Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Who do you recomend?!
ZEX
26.16%
NOS
24.47%
TX
49.37%
Voters: 237. You may not vote on this poll

NOS, ZEX or NX ??????!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 02:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02SOMWS6
I vote TNT!!!!!!
+2

Though I run an NX kit. I would say NX and TNT are pretty comparable. The TNT MAF ring makes great power on LS1 cars. I'm sure the NX MAF system does as well though.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:38 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 94z28L
zex is a great beginer kit for everyonce in a while usage
Zex, safe, reliable, and kick ***. All three kits are good - it's just that some jack asses have to put other peoples equipment down because their a bunch of know it all experts.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by david vericker
Zex, safe, reliable, and kick ***. All three kits are good - it's just that some jack asses have to put other peoples equipment down because their a bunch of know it all experts.
Yup.
It's popular these day's to bash Zex. I guess it's because it's easier to go with the flow then to have the ball's to say that Zex works.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

I've used Zex, Compucar, Topgun, NOS and NX and by far have had the best results with my NX and compucar suprisingly. The zex was easy to install though and it was a dry kit so probably was why I didn't really like it as much.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:58 PM
Teching In

NOS here
Old 02-04-2007, 08:45 PM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nos. excellent tech service, just like nx.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Whats up with ZEX's customer service? Allot of people say that they really suck as with that!
Old 02-06-2007, 10:39 AM
TECH Resident

My Zex NMU failed after 4 runs. I got an RMA and would be told if the warranty would apply after they inspected it. I called after a few days and asked about the status. I got the supervisor and he must have felt I was being pushy. It seemed he copped an attitude and told me they had no replacement in stock and that he couldn't tell me when another would be available. My reply was to let me know for certain because I would make other arrangements. He called back in 45 minutes and said they would pull a unit from another kit and send it out. Maybe I was being impatient or it was simply a hectic day there at Comp Cams (Zex) but it ended up well.

BTW, they also sent along a 9k resistor to fix a voltage feedback that was borking voltage levels to the PCM. This was giving me a high idle when the system was armed and inhibiting shifting at low rpm with my A4. So to that extent, Zex went above and beyond to fix my issues.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:01 AM
10 Second Club

I'm a big fan of TNT, as well.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:03 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 01Z28M6
My Zex NMU failed after 4 runs. I got an RMA and would be told if the warranty would apply after they inspected it. I called after a few days and asked about the status. I got the supervisor and he must have felt I was being pushy. It seemed he copped an attitude and told me they had no replacement in stock and that he couldn't tell me when another would be available. My reply was to let me know for certain because I would make other arrangements. He called back in 45 minutes and said they would pull a unit from another kit and send it out. Maybe I was being impatient or it was simply a hectic day there at Comp Cams (Zex) but it ended up well.

BTW, they also sent along a 9k resistor to fix a voltage feedback that was borking voltage levels to the PCM. This was giving me a high idle when the system was armed and inhibiting shifting at low rpm with my A4. So to that extent, Zex went above and beyond to fix my issues.
so would you recomend them?..
Old 02-07-2007, 06:59 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by WS6 Rampage
so would you recomend them?..
Yes because of two things. I spray very little and the installation is clean because of the NMU enclosure. I routed my -3 AN lines to the fogger through the fuel hose cover. I didn't want lines winding over the engine or exposed brackets and solenoids. This is just my preference because I'm getting older and the looks are more important than the other things. But having said that, I have built a system for my other car with individual parts from the vendors with the same - hide the pieces - concept that I saw with the Zex kit. The difference now is I'm using higher capacity solenoids and custom length lines.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm selling my ZEX to get a NOS kit. I have no opinion on the ZEX though, cause I never used it. I'm missing a important part for my car, the BAP, and I'm starting new with a complete kit.

My friend ran a 75 shot from a ZEX kit on his Civic hatch, and had great results though. Only system he would use. Their safer statement might be true, he managed to not damage his motor for two years, using plugs that were too hot and no retarded timing. Yeah you really couldn't get him to follow the nitrous rules.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I actually voted NX because although Zex is a great beginner system and I don't currently have any complaints about it, I'm already thinking about replacing it. i think that the NX solenoids would make me feel more comfortable, along with Nitro Dave's trick window switch. Either way, you can't go wrong.

99 FRC
Old 02-08-2007, 01:02 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 99FRC
I actually voted NX because although Zex is a great beginner system and I don't currently have any complaints about it, I'm already thinking about replacing it. i think that the NX solenoids would make me feel more comfortable, along with Nitro Dave's trick window switch. Either way, you can't go wrong.

99 FRC
Good answer I think.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:42 AM
TECH Addict

Yea,.i'm leaning towards the ZEX unit.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:31 AM
Staging Lane

The zex box is overpriced when replacing and the NOS nozzles suck ***. NX or dynotune nozzles with the nos system.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:31 PM
TECH Addict

Maybe its overpriced but it gives me a stupid sense of security lol! Hey,..as long as the solenoids don't take a **** on me(since their mounted IN the box) i'll be fine!
Old 02-14-2007, 07:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NX because 792RWHP and 850Torque.Need any more reasons?
Old 02-14-2007, 08:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Another fan of the TNT kits!! Love mine zero probs fill the bottle arm it an go
Old 02-15-2007, 11:28 AM
Staging Lane

This is my experience with ZEX. At this time I had a 03 Mach 1 Mustang(no comments please) with 3500 miles. Went to a Test and Tune at the Memphis Motorsports Park. I made 2 motor passes to get a baseline. There was a huge crowd that night, so I went straight to the staging lanes. Got out, turned the bottle on to check pressure and turned it off. 10 minutes of so passed and went to start the car and it blew the intake off. The ZEX box bled the nitrous from the line into the intake and when the engine started, it ignited the nitrous in the intake. It broke the intake,hurt 1 piston and a few other things. It cost me about $2900 to get it fixed. Zex checked the box and somewhat admitted the box caused the problem but refused to help me on my repair, only to replace the box. When I got the box back I threw it in the garbage and now have the Zex bottle for a spare for my NX kit. Thats just my experience.

Quick Reply: NOS, ZEX or NX ??????!!!!!!