, here it is Dorkmister:

I voted plate system. Much tricker looking. However, if your current kit can do 150/200+ then it's just up to you for looks sake, remember jetted for 200rwhp is 200rwhp. Maybe keep the nozzle kit and a plate kit and go dual stage?
Robert
Old 06-05-2006, 10:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

BTW Robert, I did not know you were the Shannon Jenkins of the LS1 world. Please give me a brief history lesson on your vast N2O experience, I didn't find an "About Us" section on your website that described your 31 years of experience. Let's lay it all out on the table since you call my test "supposed". My experience speaks for itself around these parts.

Jim C.
How about I just put you on my ignore list. The ones that really need to know already know, but your not going to know. Just remember, my 30 years to your 21 years. I will give you this little tid bit. My first n20 car was a shorty 56 wagon that was a nice little wheel stander. In those days no one had jet tables, fpsw, bottle heaters, dyno's, wide bands or anyone to ask. It was trial and error. This kit I can't remember if it was a 10,000 RPM kit, or one of NOS's early kits. I can post a pic if you like.
Robert
Old 06-05-2006, 11:17 PM
11 Second Club

How about I just put you on my ignore list. The ones that really need to know already know, but your not going to know. Just remember, my 30 years to your 21 years. I will give you this little tid bit. My first n20 car was a shorty 56 wagon that was a nice little wheel stander. In those days no one had jet tables, fpsw, bottle heaters, dyno's, wide bands or anyone to ask. It was trial and error. This kit I can't remember if it was a 10,000 RPM kit, or one of NOS's early kits. I can post a pic if you like.
Robert
That is just what I thought, talk **** and then when you get called to task on it puss out. I could give a **** less about being on your ignore list. Don't call people liars unless you plan to back it up. I have watched you bash folks on here for any and everything when it is against your opinion but now you found the right one to call you on your BS. Is this the best history lesson you can give me after calling my test "home" brewed and my results "claimed" with all your experience? You know I usually give everyone the benefit of the doubt but I will concede to those that have clued me in, you really are full of ****. My results stand and you are welcome to challenge them anytime you like. I wouldn't trade 1/2 of my knowledge for all 30 years of yours. I have probably broken more **** than you have lied about. You stick to your theory and I will stick to what I have done. You have an open invite any time you like, just PM me for my contact info and I will pick you up at the airport slim. Seeing is believing.

Jim C.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:26 PM
11 Second Club

You Dork, did you not read the first post, that was me touting Dave's plate. Once again I could not get all the way through your post, as I wanted to . So, here it is Dorkmister:

Robert
Dude, you really are a pathetic vendor. Like I said before stop swinging on everyone elses nutz and come out with your own stuff. You just don't want to address the REAL issue and see if I am bullshitting you because you know you are going to look in person like the azz you are here. My "claimed" results are still there waiting for you to debunk them. I still have the other nozzle and you have an open invite. That should be short and sweet enough for ya. I'm out.

Jim C.

Last edited by Big Geek; 06-05-2006 at 11:34 PM.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:30 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Black Beast
That sound like fun...
Yes sir it was but the front subframe trying to tear away from the body wasn't. Got tired of trying to weld it back together. That motor really needed a car with a better chassis. It now has one in a friends car. I am hoping the GN motor will be more suited to it.

Jim C.

Quick Reply: stick with the NX nozzle or get a Nitro Dave's plate