Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

argh!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 08:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default argh!

I filled up my bottle a couple of weeks ago for the first time.

the car has sat since then, waiting for my tune

checked my pressure gage today and its at 0psi

motherfu

I guess there was a slow leak on the sending unit I have on the high flow valve..its the only place I can think it would leak.

damnit, $5 a pound! 13 lbs gone

sorry just venting
Old 07-03-2006, 11:57 PM
10 Second Club

sorry to hear that dude.... was it a 10lb. bottle? the reason i ask is that it is *possible* to get 13lbs. in a 10lb bottle (don't ask me how i know )

if you left it in your car all week it probably got on up there in temp. with the bottle having that much n2o in it, it doesn't take much temp to raise the bottle pressure a LOT. it may have blown the "burst disc" from the extreme heat/pressure. i would check that before anything else.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

had the same thing happen to me...at least the sendin unit deal
Old 07-04-2006, 12:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SSwanner
sorry to hear that dude.... was it a 10lb. bottle? the reason i ask is that it is *possible* to get 13lbs. in a 10lb bottle (don't ask me how i know )

if you left it in your car all week it probably got on up there in temp. with the bottle having that much n2o in it, it doesn't take much temp to raise the bottle pressure a LOT. it may have blown the "burst disc" from the extreme heat/pressure. i would check that before anything else.

nop i have the 15lb bottle, and the car was in a garage the entire time, nice and cool, Burst disc is still in place

guess i'll have to take out the sending unit, reseal and really tighten the f*ck outa it this time
Old 07-04-2006, 10:14 AM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You may want to pressure the bottle up with compressed air and then spray some soapy water on all of the connections. It will foam up where the leak is. I have a 15# NX bottle with the 4an nut. pm me if your interested, Its empty right now but i can sell it to you full if you want. Are you going to thunder in the north? I could meet you there with it.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:18 AM
TECH Resident

Check your seal on your valve itself too make sure it;s tight and seated right.. not sure who's bottle it is, or where it came from but u might want to make sure there is a seal there at all. Also did you check the burst disc?
Old 07-04-2006, 10:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by koolrayz
You may want to pressure the bottle up with compressed air and then spray some soapy water on all of the connections. It will foam up where the leak is. I have a 15# NX bottle with the 4an nut. pm me if your interested, Its empty right now but i can sell it to you full if you want. Are you going to thunder in the north? I could meet you there with it.
How could I get compressed air into there? I don't have any fittings to connect from my air compressor to the bottle

PM me about the bottle, I might be interested in having a second one.

I haven't decided on TITN yet, when is it? I still have to get my car tuned, hopefully this month
Old 07-04-2006, 10:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by NitrousDirect
Check your seal on your valve itself too make sure it;s tight and seated right.. not sure who's bottle it is, or where it came from but u might want to make sure there is a seal there at all. Also did you check the burst disc?
I'll check out the valve, I would assume its tight though since its brand new, its an NOS bottle.

Burst disc is still there.

When the guy was filling the bottle he said it started leaking out of where I have the sending unit screwed in. He tightened it and it stopped. I guess maybe it needs some more tighten
Old 07-04-2006, 10:52 AM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/midwestern-members/502477-thunder-north-2-official-post-updated-5-8-06-a.html
Ill be at the track day sunday the 9th. You can get a 4an to 1/4 npt adapter probably at home depot. That should get you hooked up to the hose on your compressor.