Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NOS Mini-Progressive controller FYI

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 03:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a tech rep in a completely different industry and speaking from experience besides helping the members of this site, Bluewire, given this is a new product and the techs probably are still in the learning stages it would be very helpful if you were to call into NOS tech dept and relay your "real world" experience. Not saying that it won't go in one ear and out the other, but if the tech you get a hold of is someone who has any years under his belt at all he will appreciate the information to have for future reference. Just my .02
Old 06-02-2006, 04:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Anniversary "Z"
I'm a tech rep in a completely different industry and speaking from experience besides helping the members of this site, Bluewire, given this is a new product and the techs probably are still in the learning stages it would be very helpful if you were to call into NOS tech dept and relay your "real world" experience. Not saying that it won't go in one ear and out the other, but if the tech you get a hold of is someone who has any years under his belt at all he will appreciate the information to have for future reference. Just my .02
This is very true. I used to work for NOS before it got moved to Bowling Green. When ever there is a new product out the techs need real world input. We may be able to get a new product and play with it but can't always get to go put it on a car and certainly not every car made. There are a lot of quirky things that can come up that can only be answered by experience. And to top it off car companies don't make it any easier they have been known to go and change the color codes of wires from one year to the next. The old ZR-1 kits for example when the kit first came out it came with a micro switch, then it got a WOT box and a became smog legal. The WOT box was color coded red, white and black if I remember right. And the next year GM changed all the wires around and the techs had to relearn the wiring. Now if you were the first guy to call with the new year ZR-1 and said the colors don't match there would have been a long pause as he tried to figure out what to tell you. Now after a few calls like that they have the experience to help you get it working. Basically techs need to know a lot of stuff and unfortunately we're human and sometimes our minds get a little soggy and we are slower to remeber things.

Quick Reply: NOS Mini-Progressive controller FYI