Sponsored by:

Ok nitrous gurus.. i've been thinking

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 07:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ok nitrous gurus.. i've been thinking

And that is very dangerous.. LOL

Anywho before we get into my new theory.. lemme tell you guys about the setup..

basically heres what i got.. Two enitrely independent NX wet kits.. complete with there own bottle's.. feeds.. each being used in a standard wet configuration with the nozzle in the bellows.. Both fed from a standalone fuel system.. for nitrous only..

now heres where things change.. with the flow through NX solenoids.. i have a -4 line coming out of where the purge solenoid would be mounted on both kits.. these Y together and into another Flow through NX noid wich feeds the dual nozzle dry kit.. and then a single purge.. SO.. while both kits are independent.. they are common..and all have a single feed.. so while it would be inefficient as all hell.. one bottle could feed all 3 kits.. i have also built my own sort of controller box using 2 FJO units and 2 window switches.. to control the 3 kits from the passenger compartment..

Now heres the question.. I am a pump gas guy.. I give my car a 200hit on 93 octane on a regualar basis.. but i have yet to play with the dry other than on the dyno.. where yes it works fine.. a/f is safe blah blah.. but i'm a firm beleiver you can never be TOO safe..

now heres the theory.. i want to use some sort of water meth IN ADDITION TO.. my already safe tune.. now we are not talking about a large quantity here.. just a fine mist of the stuff to kind of cool and prevent detonation sprayed in also in the bellows just before the wet nozzles.. now i know everyones gunna say "just put race gas in it" and now that i said that some smart *** about 4 posts down is gunna say it.. BUT.. do you guys see any reason I can't pull this off?? with the combination of kits and controllers i can run anywhere between 75 an 525 HP worth of nitrous at the flip of a switch should i so feel the need.. and i need everything i can get to help out..

After all this is still a STOCK bottom end

Mike
Old 07-07-2006, 08:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

if u ever run the 525 shot (if u ever get elephantitis of the *****) make sure u film it, that'll be a classic LS1TECH vid.

I don't see why it wouldn't work. I now nitrous has a good cooling effect and u have a safe tune but I'm with u, u can never be too safe. Sorry I cann't give u ur answer because I haven't messed with meth injection with nitrous but I know of several guys around here using them with thier S/C or turbo setup from 4cyl to 10cyl and they love them.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:30 PM
12 Second Club

well me personally I have never used water/meth with spray but my buddies has on his maxima. He has a 75 dry shot and he loves it. He has a msd box with a timing control and he can run full timing even with the spray.I know its not the answer your looking for but I figured i would put in my .02
Old 07-07-2006, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was actually thinking about this yesterday. The only thing that bothered me was the thought of the water starting to freeze from so much nitrous. I'm not sure what kind of effect it would have on the motor if it did though

I will be keeping track of this thread
Old 07-07-2006, 09:13 PM
Restricted User

I wouldnt mess with it personally. breaking new ground is cool and all that, but using dry to keep things cool, and wet for entirely more motivation is more than safe enough. I think the water will add a freezing/heavy mix to the dry intake, especially with the wet in there also. Meth will add enough fuel to make the dry act like a wet torque wise and not so sure you want that extra increas in torque.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:05 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bad Habit Bird
I was actually thinking about this yesterday. The only thing that bothered me was the thought of the water starting to freeze from so much nitrous. I'm not sure what kind of effect it would have on the motor if it did though

I will be keeping track of this thread
you know i never thought about that..

Cat.. it has nothing to do with breaking ground it has simply to do with the octane of the meth and the egt cooling effect that water has.. however.. i never really thought about the freezing factor..

how ever according to this chart at 75% meth 25%water the freezing point would be -215*.. i think that would be plenty..

ok so lets say it doesn;t work.. whats the worst its gunna do?? you think it will blow the motor?? remember i'm talking about misting through 2 .006 orfices..

Mike

PS. of course i want that extra increase in torque..
Old 07-07-2006, 10:12 PM
11 Second Club

also due to the varying hydrocarbons in gasoline various molecules begin to freeze at -97* and at -300* it would freeze solid.. so i really don;t see the mixture freezing..

I think my head is smoking..

Mike
Old 07-08-2006, 12:15 AM
Teching In

ok,

nitrous will already cool your intake air temps.

if you want just put straight meth to help detonation.

my vote would be run a muti stage wet with indepent fuel system
Old 07-08-2006, 01:57 AM
Restricted User

Good thing I never took a chemistry class or I'd try reguritating that kind of stuff... So, if it wont freeze, I'd put meth over water..as stated the octane advantage and superior cooling over water. However, if your a "pump gas" kind of guy, that implies to many that you run pump gas as your octane controllent, thus meth would, to some, negate your pump gas claim. I personally dont give a ratass. I was looking into using a hybrid "moist" shot, using dry nitrous and meth, and second stage as a DP using Nitrous on one jet and Propane (from Propain) on the fuel side. Should make for a extremely tunable, heavily octaned, almost impossible to detonate horrid bastage of a hit. But then again, it may flop all the same.
BTW didnt mean you were trying to be a pathfinder on this one, with the groundbreaking, just get the goosebumps thinking of trying new things and its always hard to support someone stepping into the undiscovered, from a guilt ridden personality sort of way.

Charlie
Old 07-08-2006, 06:18 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by CAT3
BTW didnt mean you were trying to be a pathfinder on this one, with the groundbreaking, just get the goosebumps thinking of trying new things and its always hard to support someone stepping into the undiscovered, from a guilt ridden personality sort of way.

Charlie

No sweat.. like i said this is just me thinking.. and its gunna involve me getting off my fat *** to actually finish it.. which could be awhile.. cuz i'm lazy.. just wondering if anyone was doing this..

I thought about propane.. but for me thats too many variables.. gottta have a heater on the propane tand.. and nitrous bottle.. bleh.. i dunno just me..

Mike
Old 07-08-2006, 09:44 AM
11 Second Club

bored at work... thinking.. LOL
Old 07-08-2006, 10:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Propane as a kicker has been used a lot. You'll benifit from the high octane and also additional cooling. No more of a problem setting up/plumbing than a meth kit, imo. You could have it on a timer or rpm activation, or come on with the dry, and/or manually. I ran water inject on a ls5 454 years ago, a kit from Edelbrock and it worked great keeping detonation at bay.
Robert