Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno Results on Zex dry kit.....NA and n2o

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 06:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno Results on Zex dry kit.....NA and n2o

Hey Fellas....got my car dyno'd today.....I'm quite impressed with my results.

My cars mods....

4.10 gear
Airlid (if you call that a mod )
SLP Loudmouth

NA.....325.95rwhp 329.98rwtq
n2o....405.51rwhp 441.44rwtq

Now the n2o was supposedly a 100 jet so I guess I can say 100 shot....I need a bottle heater though because pressure was under 900.

Anyways I'm very pleased with the results especially NA and will post the DynoGraph here in the next day or so....I'm happy with the curve.

Now I did have it tuned with the SCT flash programmer...I'm happy with my purchase...but I also found out I need colder plugs....so should I expect an increase in power?
Old 07-28-2006, 08:49 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Colder plugs will help the engine live, but HP increase not going to see it. that is unless you had some stupid amount of knock going on casued by hotter plugs.
I see you made your choice of system nice numbers. The 20 that is missing is not missing. I believe ZEX rates theirs HP at the crank not the ground.

Ricky
Old 07-28-2006, 04:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
Colder plugs will help the engine live, but HP increase not going to see it. that is unless you had some stupid amount of knock going on casued by hotter plugs.
I see you made your choice of system nice numbers. The 20 that is missing is not missing. I believe ZEX rates theirs HP at the crank not the ground.

Ricky
Well no...I'm not wondering if it was a 100 shot or not....I just used a jet for a 100 shot...I have a dry system....and because the LS1 is a returnless fuel system I didn't hook a jet into the "fuel" inlet because I felt it wasn't needed...I just used a vacuum line....

I don't know if there was a difference or not I just used the jet I saw on a 100 shot but didn't know if it was an actual shot because there's a combination used for the n2o jet and fuel jet.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:02 PM
12 Second Club

I didnt see injectors listed as a mod that might be where that hp is have to see the graph to know for sure.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by The Alpha Male
Well no...I'm not wondering if it was a 100 shot or not....I just used a jet for a 100 shot...I have a dry system....and because the LS1 is a returnless fuel system I didn't hook a jet into the "fuel" inlet because I felt it wasn't needed...I just used a vacuum line....

I don't know if there was a difference or not I just used the jet I saw on a 100 shot but didn't know if it was an actual shot because there's a combination used for the n2o jet and fuel jet.

what do you mean you hooked up a vaccum line? to what? you shouldn't need a vaccum for anything on an ls1 unless you have a after market regulator then maybe you can spike that but you just need to cap the nozzle end off.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Alpha Male

Can you tell me the size was the jet?
Old 05-28-2007, 01:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bottle pressure under 900psi will also add to the low hp numbers.
Robert